Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Skywalker-Class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
prp_destroyer_classe_venator_by_vexod14-d6h7b9g.png
Image Source: http://vexod14.deviantart.com/art/PRP-Destroyer-Classe-Venator-391691716
Affiliation: The Rebel Alliance
Manufacturer: The Rebel Alliance
Model: Skywalker-Class Star Destroyer
Modularity: [None]
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, Fiberplast, Transparisteel, Carbonite, and other shipbuilding materials
Classification: Destroyer

Length: 1,137 meters
Width: 548 meters
Height: 268 meters

Armament:
  • 1 heavy long-range turreted hypervelocity cannon (dorsal foredeck)
  • 1 heavy long-range turreted hypervelocity cannon (dorsal starboard)
  • 1 heavy long-range turreted hypervelocity cannon (dorsal portside)
  • 1 heavy turreted hypervelocity cannon (dorsal starboard aft)
  • 1 heavy turreted hypervelocity cannon (dorsal portside aft)
  • 10 dual heavy turbolasers (dorsal)
  • 10 dual heavy turbolasers (ventral)
  • 10 heavy turbolasers (starboard)
  • 10 heavy turbolasers (portside)
  • 2 quad heavy turbolasers (dorsal stern)
  • 2 quad heavy turbolasers (ventral stern)
  • 8 point defense emplacements (bridge)
  • 6 point defense emplacements (dorsal stern)
  • 6 point defense emplacements (ventral aft)
  • 8 heavy warhead launchers
  • 2 Magnapulse cluster bombs
Hangar:
Special Features:
  • Advanced sensory system
  • Standard targeting systems
  • Analogue targeting systems
  • Standard navigational systems
  • Advanced life support systems
  • Analogue life support systems
  • Heavy deflector shields
  • Heavy particle shields
  • Holonet transceiver
  • Radiowave transceiver
  • Shortwave transceiver
  • Encryption network
  • Infrared beam triangulation communications transceivers
  • Tractor beams
  • Escape pods
  • Analogue propulsion systems
  • Backup hyperdrive
Maneuverability: 16
Speed Rating: 14
Hyperdrive Class: 1

Strengths:
  • Heavy armaments
  • Heavy shields
Weaknesses:
  • Rigid maneuverability
  • Minimal hangar capacity
Description: Needing a heavy hitter to balance out the Red Fleet, the Rebel Alliance brought forth one final model of its Venator-class conversions, made for nothing but firepower.

Most importantly affixed to the Skywalker-class destroyer were the five turreted hypervelocity cannons, each capable of firing within a 120-degree arc. One of the hypervelocity cannons is positioned at the foredeck, while the other four are positioned staggered towards the back, two on each side. This allows at least two of the cannons to fire on the same target at once, no matter where the target is positioned relative to the destroyer. However, as with all rotating weapons of this caliber, movement is not as fast as the average turbolaser turret is capable of, and reloading is a slow process, sacrificing the quick rate of fire that turbolasers can spout off. These powerful mass projectile cannons are therefore extremely effective at range, but their ability to turn fast enough during close encounters (such as broadside engagements) is where their presence is practically negated.

The Skywalker-class’ plating is layered with Carbonite to help prevent deactivation from ionic attacks, although this does not make it entirely immune. Its primary systems are also backed up with analogue mechanical systems to be extra sure, although the ship would not be able to run at full effectiveness if on manual systems.

As the original Venator-class destroyers were, the retrofitted Skywalker-class destroyers are capable of operation within a planet’s gravitational event horizon.

The Skywalker-class destroyer operates best with a crew of approximately 900. Its provisions capacity for this amount of operators lasts for a duration of approximately 6 months.

Development Thread: Spokoynoy Nochi; Raxus Prime Time
Intent: To create an assault variant of the Rebel Alliance’s first star destroyer series.

[member="Krasnaya Xue"]

Ok a light star destroyer packs around 120 capital gun batteries, this is at around 255. It's going to need scaling back in armaments please.

What do you reckon the magnapulse cluster is like? Around X heavy warheads in a cluster? Could we define X please?

Krasnaya Xue said:
Analogue targeting systems

How would this work? I can send voice and data down an analogue transmission, what is this in reality? :) (I don't even know if star wars is digital or has some they send qubits or ....)

Hypervelocity cannons typically take up a fair length of a vessel. I'm ok with them being turreted, but can we state that their aiming is exceedingly slow and may struggle with faster cruisers at closer distanced to balance them out please?

[member="Raziel"]

I only counted 129 batteries.

(7 HVCs = 70 guns) * 2(heavy) = 140 guns
(36 dual turbolasers = 64 guns) * 2(heavy) * 2(long) = 288 guns
(16 turbolasers = 16 guns) * 2(heavy) * 2 (long) = 64 guns
24 point defense emplacements = 24 guns

140 + 288 + 64 + 24 = 516 guns
516 / 4 = 129 batteries

Reductions have been made since my calculations, however!

I'd guess a cluster would equal about 6 individual heavy warheads.

6 * 4 * 2(heavy) = 48 warheads
48 + 16 * 2(heavy) = 80 warheads

As for analogue targeting, check this out! :) I enjoyed the read myself.

Edited on the HVC description.

So we're now at:

516/480 capital guns

you're a few short on defensive emplacements, so I'm happy with this!

Warheads:
Normal Warhead: 2 capital guns
Heavy Warhead: 8 capital guns

So the only issue with the warheads is that heavy is 4x!

This is because normal warheads are pretty light and designed to damage ground targets, starfighters and lighter vessels.

Heavy warheads are monstrous things that can crack star destroyers in a full salvo. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom