Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sith Sword: Contemplation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130923031522/starwars/images/9/92/SithSwordForging-BoS.png
Intent: Weapon and Focus for Nezuel
Development Thread: If necessary (and guessing it will be)
Manufacturer: Nezuel
Model: Sith Sword
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: No
Production: Unique,
Material:
- Desh terenthium ---> Alchemized Desh Terenthium
- Terentatek leather over Terentatek bone hilt
- Ruby set within the pommel
Classification: Sword
Size: One-handed
Length: 80cm
Weight: 3kg
Special Features:

+ The Blade acts as a Darkside nexus, allowing Nezuel easier, more powerful, and quicker use of the force while using the blade to channel his power.

+ Can deflect lightsabers and blaser bolts without the need for the force to be applied directly to the blade.

+ Impervious and indestructible versus lightsaber and energy based attacks (such as blasters)

+ The blade acts as a lightning rod, drawing in lightning made by the force naturally and releasing it upon the next time it makes contact

- Since the blade has such a sinister dark side aura it makes stealth impossible for the weilder for those that can feel the force and even gives those who cannot uneasy feelings

- Since the blade is heaver than a normal blade, and a defiantly more so than a lightsaber, Thus it requires heavy practice to wield effectivly.

- Since a Sith Sword is not a lightsaber it is unable to cut though metals a lightsaber would normally be able to cut through or cut through materials a blade would be able to cut though with less effort.

Description: When the Sith Empire fell into ruin Nezuel, an upstart sith knight who had once or twice caught the current emperor's eye and failed to impress (or so he thought) went into hiding. Knowing the world of his origin best he decided to take up shelter in the tombs of the ancient sith lords upon Korriban, a world he considered his home world for a number of reasons. After establishing his power base upon the red planet and making sure he could survive he cut himself off from the outside world, intending to meditate and learn the knowledge he learned from the tombs he found.

During his time upon Korriban he decided that the style of fighting he had adhered to in the past had been against his primary strength, that was to say, the force. Having learned Sith Alchemy and Magic from sith lords within the empire while it had still stood he was able to translate and use several sith tomes that taught him more about the process of transforming base metals into Alchemical Alloy for the goal of creating a sword. He immediately set upon the mission of finding metals and ore to susses fully transmit into the alloy he would need from the sword. Once found and forged he began to draw upon the force within himself and the dark nexus of Korriban to form his sword with the hope that it would allow him to channel the force more effectively.

[member="Nezuel"]

Couple of notes:
  • For your length your sword weight makes this unusable in a one handed fashion. Increase length and make it two handed and extremely cumbersome, or decrease the weight to a reasonable equation
  • I'm going to ask you set ACTUAL metals, not just 'base' metals. The various properties a metal has are enhanced in alchemy, and durasteel is different than say other 'base' metals, even when alchemized.
  • What is the grip, guard, and pommel of the sword made out of? Is it leather for the grip? A specific animal/beast hide?
  • 'Nearly indesctructable' won't fly.. I need to see what it is resistant to, and how much so. Either in description or in plain bullet points. Vagueries like the aforementioned are too open to abuse and loop-holes.
  • The bit about a dark side aura making stealth impossible either needs to be clarified... Does it make the wielder unable to stealth, or those around him/his enemies?
  • 'Lightning' is not the same as 'sith lightning', a common mistake. Having it affect both, or electricity in general is standard on blades such as these, and so it wouldn't care what it affects, but be aware the limitations you place upon yourself.
  • Due to unique production, this sword would be just Personal in affiliation...

Fix the above notes and we'll work on formulating if/how much of a dev thread is needed

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

I've made a few changed to the materials and cleared up a few things.

The weight and materials I'm not so certain upon...I would need something to be found on kobbirban and I don't know that type of knowledge nor what basic abilities would be modified/enhanced by the sith alchemy.

For the weight I have no idea, I saw a sith blade twice as large that weight 3kgs so...ya, I dunno XD

[member="Nezuel"] - I'll do some research for you and provide you with links and resources to make determinants of your own choosing tomorrow on the parameters in question. I'm winding down for the night now. But to give you an idea, even poorly made, overly heavy, near unwieldable real swords tops at 5 lbs for a big two handed war sword. A one handed arming sword, and a shorter one at that (by the length you gave) would require almost a Master level of Force Strength to even wield slowly and clumsily. But i'll be happy to guide ya on it, just give me until tomorrow!

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

The one handed was meant so he could use one hand to use the force...though I suppose while fighting he could use two hands then switch between? How would two handing it be in terms of str and force str needed?

[member="Nezuel"] - There's not a sliding scale of numbers to quantify strength needed and hands needed for a sword. You can't just increase A to make B better, because one metric changing changes EVERYTHING else. Swords are very fiddly and finnicky.

Points to your edits
  • Please remove the reference to it being more powerful than a lightsaber... It's not... It just has different abilities.
  • Weight will need to be 5kg or under requiring a Master level force user with Force Strength as a focal power to wield effectively, otherwise the weapon will be cumbersome.
  • Take it down to 3-4kg and we could eliminate the need for Force Strength and just say you'd need to train extensively with it
  • I'll need to see a dev thread/post obtaining the Terentatek hide, even if it's a 1 post inclusion in the main dev thread where he kinda flash backs to killing or harvesting it
  • If you're implying the hilt is a big cylindrical slab of metal, that's ok, but be aware that will make for a terrible sword. It would be smarter, if you're getting terentatek hide, to take a bone from the beast and shape it for the hilt and then wrap the hide over the bone, much like a number of historical examples.
  • Titanium is a poor metal for a base, and your dev thread would want to include using the mineral svoltan rhylite (might be mispelling it, my Book of Sith is not to hand) to sharpen the edge and make it wickedly sharp. This will bump up your post count a bit for the dev thread (1-2 posts) but would make the alloy choice make sense, as titanium doesn't hold an edge well, and alchemy magnifies all things in metal, which would make me think it wouldn't fare much better alchemized.
  • Alternately, you can change titanium to desh terenthium (again, may be mispelling) and alchemize it. The sword will be feather light and hella strong, knocking out two birds with one stone.
  • You keep saying 'Alchemical Alloy' like Sith Alchemy transmutes any metal to the same thing... It doesn't, not even in the slightest. Not even Victorian Era alchemy believed in such things, which Sith Alchemy is VERY loosely based on. Sith Alchemy enhances each separate metal. Titanium becomes alchemized titanium, stronger in all ways, but retaining the same things about it from the beginning. Think of it like a bar graph where every bar is a different height, alchemy doesn't make Metal A and Metal B into Metal C, it makes them into A-2 and B-2, heightened versions of the same metal, just stronger in all ways. It sorta pumps up the volume ;)
Take these notes into account, edit accordingly, and we'll take next steps based on your edits.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

-don't know why I said it was more powerful...meant to say it was heavier than a lightsaber o_O
-weight changed to 3kgs
-Dev thread will be done, collecting materials and killing the Terentatek for the hide and bone...unless the bone would be good for the entire blade...which would be cool to make the entire thing out of.

[member="Nezuel"] - If you want bone, 15 post dev thread. Without/as titanium, 10 posts.

I only do the large discrepancy as bone is a shoddy material usually, and brittle, but I'm going to allow it based on (assumed) quality of the thread and the amount of thought and work you're already putting into this. Plus I would assume a creature created of sith alchemy/sorcery type stuff will likely be tougher than your average bear, and to further alchemically enhance it would make a suitable sword.

Let me know which material you chose before the dev thread, and then when the dev thread is complete please link it back here in your original submission and @mention me in a comment.

Good luck.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

I am currently weighing my options..I plan to make a robe as well that involves sith alchemy, is it possible to meld the two dev threads into one, say, 20 post thread? I would assume it depends on the robe and I have some questions about it that I will be putting up momentarily. Would I just link the two together within the dev thread if possible?

Nezuel said:
[member="Ijaat Akun"]

I am currently weighing my options..I plan to make a robe as well that involves sith alchemy, is it possible to meld the two dev threads into one, say, 20 post thread? I would assume it depends on the robe and I have some questions about it that I will be putting up momentarily. Would I just link the two together within the dev thread if possible?
As the FJ for this original submission I am going to say no to melding of dev threads. One thread, one item please.

Are you doing this sword or putting it on hold or not pursuing it? If you are holding on it or not pursuing it is is considered WIP and not allowed on active factory floor.

[member="Ijaat Akun"]

You can move it..I'm taling to a guy to see if he'll join the Dev thread with me and I don't know if he will reply by then...I assume that I can mold the two together into one longer Dev thread and will app both at the same time, the armor and the sword.

Nezuel said:
[member="Ijaat Akun"]

You can move it..I'm taling to a guy to see if he'll join the Dev thread with me and I don't know if he will reply by then...I assume that I can mold the two together into one longer Dev thread and will app both at the same time, the armor and the sword.
The sword has already been subbed, and is under review. You will *need* two seperate dev threads, sorry.

[member="Nezuel"] - The submission will be archived until the dev thread for it is completed. Please do not attempt to create a longer dev thread than two submissions or I will assure you it will not be approved. 1 sub, 1 thread. When the dev thread for this item alone is completed please contact an RPJ or Admin to have it moved from the Archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom