Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sith Holocron - “Saevitia Fictus, de Multis”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ib585N9.png

drakhen__s_holocron_by_magyareagle.jpg

Image Source: Deviant Art - MagyarEagle
Intent: To create a Holocron with knowledge of all forms of lightsaber combat, to be used gradually to develop self development of skills for Ebon.
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Unknown Sith of Old
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Sith Order
Modularity: N/A
Production: Production: Unique
Material:
  • Adegan Crystal Matrix
  • Carbon Steel Structure
  • Gold Accent
  • Blackwing Crystal Capstone
  • Internal Components
Description:

To begin, the device acts a tutor for would be Sith Acolytes seeking knowledge in the numerous forms of Jedi combat. Branching from simple Form I, Shii-Cho, to Form VII, Juyo (not including Vapaad), the holocron in question teaches each of these using the Gatekeeper kept within it's gold and ebony body. While it may be a tool of extreme knowledge, it also suffers in what the gatekeeper teaches, as no true mastery could come of just the teachings of a hologram alone.

Indepth and masterful, the knowledge bestowed upon it's users requires dedication and practice to understand. Even with the entire focus of it's pupil, the rudimentary and linear lessons allow for little knowledge outside a strong understanding in the foundations of each of the forms. The holocron itself is meant to have users follow up their learning with other Sith trained in the arts, and is meant as a way to accelerate teachings of hands on masters, as the holocron lacks personality and definition to what it teaches.

Beginning with Shii-Cho, the wonderfully pieced together holocron begins with the simplest of forms. It's long sweeping strikes, and dedication to disarmament and basic defense make it an under appreciated art, while in the right hand it proves to be a powerful weapon. The Way of the Sarlacc remains the most ancient of the techniques, and just as the Jedi teach it to their padawans first, so too does the holocron, choosing a short tutorial and timestamp to those who seek it's internal knowledge. Once the holocron's gatekeeper sees a valid and credible understanding of this first lesson, it begins it's journey into the numerous other forms.

From here, the choices are up to the disciple, but for the sake of explanation I shall move chronologically through the forms. Secondly, Makashi, or The Way of the Ysalamiri, is taught to the pupil through long and strenous lessons in footwork and balance. The focus on dueling in this form makes the lessons longer, more precises, and focused on advanced technique used during all forms of combat, yet it finds it's gratification in understanding Makashi as a warrior, and an artist. Should the one handed fighting style prove to be understandable by the pupil, the device would move on to further lessons.

Once more, the device begins it's new lesson with a subtle review of what it's already taught, bringing back what lessons it divulged in great detail before offering yet another form to the user. Form III, The Way of the Mynock, or Soresu, was the definitive form to defend against blaster fire, and just as this is understood by any practitioner of the form, so too is it understood by the Sith Battlemaster now turned Gatekeeper. The knowledge shared on Soresu is simple, and displays it as a tool, in stark contrast to the philosophical take Jedi's have overlapped to the form. Non-aggressive and calm, the form could still find ferocity in it's user, and how it was taught, and came to teach it's users with a very detailed understanding of predicting their opponents moves and extra sensory understanding of their surroundings.

When Soresu was finally understood indepth, the Gatekeeper moved onto one of the most aggressive forms, Ataru. Form IV, or WAy of the Hawk-Bat, stands on it's own in a magnificent splendor of acrobatic agility, matched only in it's aggression by Juyo. Although dependent on a users endurance and speed, the wild rush of attacks was a perfect show of force by many a sith, and with it became one of the most in depth lessons in the Holocron, yet the downsides explained exponentially. The short burst of energy, the openness to attack from others, and the very fabric of little defense all became staple points with it's aggression and magnificent deadly strikes. When the Gatekeeper became sure of the pupils understanding of both the good and bad of this form, it moved on once more to the next.

Form V, or Shien was The Way of the Krayt Dragon, and developed out of Form III. It utilized quick and precise defensive motions to create a seemingly more offensive fighting style, using the pupils natural strength as a means to dominate their opponent. While the Gatekeeper explains this form, he obviously held a certain love for it's style and ferocity, as the old man in the hologram continued to smile as he taught it. While the form is taught heavily on blaster deflection and countering blade strikes, it too becomes as much a staple point in combat as any of the other numerous forms in the Holocron would teach.

As the pupil furthered their training through the other five forms, the holocron began to open up the depths of it's knowledge, first with Niman. Form VI, or The Way of the Rancor, is the synthesis of elements from the five previous forms before it. Although not taught heavily by the holocron instructor, it is touched upon in numerous ways, a fundamental understanding being open to its user. Niman found it's power in combining lightsaber techniques with powerful force moves channeled into the fray of combat. More commonly used for crowd control and dual lightsaber enthusiasts, the form itself is seemingly glanced over from the Holocron's instructor.

Finally, the Holocron would light up to the final form it taught. The culmination of all the forms before it, lay before it Juyo, Form VII, and the Way of the Vornskr. This final form was what the true intended goal of the holocron seemed to be, using the Sith's passion and love for battle as it's final tool in combating another lightsaber wielder. Although the most difficult of the forms, the Gatekeeper explains them beautifully, but only after a strong understanding in all other forms was accomplished by the pupil that sought this information. Chaotic, furious, and unpredictable moves laid riddled in the move list taught, and each of them were meant to catch their opponent off guard in any realistic way. Realistically, using the emotions of battle as the fuel for the fight, a practitioner of this form could fight indefinably, only held out by the skill of his opponent, and the endurance in his body.

When all these lessons were finalized, the holocron would shut off once more, and await it's next pupil to open it. The knowledge inside awaiting the next would-be Sith Lord to take what it teaches, and use it for their own selfish desires, and in this the holocron found purpose. To enact a subtle revenge on all those of the universe to let it's creator be forgot, forever subjugated to the sands of time.

Primary Source:[SIZE=12.2222px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.2222px]Unsure what would be needed here, as it was a sole creation of my own design. Please inform me if I need to fix something.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.2222px]Another note; This is my first submission to the factory, and as such I ask for some lenience in responses. If I have made a mistake, or assumed too much, please inform! It's my job as a new player to learn the systems, and although I've put a lot of time into researching and asking questions on how to submit to the factory, I'm still gravely unsure of myself in doing so. Thank you all, ahead of time. :)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12.2222px]I'll expand and change anything you wish me too![/SIZE]

Ebon said:
Contents:

Lightsaber Forms│
  • I - Shii-Cho: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
    Disarming Slash: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Sarlacc Sweep: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |

[*]II - Makashi: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Contentious Opportunity: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Makashi Riposte: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |

[*]III - Soresu: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Circle of Shelter: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Defelecting Slash: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |

[*]IV - Ataru: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Hawk-Bat Swoop: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Saber swarm: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |

[*]V - Shien: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Barrier of Blades: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Falling Avalanche: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Fluid Riposte: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Shien Deflection: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |

[*]VI - Niman: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Draw Closer: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Pushing Slash: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |

[*]VII - Juyo: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Assured Strike: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Vornskr's ferocity: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Swift Flank: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
  • Tempered Aggression: | | | | | | | | | | | | - |
The factory does not operate on stats and such, please remove this. You can explain that it has information on all seven forms, and you can go more indepth into what information it may pertain to, but nothing which revolves stats and percentages like the quoted chart.

Ebon said:
Development Thread: Deorum Lamina - Discovery
A small formality, but a development thread must have 10 posts to qualify as one, and as this isn't a personal holocron (of your character's) it will need to meet that requirement. Right now your thread only has 1, though I am sure you can split it up into multiple posts and come up with ten just from the original post alone, if not with a small addition when needed.

Ebon said:
Manufacturer: Unknown Sith of Old (Non Canon Sith Lord)
Your thread has the guardian of the holocron state it is "Darth Voraktis". The name of the NPC you are using should be the manufacturer, please change what you have listed to the name of the Sith that made this. (And no need to include Non-Canon and such things, the board runs on its own canon timeline, so any NPCs you make are board-canon.)

[member="Braith Achlys"]

I updated the description, replacing what it taught with more verbal forms of description. I also spread apart the forum post describing it, and ended up with 20 (what I believe to be) quality posts. Also, to explain, the Darth Voraktis character is actually the creator and Gatekeeper of the other holocron in the developmental thread, something I meant to post later today (assuming I can use the same Development Thread for two items.)

Thank you for the advice, might I say. It's extremely helpful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom