Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skulking Shadows... (Aronis and Aurelic)

Aurelic Vos Talen

Jedi Newcomer and Shapeshifting Marsupial
Telos Surface Capital City
3rd Market District

Aurelic waited in the Market Cantina. Telos certainly had changed from his last visit, the Sith who meticulously controlled the Market World carefully monitored its lanes even more so during the recent Mandalorian and Jedi attacks. Armed troops paraded the streets and curfews had been set in place. The normally lively market district was oddly silent despite the fact that some shops were still open for business. It was still a perfect place to conduct business, this time he was in the form of your average Sith Apprentice. A human with long black hair and odd orange eyes. It worked better than a wandering animal in a populated city. Most people moved out of his way too. Now the Sith was awaiting the man he had called, Aronis Vilgar. He'd done some research while away and decided the Sith was a perfect "ally" in this Kath-eat-Kath world.

@[member="Aronis Vilgar"]

Aronis walked down the street in the general direction of the cantina. He was in no hurry, he stopped to view some of the market vendors, taking his time to examine the wares they had to offer. He was one of the few people roaming the streets, despite the shops being open. He examined some robes, a few vases and decorations.

Nearly ten minutes later, he had exited the market and was now arriving at the cantina. He was almost ten minutes late, but that was done intentionally. He found such acts amusing and as far as he was concerned, they could wait on him all day. He walked into the dimly lit cantina and approached the bar. He sat down at the bar and ordered his usual, Varasian Brandy. He made no moves to find his contact, if their meeting was so important, he could find Aronis.

The bartender served his Brandy. He sat there, sipping it, waiting.

@[member="Aurelic Vos Talen"]

Aurelic Vos Talen

Talen was nearly about to leave. He was ever patient and every tactful but now he was sheerly impatient. The Sith Apprentice was taking so long. He waited a tad long, however, sitting up straight in his form of the average human Sith Apprentice. Finally, the boy arrived though. A slow grin crossed Talen's face and he watched the boy move and sit down. Humans. Always so... Arrogant. Aurelic took the hint and initiative however and stood, wandering over to take his place next to Aronis.

The only thing his fellow Sith Apprentice would likely be able to recognize would be his voice, which still followed like cold liquid over durasteel; those red eyes which obviously caused every mundane human that he looked at to turn away nervously.

"You have finally arrived... I was beginning to become impatient. I was worried for you, worried that you'd turned down this deal and opportunity."

"No, I wouldn't dream of such a thing." Aronis replied, not even bothering to look at him.

Looks were deciving, especially when dealing with shapeshifters. Besides Aronis would recognize that voice anywhere.

Aurelic Vos Talen

Talen actually snorted at that response before pulling out a data pad and scrolling through its contents with a low hissing noises that would oddly enough be heard only by Aronis.

"Intelligence had quite a bit of interesting information on you. You never came from an Academy apparently. Makes one look weak." He add extra emphasis on the last word and then looked toward the man next to him with a lop-sided grin if he looked back. He was obviously trying to get a hold of Aronis' temper.

"Weak? It is merely a matter of opinion. And the next time you attempt to insult somone, I'd recommend being able to actually back it up." Aronis replied.

Aronis had trained as a Jedi and though Talen probably had no clue about such things along with a billion other things, they hated emotions. Aronis didn't care, no, he wouldn't care. Besides, he could crush this little shape shifter with his finger, if need be. And he would need to come up with a much better insult for Aronis to fail to keep his emotions in check.

Aurelic Vos Talen

"Oh! I assure you that I can back a threat up. However, I was not threatening you. I was making a statement of what most Sith may say if they find out you somehow 'bypassed' training... You may assume I was trying to insult you but no. It was mere advice between possible allies."

At that Talen finally let his natural ability to hide the Force within him slip away. Aronis would now feel more than the Dark Side but the ever-present hum and howl of a Sith's connection to the Force within the Shapeshifter.

"I graduated the Korriban Sith Academy with top marks as an Assassin and Inflitrator. You have a different set of skill that may compliment mine and together, we can make place in Sith society... Or break it for our own good. After-all, I just want personal gain in all this and I imagine you seek the same, freedom, safety most likely. Hmmm?"

"Bypassed? Hardly. I would consider it as advanced training." Aronis responded. "Nowhere is safe and the price for freedom is high nowadays, with the Jedi conquering the galaxy. What I want is something different, but I am not against an alliance. It could work well. Is there anything specific you are wanting?"

The shapeshifter had let the trace of the Force in him disappear. Aronis wondered why exactly, but it was probably insignificant. He now felt it replaced by darkness, interesting. An alliance could serve Aronis well, For now.

Aurelic Vos Talen

The Sith grinned softly to himself and gave a nod at that before taking a drink from a glass before him. It was odd for him to make that facial expression. Now he had a test for Aronis one that could bring about some gain for both of them. "There's a Sith Lord on this world that has something I would dearly like, he's an extremist you see and I doubt the local government nor his rivals would mind him losing such an object. An old holocron with a Sith technique I much wish to learn. To cement our alliance and grow some 'trust' , and I use the word lightly, for each other I ask you to aide me in this heist."

His turned back and faced Arnois with a oddly canted head, he was speaking hushed as well, so others would not overhear their conversation now.

"What say you?"

Wow. What a "friend". But such was the way of the Sith. Aronis contemplated his options for a moment. Call him out or go along? He made his decision.

"I will require more of an explanation. Firstly, What is this technique? Secondly, How is this growing trust, when you are the only one benefitting? Thirdly, how should I know you won't abandon this deal, once you get your holocron? And how did you even come about such knowledge?"

So much for others not hearing as Aronis had nearly shouted at him. Aronis eyes glowed with fire, he was not going to be treated like a fool. If this Alliance was going anywhere, it would have to be beneficial to both parties, or at least Aronis.

Aurelic Vos Talen

The Gurlanin made a look of mocked pain, as if he were just crushed emotionally. He then quickly grinned afterwords and then spoke once more, Aronis was entirely logical, which was good, less likely he'd get himself killed.

"Fair enough points. One, the technique is Deadly Sight or Death Sight and involves focusing force energies through your eyes in the same destructive manner as Lightning just more subtle. Second, you can use the holocron yourself and we can learn together if you wish to and I would owe you a favor and would seek to repay that debt in anyway possible. Thirdly, as you said, if I abandoned you afterwords It would be for an entirely different reason, it would leave lose ties and I don't like those. I'm taking a massive risk by confiding to you in the first place, after all, you can just turn me if you'd wish. Lastly? I have my ways which you will learn in time."

@[member="Aurelic Vos Talen"] ((OOC: I had never heard of that before, It'd be cool to learn. And sorry for the short reply, not feeling well.))

Aronis was not impressed by him faking to be hurt, he couldn't care less about his feelings.

"Fine, I'll help." Aronis replied, "Do you have a plan?"

Aurelic Vos Talen

"I have a plan, yes, it takes multiple steps though, And I'd prefer to talk of it more quitely than our previous conversation. Basically... The Captain of the compound is off duty here in the markets as we speak along with lacky or two as a bodyguard. I say we remove them silently and take their gear and then use it to get as far into the compound and as close to the holocron as able."

The Sith had obviously been preparing for this for a good time coming, though in a human form, he turned and glanced at Aronis, canting his head like an animal even in the form, his tone even more silent than before.

"Okay, Let's go." Aronis replied in a hushed voice.

He stood and casually walked towards the door, they could discuss matters on their way, away from the busy cantina. He stopped outside, waiting for Aurelic to take the lead.

As they walked off, Aronis spoke, still in a hushed voice, in case anyone was eavesdropping. "So do you know where he is?"

Aurelic Vos Talen

Aurelic grinned and took the lead, taking a winding path toward the main bazaar. He was in a hurry obviously and made no mistake to hide such. Most citizens in their way quickly moved past, for embarrassing or agitating a Sith is generally a bad idea.

"He visits the same shops everyday. We just have to pick the right one on his path."

Aurelic chose to barrel down the paths causing everyone to be forced to avoid them. It certainly wasn't very subtle and not really Aronis' style, but it was effective.

"How do you plan on disposing of him? I would prefer it to be more subtle then the way you entered." Aronis remarked.

Aurelic Vos Talen

Once they neared the marketplace Aurelic slowly and slowly became more subtle. He was stalking, just as he had done on Chronos IV. His eyes flashed from area to area before he looked back at Aronis.

"We locate, tail until a more secluded area, and then dispose of the pompous Mercenary and his men in whatever manner we see fit."

"Okay, lead the way."

Aronis had never been one for following people or really any covert operations. He would rather beat them up front and in their face. Backstabbing and such wasn't his favorite thing, but he wasn't terrible at it, if he had to do it. He followed Aurelic trying to keep up and act 'normal'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom