Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Six foot, seven foot, eight foot...BUNCH!

"Dammit, Steve! You are completely, and utterly karking incompetent!" He shouted at his cameraman Steve, who watched in disbelief and nervousness as his camera skidded off the landing pad, crashing down onto the streets below.

"S-s-sorry, man! I...I-It was a mistake!" Steve pleaded, sweating nervously.

"Clearly it was a mistake. A. BIG. KARKING. MISTAKE!" Eire shouted, turning away, clearly irritated as he plucked a cigarette from his pack of Sarlacc Reds. Placing the cigarette in his mouth, he removed a lighter, covering it with his hand as he lit it, igniting the tobacco in the cigarette. Quickly, he inhaled the cloud of smoke, removing it from hise mouth for a moment with his index and middle finger. "All the footage was on that camera, Steve." Eire said, shaking his head in disbelief as he exhaled a ring of smoke, gesturing for Steve to follow him.

"Here, come on. I hear Nar Shadda has some fairly decent cantinas." He muttered.

Nearly an hour passed by, Eire and Steve navigating the crowded streets of Nar Shadda, they eventually pushed themselves into a small, yet decent looking cantina. Not bothering to hold the door for Steve, Steve muttered and yelped for a moment as the swinging, wooden door flew back, crashing into his nose, sending a small stream of blood squirting onto the exterior wall. With a sigh, Steve followed Eire to the bar, taking a seat next to him.

Bringing the cigarette back up to his lips, Eire motioned for the bartender. "Hurry the kark up! We ain't got all karking afternoon!" He barked at the bartender, who ignored Eire for a moment or two, before returning.

"Whaddya y'all want?" The bartender asked, glaring at Eire. "Glass of brandy. Ignore Steve here, he wont be drinking anything." Eire said, passing over a credit, watching the bartender retrieve the glass and fill it with brandy, obviously impatient. The bartender placed the glass on the bar, heading over to another customer.

Eire, taking the glass in his hand, ignored the looks from his cameraman as he quietly sipped the brandy, stopping only to draw a cloud of smoke into his lungs.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Wow, some people were assholes. Lor was close enough to the door to see the blood dripping from one man's nose when the other smashed the door into his face. Waiting for Rawnie and Ryker was proving to take a bit longer than he'd expected. If this was almost any planet other than Nar Shaddaa, he would've been less worried about his fiancee and their adopted son...​
So, he really wasn't very appreciative of the distraction from the loud man and his companion. In fact, he was on the very edge of leaving the bar to find out where Rawnie and Ryker were.​
[member='Rawnie Tal'verda'] [member='Ryker Wyldemane'] [member="Eire Saf'Voak"]​

Exhaling a large amount of smoke in the direction of the man sitting beside him, he removed the cigarette from his mouth, he glanced over at Steve. "Steve, buy a pack of Sarlacc Reds from that cigarette machine over there." Eire said, staring at Steve with an impatient look on his face.

"Uhm, sure. Can you give me the credit, please?" Steve asked, proceeding to climb out of his seat, holding out his hand, waiting for Eire to drop the credits into his palm. Staring blankly at his cameraman, Eire reached up, removing his red lens sunglasses, shaking his head. "Your paying for the cigarettes, Steve." Eire said, shaking his head in disbelief at Steve, as if expecting him to just get up and waste his own credits on a pack of cigarettes he would not smoke.

"I-I...Uhm...I...Yes, Eire." Steve said, sighing loudly as he stalked over to the cigarette machine in the back, dropping a credit into the machine and slowly pushing the button labeled 'Sarlacc Reds'. Taking the pack of cigarettes, he headed back over to Eire, handing him the black pack of cigarettes, labeled 'Sarlacc Reds' with a small image of a Sarlacc directly below the text.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
"Ryker, hold my hand now."

Rawnie absolutely hated this world. Of all the placed to end up, Nar Shaddaa? But she'd gotten her shopping done. The only good thing about this place was that she could purchase what her clan needed for a good bit cheaper than most other places in the Galaxy. For now, her people would be stocked up on everything they needed to get through this winter. Now she just needed to meet up with Lorane. She pulled out her comm unit from one of her pouched at her hip and frowned. Great. She was getting absolutely no signal here. She wanted to tell him she was running late...

She sighed, and kept moving, hand in hand with her adopted son.

"I hope he doesn't get worried about us..."

Of course he would though. He always seemed worried about them. She put her comm away. She'd check back after a while to see if she could get a signal elsewhere. Then they could all go eat. Baby Galaar was hungry.

[member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Ryker Wyldemane"] [member="Eire Saf'Voak"]

[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"][member="Doctor Azure"]

Happily skipping beside his mother his hand holding tight to hers, Ryker couldn't help but smile as he watched all the passing species, Alot of which he'd never seen before. " Mama?? Whats this place called? It's got alot of people here.." His ample curiosity running wild as always, All the new creatures and the new species, The smells, the musics,......and let's not forget all the strange new foods. Since being adopted by Rawnie and Lor, Ryker had actually began to put on a little wait and was not the same puny ragamuffin he was on Tatooine.

He no longer wore the rags of old nor was his covered in dirt, On the contrary, He was cleaner than ever before. His old clothes now replaced by more suitable attire consisting of a pair of boots and cargo pants and a synthsilk tunic, whiched he'd had a special pocket sewn onto just for Toki.

Lor absently watched as the bleeding man bought a pack of cigarettes, sighing a bit... Wait, had he seen that guy before? He looked remarkably like somebody he'd seen on Commenor. Maybe Rawnie would recognize the person. All the Chiss really recalled was somebody shouting over the noise of repulsorlift engines.​
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member="Ryker Tal'verda"] [member="Eire Saf'Voak"]​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
"Nar Shaddaa," she answered with a tone of disgust in her voice, "I didn't want to have to bring you here, Ry'ika."

She sighed, shaking her head. No. She did not. This was an awful planet with awful people where awful things took place. But she didn't have the funds to be picky. She was still just barely scraping by, no matter how hard she seemed to work.

"Come on. And call me Buir," she gently corrected him, "It's more appropriate when we go home."

[member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Ryker Tal'verda"] [member="Eire Saf'Voak"]

Popping open the pack of cigarettes, he plucked a cigarette from the pack. Lighting the cigarette, he slumped down in his chair, slowly sipping his glass of brandy. Ignoring Steve, he examined everyone in the room. "Steve, I have an excellent idea. Well...I mean, who am I kidding? All of my ideas are excellent!" Before Steve could speak, Eire finished his glass of brandy, and quickly extinguished his cigarette in a nearby ash tray.

"Steve, head back to the ship. Get the replacement camera. Don't drop that one this time, dumbass!" He barked at Steve, who nodded, and with a sigh climbed out of his seat and walked out the door, blood still dripping from his nose.

Eire quickly shuffled over to [member="Doctor Azure"], an arrogant grin on Eire's face. "Excuse me, sir. Could you just say somethin' on camera real fast? We'll ask you some questions, you'll say something, act like you are upset, and all will be good! Yeah?" He asked, removing his circular, red lens sunglasses, Eire folded them up, sliding them into his suit.

[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

[member="Ryker Tal'verda"]

[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"][member="Doctor Azure"][member="Eire Saf'Voak"]

Whats that mean Rawnie.....a Buir? He asked curiously as they walked, He could sense that she was uncomfortable, And he hoped it wasn't because of him. The boots felt odd upon his feet but looking down at the street he was pretty sure he didn't want to be barefoot either, No matter how natural it felt to him. Are we gonna find Lor soon?

The man at the machine walked away, and then very quickly walked back past Lor to go out the door. He raised an eyebrow as the loud man came over with a chit-eating grin on his face. The Chiss took a deep breath to calm himself down a little bit. If he kept going on being as high-strung as he was right now, he'd punch the next person who looked at him.​
"I'm sorry... what? Are you from some reality show? Should I be looking for hidden cameras?"
The thought crossed Lor's mind that he could just flip his finger at the ceiling and probably annoy the hell out of whoever was behind whatever hidden cameras were there.​
[member="Eire Saf'Voak"] [member="Ryker Tal'verda"] [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
"Buir," she explained, "It's the word you would use for your mother or father on Mandalore."

Oh goodness. She had so much to teach him. The ways of her people were very different. In most places in the Galaxy, gender was a huge divide, but Mandalore was a society that expressed equality in all things. Men and women hunted, cooked, cleaned, raised children, fought, and led their clans equally. A woman Alor was nothing at all surprising. Even children, where most of the Galaxy treated them like lesser adults, were treated as valid people with valid opinions on Mandalore. She had a feeling Ryker would appreciate that.

"Don't worry. I will teach you my language so you understand what is being said around you. Everyone in my village also speaks basic too, so if in doubt, you can ask for something in basic. People will understand."

[member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Ryker Tal'verda"] [member="Eire Saf'Voak"]

[member="Doctor Azure"][member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

He thought that was an interesting word....Buir, So he decided to practice saying it as they walked through the crowds. He hoped they found Lor soon, He missed Big Blue. Okay Buir, I'll try to learn anything you teach me

Buir........Buir.......Buir......Buir.......Buir

The boy softly chiitered as he followed his mother with the same happy smile as always stretched across his tiny face. Just then he spotted a man passing them with blood running from his nose.... Ma.....Buir? Why is that man bleeding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom