Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Skirmishes

A question about skirmish rp: if I want to create a thread about two factions fighting, it can’t be an invasion of course, but it can be like a hit and run by one of the factions, right? Do I need permission from the faction leader to start a skirmish? Can only specific people start skirmishes? And if I do start a skirmish against another faction, is it seen as something that starts a war, or could it just be a practice fight or something? Thanks

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Plikh'ala'niu (Khalani) Plikh'ala'niu (Khalani)

A skirmish can pretty much be anything but ideally keeping it brief or limited to some neutral area or something like that is ideal yes. It could be something as simple as a few ships clashing to a full on battle like in the Caldera Crisis or Kal'Shebbol Run, but obviously with no planet conquering being involved.

It's definitely good sport to ask people about starting skirmishes but technically anyone can post one to my knowledge, it's just faction staff that typically do faction threads. As long as you're at least getting permission then it's probably alright in most circumstances. You could have a skirmish be practice but at that point I'd say it's more of just a thread between two factions if they're not really fighting, not a proper skirmish if that makes any sense.

Faction war stuff is always planned/discussed between faction staff, so definitely not something to just throw out there on behalf of another faction. With permission it might be possible, but usually war/conflict related things are planned out a bit more, and the story is set up in a way that makes sense for both factions

Which is easier to do when it's people who have been with the faction for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom