Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple Little Things

[SIZE=12pt]Arla was on the trail of slaver the trail had led her to Nar Kreeta a well-known hub of trade. She was sitting quietly at the back of the cantina watching the door with deep green eyes, on her lap lay her pistol just in case.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She had some time to spend until she could move about and in here where there were no prying eyes, not loud noises, and clientele was sparse she found comfort in the low lit room. She was lost in her own thoughts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Should a person be forgiven for mistakes made in the past? [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]She mused to herself. A small polite cough interrupted her musings. She tried not to sigh loudly. Slowly she brought her thoughts back to the here and now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It was a scarred man his eyes dark almost soulless. He smiled at her toothless, his skin showed the weather worn look that happened when one spent too much time under unforgiving sunlight. “Can I help you?” Arla breathed almost certain of what the next question would be, “how much?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Arla smiled, she tried not to show an obvious distaste she had fended off a few men since sitting down here. She was in her late twenties now, her body was taught, toned from the number of skirmishes, invasions, and dominions she had taken part in. Her full lips, bright green eyes, and long flowing red hair seemed to garner attention from the opposite sex.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I’m not interested, and I’m not that kind of girl, but thanks” The old man looked disappointed but he did move away and Arla picked up her drink and took another sip.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No wonder the slavers are making money out here[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The door opened again Arla hoped it wasn’t another lonely male looking for a nights pleasure. Didn’t they notice the armor??[/SIZE]

[member="Edward Frisby"]​

Edward Frisby

"I don't care, if you scream and burn..."
[member="Arla Balor"]

Edward Frisby squeezed past a Ithorian fellow that was just leaving, pivoting to avoid its massive mouth. Quite rude of him, Frisby thought to himself, but of course Nar Kreeta isn't exactly the place one comes to expecting manners. Per usual, Frisby had come seeking his all-encompassing pursuit; Money. Well, and fame. On second thought maybe a speeder would look good on that list...

Frisby's thoughts were interrupted by his helmet static, a common problem he ran into while carousing bars. Apparently many cantinas had something against droids, Frisby didn't pretend to know why, but some had tech in place to ward them away. Unfortunately, this meant that anyone wearing a helmet with certain tech would encounter some difficulty. But honestly; What sane person would be in a cantina with his helmet on?

Edward tapped the side of his helmet, making a ""Fwuum" sound echo into his ear, but stopping the static a bit. He looked around. The clientele was what one would expect on a world such as Nar Kreeta. People dressed head to toe in robes to ward off sand, spacers past their prime with their belts struggling to keep their girths in check, and some undesirables that looked as if they had fungus growing off of their body.

Then there was her.

She was a Mandalorian by the looks of her, (Of course, the same could be said about Frisby even though he had little ties to the clans) had red hair, and a purple colored suit of armor. He paused in thought for a moment. Talk with a female Mandalorian or spark up conversation with patrons that have mold growing in their "Crevasse"?

"Edwaaaard Friiiiisby," he said to her, having crossed the cantina with near inhuman speed, "At your service."

[SIZE=12pt]Arla looked up at the man standing before her. Her eyes swept over him from head to foot to check for weapons and any other hidden items she could catch with a glimpse.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Arla Balor” she replied being polite since he had given his name she would give hers, “Care to sit down Mr. Frisby?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Now was Mr. Frisby looking for company, time to pass, or something else that would come out in the course of conversation. Her armor would give her away if the men bothered to look she was a Mandalorian.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Care for a drink?” she could be hospitable there was no reason yet not to be. She gave him a little smile.[/SIZE]

[member="Edward Frisby"]

Edward Frisby

[member="Arla Balor"]

"Ah, I don't touch spirits," he said with a dismissive wave of his hand, "water's more suited for someone of my blood." In his early days as muscle for the Cartel, Frisby had actually been a hearty drinker. But now, he was loopy enough without alcohol in his system. Besides, no drink or drug could compare to the "trip" he was on every day.

He sat down and laid his crossed arms on the table, cocking his head to the side and saying, "What brings a clanswoman to this veritable burrow in the wastes?" He didn't know for sure if she was a Mando'ade or just had the armor, but it was a safe bet she wouldn't be offended if the latter was true.

[member="Edward Frisby"]​

[SIZE=12pt]“Water then” Arla nodded over towards the bar within a few moments a glass of water arrived at the table. Arla however kept her ale. Did she know anyone that drank water? Well that would turn down ale for water, maybe one she smiled Naimes was not a big drinker either.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She smiled, “Work” She didn’t say much more than that, she having just met him and not knowing his nature, “Having spent so much time on Tatooine I don’t mind wastelands too much” She raised her glass to him, “new friends”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She took a long draw, “What brings you out this way, work as well?”[/SIZE]

Edward Frisby

[member="Arla Balor"]

"Oh," He said, holding the glass that the waiter had brought, "Work. Been livin' under my helmet for too long." More accurately, he was here to kill a port official which was demanding extra money from ships landing and pocketing the difference. But Frisby wasn't exactly willing to part with that information just yet, as a lot of Mandalorians were bounty hunters and, "competition" in his book.

He paused for a moment, realizing he had yet to take his helmet off. He chuckled quietly to himself and removed it, setting it on the table. He looked as if he had been wearing his helmet for years on end. His hair was a jumbled mot of hair and dandruff that looked as if it'd seen better days. His beard however, strangely enough, was neatly combed and well trimmed.

"Perhaps you have heard of me?" he said, scratching his head at an angle so the dandruff flakes wouldn't land in his drink.

[SIZE=12pt]Oh ok. So that is what he looks like she giggled and did not know why. Dandruff well they make shampoo for that ner Vod she thought, moving her drink to make sure nothing landed in her glass as she kept smiling.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Living under your helmet, sounds like you’ve had it a bit rough. Have you tried coming home to Yaim to find some peace and maybe a place to hang that helmet?” [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]All of her brothers and sisters who were not dar’manda were welcome to come back home, if Frisby hadn’t maybe he was not able to.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“I can’t say that I have, should I have?” [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]She knew that sometimes she just ignored or was completely oblivious to such things. That was not a bad thing, was it?[/SIZE]

[member="Edward Frisby"]

Edward Frisby

[member="Arla Balor"]

Frisby smiled, albeit uncomfortably. He didn't exactly have a home, or anything of that manner. Whether or not he preferred such life was a mystery even to himself. During his time in the Cartel he didn't care too much about housing, but then again, he owned a decent country villa back. But when the madness set in, he lost it all. But did he care? Or more accurately, did he know how to care anymore?

"Unfortunately, it seems like the only place this helm's going to be hung," he said, gesturing towards his helmet, "Is on some Hutt's trophy wall. With... what was it in Mando'a... Solus? Solus handsome head in it." He'd given a defensive answer, one that misdirected her, and perhaps himself from the topic.

"Ah, I shall enlighten you my dear, I am the Lord of The Bounty Board, the Survivor of the Nexus, and the-" he paused, deciding that adding his typical 'Seducer of Women' title to the end might not be a healthy choice, "-King of Modesty."

[SIZE=12pt]“King of Modesty, and your mandalorian” she couldn’t help but laugh, “are you full blooded mandalorian or just a portion?” She smiled broadly as she took another draw from her glass.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She shook her head, “None of my Vod at home are modest, feth some of them are so full of themselves we have to open two doors to get their heads through” Edward had made her laugh and it felt good.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]But it was too bad about his not having a home, “Well you will be remembered if your buy’ce is hanging on a Hutt’s wall as a trophy for someone will always ask, who was that” She said with a flair.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Some gazes turned their way but Arla didn’t care she had moved passed caring about this kind of reception a long time ago.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You should consider coming home though, all mandalorians belong together supporting each other. The Mand’alor would welcome a seasoned warrior” She raised her glass again.[/SIZE]

[member="Edward Frisby"]

Edward Frisby

[member="Arla Balor"]

"The knowledge of that went with this... miss?" he replied, pointing to his eye patch. He didn't exactly want to be talking to a married Mandalorian as that too was considerably unsafe. Though unlike most times Frisby decided to converse with the fairer sex, this time it was motivated by honorable intentions. Mostly. He was human after all.

"And female passerby's marveling at my handsomeness and regretting the lack of more then my is too a small consolation." He smiled, though the expression was obscured by his beard. This was getting to be a most diverting conversation. Not only was this Arla woman understanding of his peculiarities, she also was speaking of the Mandalorians, and while Frisby considered himself not altogether Mandalorian, he did enjoy talk of them.

But then she had to mention joining the Mandalorians.

Edward fidgeted uncomfortably. It wasn't exactly that he had anything against them, it was more that, well, he didn't exactly know. He just didn't exactly feel comfortable among them anymore. He was out of place, without a clan, a lone wolf. At least that was the best explanations he could come up with.

"Um... I'm... I'm not, well, wasn't exactly that kind of Mandalorian. More of the... thuggish type. Not exactly one to do work for the good ol' prospect of the Manda." he said somewhat sorrowfully. "But if the Mand'alor's not to stingy, then I'd be more then happy to help. In some ways. Sort of."

[SIZE=12pt]She wasn’t sure she could convince him especially since it seemed that he did not want to go. Narrowing her eyes at him she then glanced at his eye patch. Taking a deep breath she straightened her spine.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“A lot of the women I’ve noticed seem to like a man who shows some damage, scars and such it...” Arla rolled her eyes this time, “makes them think they are flirting with danger”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“There are clans that are always looking for people to adopt, and many have started their own clans, and we are surviving. It’s what we do as a people” She smiled[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Perhaps you should think about stopping by and talking to our Field Marshals and our Mand’alor you never know.” She tipped her glass up again, setting it down signaling for another, “besides sometimes work comes a little easier when you show your mandalorian side” She didn’t know if he was really mandalorian or if he was one of those wannabees but if he wanted to help fight the Sith, he should consider aligning with them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“We have a clan where their clan leader has a mating stick, I bet she could find you a mate if you wanted” She teased him now see how he reacted to that.[/SIZE]

[member="Edward Frisby"]

Edward Frisby

[member="Arla Balor"]

Frisby nodded while pointing his index upward. "Excellent point, madam." He said with a grin on his face. Danger, he thought, would make an excellent pseudonym for himself, he thought. Though most likely aptly followed by his own name. Danger Frisby, nah, scratch that, didn't sound right come to think of it. Invincible? Omnipotent? Omnipotent Frisby? Frisby the Omnipotent maybe?

So absorbed in his own thoughts, Edward almost didn't realize that she was speaking. Ah, but again, Miss Balor was 'recruiting.' he wasn't exactly truthful when he said he might help the Mandalorians on a more permanent basis. And even then, he was meaning more on a "fringe" basis. Not clans or the like, just helping out when the money was right. Though if they were as friendly as this woman, then perhaps it wasn't as bad as he thought. Come to think of it, she was being being... overly friendly. Was her intention-

Mating stick?

Frisby sat stunned for a moment, his mouth hanging open in a quizzical fashion. Mating... stick. She was either teasing him, or the Mandalorians got weird slash interesting in his absence. He suspected the former, but was fine with humoring her in this.

"Mating stick..." he said after a long while, nodding his head as if pondering the prospect. He finally said, with a wide grin on his face "Keep talking."

[SIZE=12pt]“Well” she wasn’t sure how to take his interest should she ask [member="Basaba Willamina"] to meet with Mr. Frisby, “they crafted it to give off zeltron pheromones, so you know makes it a lot easier to ..” Arla got a little red, “mate”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She shifted slightly, “And since mandalorian vows can be done at the drop of a hat, there’s no waiting” She laughed again, her tension drifting away, “I can introduce you to the clan leader if you want” Now that would be interesting wouldn’t it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]But if it was something he was interested in, she was more than happy to help.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Would you like to meet Basaba?” Arla smiled brightly.[/SIZE]

[member="Edward Frisby"]

Edward Frisby

[member="Arla Balor"]

Frisby lifted an eyebrow quizzically, holding the position before laughing heartily. "If only all Mandalorians were like you," he said amidst his guffaws. He still wasn't exactly sure if she was serious or not, so his response was somewhat tactfully vague. Still, the conversation wasn't the most awkward Frisby had been in, in fact the novelty of the situation was that the "awkwardness" wasn't coming from himself.

Though the conversation was drifting towards a topic which even unnerved Edward; marriage. What was she getting at with all this talk of mating sticks and matrimony? Was this some kind of Mandalorian come on? Or was Frisby overestimating his own attractiveness, as usual?

"I would be fine with meeting this... Basaba was it? As long as the mating sticks kept away from me, I don't think this heart of mine can take it," he finished with a thump to his chest plate.

[member="Edward Frisby"]

"You'd be surprised how many mandalorians are ...well like me" She smiled the hint of pink still on her cheeks, "But I can arrange a meeting with Basaba, she might even be somewhere near here." She wasn't sure how Edward Frisby was taking this all in.

She was serious, if he wanted a mate there were plenty of women out there, and if he wanted a mandalorian woman, well, that could probably be arranged to. Arla was no match maker, but Basaba had a clan of women who were in need of..well...mates.

"Are you serious about this?" She asked, needling to clarify what his thoughts were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom