Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smugglers on Nar Shaddaa

Zev Cata

Just trying to find my way around this galaxy.
Zev Cata waited on one of the many landing pads outside of a major club on Nar Shadda. This moon was a criminal's dream, it was like a darker more sinister Coruscant, populated by all sorts of occupations; smugglers, crime lords, slavers, drug dealers, and everything in between, and on top of it all were the Huts, a merciless family of lords who worked the criminal underground. But all of this was besides the point, although Zev somewhat enjoyed it here, he wasn't here for pleasure. Rather he was here on a mission, what kind of mission he didn't know, all he knew was that he was waiting for Tugoro Taidarious, and that what ever job he did he was getting paid.

As Zev was eyeing some female twi'leks, he suddenly heard his co-pilot Malachite ask "When will he get here?" Zev was somewhat taken aback, he had forgot that he reprogrammed his Personal Droid Commando to have more of a personality. "He will get here when he gets here!" scolded Zev, he wasn't going to be impatient when he saw a large job opportunity, "But for now we wait...".

Just then another ship landed at the pad and a figure began to emerge from the vessel.
750aa3df4b2812938ccb1f0c46144d27.jpg

The entrance ramp at the front of the vessel began to drop, two streams of vapor ejected on either side as the airtight seal was broken. The journey had been long, Tugoro having almost decided not to show up after receiving the mysterious offer. [member="Zev Cata"] likely knew as much as he did about the job opportunity, though Zev was also likely an experienced smuggler, much more so than Tugoro at least.

The man donned his typical spacer attire, a brown leather jacket, boots, and beige flightsuit underneath. On his belt was a holstered blaster pistol, along with another device that appeared to be a personal shield. Mid-way down the ramp, Tugoro stopped, examining the duo that awaited him on the landing pad. Tugoro was a decade older than Zev at the most, but boy was the kid a lanky giant.

"Zev Cata. You got a ship?" The man questioned, brief and to the point.

Zev Cata

"Yes sir..." replied Zev, "right over on the left."

Zev pointed to a modified U-Wing with green highlights.

"I call her Gemini", explained Zev. "Don't be fooled by her looks, she's pretty damn fast and with a pilot and co-pilot like me and Malachite, shes pretty maneuverable too. We modified her two years ago to accelerate faster and hit harder."

"To be precise I replaced all the primary and secondary weapons with heavier repeaters", exclaimed Malachite, "I also removed some benches and made panels movable to help with cargo capacity."

"So what is this job opportunity you talk about, what do you need us to move?" asked Zev.

[member="Tugoro Taidarious"]

Glancing to the left, Tugoro spotted the U-wing that [member="Zev Cata"] pointed out, among the various other vehicles that were parked upon the large landing pad. It looked like a nice ship. It wasn't a model that he was familiar with, but then again, he was not even fully used to his own light-freighter. Nodding in approval, the man turned back to face the pair, stepping off the ramp to stand in front of them.

Tugoro didn't actually have the details of the job, so he could not answer Zev's question. Instead of saying as much, he simply lifted an arm, pointing at the club that they were parked out front of. "Employer's inside. After we meet with them, we'll get the pick up coordinates. A few bulk containers, I believe," with that, the man looked back towards the U-wing. He didn't mind leaving his ship behind, but he wondered which was more suitable for the job.

"Let's head inside. We'll figure out which ship to take after we get the specifics."

Zev Cata

As Zev and [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] were going into the bar, a load explosion was heard, as the three whipped around, they saw the burning wreckage of The Gemini. "Some one must have followed me here and is probably not happy that I'm meeting you." replied Zev in an calm but sad tone, "It's a shame, I just got that ship, but lets not go into the bar, a crowd is beginning to form." The three ran off down a couple blocks and regrouped in an alley.

The explosion happened right before Tugoro's eyes, as soon as he had managed to get the last sentence out of his mouth. To his knowledge, there were no discernible signs of whether or not the explosive had been planted, or launched in order to destroy [member="Zev Cata"]'s U-wing. Security staff had already made their way onto the landing pad, ushering the crowd away from the scene of the crime.

Before Zev managed to make his getaway, Tugoro reached out with his arm, attempting to grasp the younger man's own with his hand. This major club was on the surface of Nar Shaddaa, and the massive structure it was housed within didn't exactly have a few blocks nearby to run along. The landing pad itself was elevated in the sky, attached to the skyscraper that had many, many floors to it.

"Wait a second, kid," Tugoro began, hoping that Zev would listen. "They'll probably start evacuating the club any minute now. We gotta get to the turbolift if we want to go anywhere, and that likely means dropping the job. You're okay with that?" The man asked him with an even tone, not trying to pressure the pair into anything.

Zev Cata

[member="Tugoro Taidarious"] "We can let this blow over and then get back to the mission at hand." Zev replied, "I would just stay on Nar Shaddaa and meet up in a day or two, that is if the job can wait."

Tugoro let go of [member="Zev Cata"]'s arm, listening to what the young man had to say. Security had begun to clear the gathered from the landing pad, before effectively locking down each and every starship that had touched down. "Looks like we have little choice in that matter," Tugoro replied, in regards to staying on Nar Shaddaa for a few days. The investigation would probably take even longer.

"But, our employer was very specific with their instructions. Once we leave through the club, if we don't run into them, we'll find a communications terminal to make a discreet call. What do you think?" Tugoro questioned, facing the duo as he began to walk backwards towards the club security.

"Hurry up, you three. You'll be scanned, and eventually brought in for questioning." One of the lightly armored Weequays ordered, waving them towards the landing pad exit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom