Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Slugger Class Chain Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
m230_30mm_chain_gun_by_bravefencerken.jpg
Slugger Class Chain Gun

OOC Info
Image Source: X
Intent: To create a weapon for the Mandalorian Crusaders' armory
Development Thread: NA

Weapon General Info
Manufacturer: Reclaimer Arms & Industrial
Model: Slugger Class
Affiliation: Closed Market/Mandalorian Crusaders
Modularity: None
Production: Mass
Material: Durasteel
Classification: Chain Gun
Size: Mounted
Length: 2,672 mm
Weight: 119 kg
Ammunition type: 25mm slugs
Ammunition Capacity: Chain fed, varies on container size or belt size. Standard container holds 300 rounds but more can be added by linking chains to fit your specific vehicle or fortification.
Effective range: 3000 meters
Maximum firing range: 6000 meters
Rate of fire: semi automatic, three round burst, full auto
Special Features:
•Durable
•Accurate

Weapon Description
Strengths:
•Long range
•Powerful shell
Weaknesses:
•Overheating
•Massive recoil
•limited ammo

Description: Anti vehicle weapons are needed on the battlefield not only in the hands of individual soldiers but for walkers, tanks, and other vehicle crews in order to survive. So this is just what Reclaimer intends on delivering to the Galaxy at large, a high grade durable weapon system to help destroy fortifications and other enemy vehicles. The Slugger Heavy Chain Gun is that weapon system and it is quite the hitter.

Strengths. With its large 25mm shells there's not much this gun doesn't have the ability take down short of large scale AT-AT sized walkers. The heavy chain gun can shred through buildings, tanks, and most vehicles when engaged with them. The thick round whether it be explosive or standard is nothing to mess around with. But that's just the ammunition, the weapon itself however is built with great amount of care and precision for it to be a durable and sturdy weapon that can deliver rounds down range at long distances when properly mounted to a stable firing platform. Platforms that the weapon is traditionally placed on are heavy troop transports and assault vehicles, walkers, tanks, and defensive fortifications when properly bolted to the ground on its swiveling platform.

Weaknesses. Its a great weapon but being that it's so large and heavy transportation and instillation can be a bit of a pain and that's only the beginning of the problems the weapon can have. Since the weapon can get up to three hundred rounds off a minute it can chew through ammo so when firing make sure you either have plenty of ammo or are using the three round burst option to pick your shots, it's a chain gun so it'll blow through its munitions quickly. Another fair warning that if you are firing this weapon at a cyclic rate it one hundred percent needs to be mounted to a walker or other heavy stable base as the amount of recoil it produces can destroy a normal person's arms if they are manually manning this gun directly and cause inaccurate shot placement.

Summary. If you're looking for a big gun to do a big job this is for you. It's available upon special request in the Reclaimer Arms and Industrial store and will most certainly blow away your enemies when properly mounted and maintained.

Primary Source: M242 Bushmaster

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

This looks like pretty conventional real life tech, so I'll inclined to compare it to the closest real life variant that I know of, the GAU-12 Equalizer. If you feel that there is something else that I should be comparing it to, please let me know.

Miss Blonde said:
Effective range: 3000 meters Maximum firing range: 6000 meters
Looks a little high to me. The GAU-12 Equalizer has a maximum range of 3660 meters. Effective range is likely going to be half of that or less. I would recommend making it the same as the standard laser cannon, which is around 2000 meters on average.

Miss Blonde said:
Standard container holds 1000 rounds
With the above, this also looks a bit high compared to the GAU-8, which has about 300 rounds on the Harrier II. This will likely depend on the exact usage, however, so I don't feel like this is a huge specific sticking point for this gun.

Miss Blonde said:
The heavy chain gun will shred through buildings, tanks, and most vehicles when engaged with them.
All damage is determined by opposing writers. If you'd change "will" to "can", we'll be golden.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Gir Quee"]

I'll edit the bottom part to can and will but other weapon you are comparing it to isn't what I based it off of. Since this is a real life piece of tech ported to chaos I put the Bushmaster as a primary source which is linked bellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom