Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Siren Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
mass_effect_3_n7_fury_v2__2012__by_redliner91-d5itd9c.png

Image Source: Mass Effect
Intent: To provide Token Waters with a unique armor built from songsteel
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/60988-a-little-bit-of-riddim/
Manufacturer: Primeval Armorsmiths, Token Waters
Model: Siren Armor
Affiliation: Token Waters
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Songsteel (The most emo of the metals) armorweave body glove, armorplast around the joints
Classification: Multipurpose armor
Weight: 7kg
Quality:
Songsteel
  • 7 For Lightsabers/Blasters
  • 6 for Ballistics
  • 5 for Melee
Armorweave Body Glove
  • 5 for Ballistics
  • 6 for Melee
  • 4 for Lightsaber
Armorplast at joints
  • 4 for Ballistics
  • 4 for Melee
  • 4 for Lightsaber

Special Features:
  • Songsteel armor
  • Modified Scout Trooper Helmet (Updated for the current era)
  • Power Armor-Liner
  • Temperature Regulator
  • Internal Air Supply (60 Minutes)
  • Hermetically Sealed
  • Thermal Gel
  • Self-Resealing Foam
  • IFF Circuitry
  • Digital Life Support System Readout
  • Energy Sink
  • Electromagnetic Sole-Plates
  • Combat De-Ionizer
Description:
[SIZE=9pt]The personal armor for Token Waters is relatively simple in comparison to say, a Mandalorian or the armor used by the Obsidian Order. Simple and to the point, the armor is made of multiple songsteel plates that are attached to the armorweave body glove, and are arranged and layered in such a way that running and her use of Shii-Cho does not become encumbered. However, on movements in the form that leave her over extended, it does open leave her exposed to shrapnel or [/SIZE]precision[SIZE=9pt] strikes that may pass the plates and hit the underlay of her armor. An underlay of an armorweave body glove with armorplast filling in the obvious gaps at the joints, fills the remainder of the armor. Beyond the obvious forms of protection, the armor is able to be sealed water tight and used as a dry-suit for use in aquatic environments. This is due to the combination of thermal gel and resealant foam, allowing for an air tight seal as well as providing blaster and slugthrower protection, and resealing punctures when the armor is pierced. The addition of power-armor lining also provides resistance to kinetic and energy weapons as well as heat, cold, corrosive and poison attacks.[/SIZE]

The helmet is modified from the standard scout trooper armor created by Santhe. The faceplate was removed and modified, the visor provides IR and UV vision modes. It has a voice modulator and a commlink system. On top of that, the helmet will seal tight to allow for underwater breathing. As she is using tanks for the forseeable future, without swapping this for either gills or a breather, the armor allows for Token to have 60 minutes of bottom time, depending on depth.

Its a super suit. That scubas. But its not the super suit. Bottom time is still enforced, and should a slug pierce the armor, the resealant demands the armor be removed to affect any form of battlefront triage. Add the armor to Token's petite size, and she will be hardly unstoppable, but she will feel it.

No capes.

Primary Source: Assistance from one [member="Draco Vereen"] for his list of Special features, and being a stand up guy who is awesome.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Token Waters"]

Songsteel armor?

Neat. I don't think I've seen one of those come through the factory since I've been involved with SW: Chaos.

For starters, I'm going to need you to expand the quality rating of the submission to cover blaster, slugthrower, lightsaber, and melee attacks individually.
And I'm going to need separate defensive statistics for the songsteel armor plating, armorplast sections, and for the armorweave underlay.

The manner in which you do this is up to you, but here are a few examples.
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/58243-alec-rekalis-armor/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/60161-tarycs-beskar-armor/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/56496-obsidian-armor-jennifer-blanchard-edition/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/61104-sekairo-reaper-armor-mk-1/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/61122-white-wolf-omega-armor/

Token Waters said:
[SIZE=14.6666666666667px]Material: [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6666666666667px]Songsteel (The most emo of the metals) armorweave body glove, armorplast around the joints[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6666666666667px]Classification:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6666666666667px] Multipurpose armor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6666666666667px]Weight[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6666666666667px]: 7kg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6666666666667px]Quality:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6666666666667px] 9?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6666666666667px]Description:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6666666666667px]The personal armor for Token Waters is relatively simple in comparison to say, a Mandalorian or the armor used by the Obsidian Order. Her armor is much more reminiscent of heavier armor one would find among the witches of Dathomir. Simple and to the point, the armor is made of songsteel, giving her a lightweight armor that fits on her figure and is lightsaber and blaster resistant. And underlay of an armorweave body glove with armorplast on the joints fills the remainder of the armor. Beyond the obvious, the armor is able to be sealed water tight and used as a dry-suit for use in aquatic environments. This is due to the combination of thermal gel and resealant foam, allowing for an air tight seal as well as providing blaster and slugthrower protection, and resealing punctures when the armor is pierced. The addition of power-armor lining also provides resistence to kinetic and energy weapons as well as heat, cold, corrosive and poison attacks.[/SIZE]

I'm sorry, but I think I'm a little confused here. Between the image and the description, I'm having a hard time understanding just how much songsteel is worked into the armor, where the songsteel is located, and how it is put together... This is a very "form fitting" design, from what I can tell, which wouldn't leave much room for ridged, unbending songsteel plating.

Can you please elaborate where the songsteel plating is located on the body/suit and how the "form fitting/flexible" nature of the design/image is made possible?

Updated.
[member="War Hydra"]

The songsteel armor is made of plates with armormesh to fill in the gaps. Its not the most intelligent design, but the muse is picky on how she wants to /look/ on the battlefield. If you have any suggestions on how to make that more clear, I'd appreciate the help.

[member="Token Waters"]

Token Waters said:
Special Features:
  • Songsteel armor
  • Modified Scout Trooper Helmet (Updated for the current era)
  • Power Armor-Liner
  • Temperature Regulator
  • Internal Air Supply (60 Minutes)
  • Hermetically Sealed
  • Thermal Gel
  • Self-Resealing Foam
  • IFF Circuitry
  • Digital Life Support System Readout
  • Energy Sink
  • Electromagnetic Sole-Plates
  • Combat De-Ionizer
This appears to be copy/pasted from one of the armor submissions made by Draco.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/59172-acs-004-olympian-battle-armor/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/59291-acs-004-immortal-battle-armor/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/59514-acs-000-adjudicator-battle-armor/

Plagiarism of another writer's work is not acceptable. However, I have been informed that Draco assisted you in the design of this armor.

I'm going to have to ask you to properly cite Draco's work as the source of that list.

Token Waters said:
Material: Songsteel (The most emo of the metals) armorweave body glove, armorplast around the joints
Classification: Multipurpose armor
Weight: 7kg
Quality:
Songsteel
  • 9 For Lightsabers/Blasters
  • 6 for Ballistics
  • 5 for Melee
Armorweave Body Glove
  • 7 for Ballistics
  • 6 for Melee
  • 5 for Lightsaber
Armorplast at joints
  • 6 for Ballistics
  • 6 for Melee
  • 6 for Lightsaber
Alright, due to the weight I'm seeing here and the general design of the armor (being skin tight and all), and due to the nature of Songsteel being lightsaber resistant but not having any other special properties beyond making a rather unique sound when struck... I'm going to have to ask for a massive reduction in armor rating. Songsteel is lightsaber and blaster resistant, but is nothing special in terms of ballistics and melee defense.

You're aiming for the kind of protection provided by bulky Phrik or Beskar armor, but with a light, skin tight suit of songsteel.
And, sadly, songsteel doesn't have the same durability as Phrik or Beskar. It can go up against a lightsaber, but it's not overly durable.

The highest lightsaber resistance I could see the Songsteel having (with "skin tight" armor this light) is 7.
Also, the armorweave needs to to be dropped to a 4 for lightsaber resistance and 5 for Ballistics.
And the armorplast... Is a ceramic armor plating. I'm going to need it reduced to quality 4 across the board.

Token Waters said:
Updated.
[member="War Hydra"]

The songsteel armor is made of plates with armormesh to fill in the gaps. Its not the most intelligent design, but the muse is picky on how she wants to /look/ on the battlefield. If you have any suggestions on how to make that more clear, I'd appreciate the help.
The only thing that comes to mind is "Loose bands of Songsteel plating shaped to conform to the curvature of Token's body are placed atop a tight armorweave bodysuit. These bands are free floating from one another and are connected only by the armorweave cloth."

Tried to clarify the plate-attached-to-underlayer deal
Changed my numbers a bit
Thanked Draco cuz he's a rock star.

How are we looking now?
First unique armor without building off someone else's template so this is a learning experiment for me.

[member="War Hydra"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom