Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship SJ Stylet

Status
Not open for further replies.
- SJ Stylet -
hIWOI9HX.jpg

Affiliation - Open market.
Manufacturer - Outlaw tech factories.
Modularity - No.
Production - Semi-unique.
Material - Link-steel fuselage and wings.
Classification - Droid starfighterhttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Droid_starfighter/Legends.
Length - 15 meters.
Height - 3.75 meters.
Width - 7.5 meters.
Armament -
Special Features -
Squadron Count - 12.
Maneuverability Rating - 3.
Speed Rating - 1.
Hyperdrive Class - N/A.
Strengths -
  • Extremely fast.
  • Slender profile, making it difficult to hit.
Weaknesses -
Description -
The SJ Stylet droid starfighter is a fast, slender combat spacecraft which has become a mainstay of fringer elements and small criminal groups the Galaxy over.
Developed by an unknown manufacturer some time during the Four Hundred Year Darkness caused by the Gulag Plague, the exact origins of the Stylet remain unknown. Some researchers have theorized that it was originally a Kort design, offered for export to struggling governments as a means of bolstering planetary defenses without having to commit increasingly scarce manpower. The Kort themselves have been unable to confirm this theory, despite their uncommonly good local records of the period in question.
Whatever the source of the Stylet's design, the type became common hundreds of years ago. Though long since phased out by most large-scale operators, the Stylet has taken on something of a second life.
Of particular note, it appears that at some point in the past, production tooling and blueprints for the Stylet fell into the hands of outlaw tech groups. New examples continue to be produced today off antique production lines, moved from shadowport to shadowport over the centuries. They tend to be used by fringers, criminal elements, or even more legitimate factions with less than scrupulous procurement policies.

SJ Stylets are slender, blade-winged starfighters, 15 meters in length and designed around a single, powerful sublight engine; due to their light construction, they are capable of incredible acceleration. Most examples do not include a hyperdrive, however, making them dependent on support vessels and nearby bases.
Stylets are typically armed with a trio of heavy repeating blaster cannons, as well as a pair of concussion missile launchers, each with a 4 missile magazine. They are often equipped with rudimentary deflector screens. Stylets also have a link-steel fuselage and wing structures, this material being cheap and easy to procure at wholesale prices due to its use in the building of large structures; it does not make outstanding armor, however.
Finally, Stylets are not meant to be flown by organic pilots. Equipped with a droid brain, they fly themselves; their combat performance in this configuration is not outstanding, being about on par with Confederate droid fighters from the Clone Wars, such as the tri-fighter. The quality of these droid brains can vary, however, as different production lines use different components. Alternatively, Stylets can be flown remotely by organics, using a slave rig and a simulator cockpit on a nearby ship or base; this configuration is generally considered more effective than droid control, but is vulnerable to jamming.

Intent - This fighter would be available for anyone to use. It would also be a combat vehicle for my upcoming droid character.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Une Docina"]

One more issue then its good.couple more things.

Une Docina said:
Manufacturer - Outlaw tech factories.

Une Docina said:
Production - Mass produced.
To have something Mass produced you have to have some sort of financial backing or a higher tier company. Change production to semi-unique or find a Company to build it.

the rule is
"Mass producing any starship will require substantial proof of income by way of development thread, higher tier company, or Minor/Major Faction involvement."

So you need to find a company to build these if you want more then a hand full of them.

Une Docina said:
3x heavy repeating blaster cannon.

Repeating is a 2x modifier which would make repeating blaster cannons 2 weapons.

A fighter is allowed 4 weapons and 2 warhead launchers. Please make this 2 Repeating Blaster Cannons.

[member="Reshmar"]

Alright. Grudgingly, I've changed the production status to semi-unique, and I've replaced the repeating blaster cannons with normal blaster cannons.

I will explain my logic behind what I originally posted, though.

Outlaw tech factories are the current manufacturer. This state of affairs is not unprecedented in Legends canon: during the Thrawn campaign, the Empire made use of Preybird-class starfighters, which at the time were being supplied by factories under the control of the Cavrilhu Pirates. The type was originally produced by SoroSuub in limited numbers, but the production tooling was stolen, copied or otherwise acquired by outlaw elements, who apparently were able to put the type into full production for themselves, and for sale to others.
With this example in mind, I have to question the rules governing mass production status of a ship. I don't think it's nearly as difficult or expensive as the staff here seems to think, if the Legends canon is anything to go by.

As for repeating blaster cannons, can you show me where it says that in the rules? I can't seem to find it.
It also seems to me that there are a lot of starfighters of similar size in Legends canon that are far more heavily armed than the approved load-out you describe.

Sorry. At any rate, I made the changes you require.

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Une Docina"]

Une Docina said:
As for repeating blaster cannons, can you show me where it says that in the rules? I can't seem to find it.
This is from the old 2.0 guide we still reference for weapons from time to time. while we do not use this anymore to make ships the rules for guns in regards to heavy, long range, repeating are still the same.

Sub-Capital Ships - Guns

Gun Emplacement Gun Value
Laser Cannon 1
-(low rate of fire, high power)
Ion Cannon 1
Light Laser/Ion Cannon 0.5
-(low rate of fire, low power)
Blaster Cannon 1
-(high rate of fire, low power)
Heavy Laser/Ion Cannon 2
-(low rate of fire, very high power)
Repeating Laser/Ion Cannon 2