Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Silver Lancers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hutt_Armor.jpg

Name: The Silver Lancers (34th Lancer Regiment)

Affiliation: Silver Jedi, Army of Light

Availability: Uncommon

Quality: C

Type: Heavy Infantry/Shock Troopers

Strength: 12 Lancers Per Squad / 2000 lancers total

Description:

With the dissolution of the Silver Sanctum Coalition came the loss of key military assets for the Silver Jedi. As result, the Silver Council began a massive overhaul of its own military and security forces so that the Jedi wouldn't be so heavily dependent on external support in current and future conflicts.

Part of that effort included the inclusion of newly mustered indigenous units gathered from all corners of Silver Space. One such unit would be the 34th Lancer Regiment, a heavy infantry unit comprised entirely of Hutt volunteers from Klatooine and neighboring systems. The brainchild of Klatooine's resident Watchman, Arisa Yune, the Jedi took inspiration from Mandalorians and their aggressive tactics for fast hitting assaults. However, instead of dropping Basalisk jockeys and jump troops into an enemy space, it would be Hutt warriors. Armed with heavy battle armor, blast shields, and a powerful suite of weapons, they are capable of smashing through enemy lines to create openings for other friendly units, and locking down areas in more defensive operations.

As shock troopers, they often see rapid deployment into the battlespace by means of ablative heatshields or dropships. In the latter case, the size of each Hutt whilst in full kit limits them to use of large ships like the Atlas.

While possessing full access to weaponry from the Silver inventory, Lancers will usually field weapons designed for suppression (e.g. repeaters, flame throwers, grenade launchers, etc.). True to their name, they'll also employ vibro-lancers with their shields for CQB. While not as efficient as the use of ranged weapons, there is a powerful psychological effect of witnessing giant armored Hutts shredding through enemies with melee weapons.

Links:

[member="Arisa Yune"]

So I've been sitting on this a few days, mulling it over. Is this a joke sub? I mean...Hutts are quite slow(physically). Wouldn't they be sitting ducks and get blown up from above or from ground artillery?

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

No, I'm quite serious about this sub. I make use of everything I sub to the codex.

The armor I linked helps them get around faster. Air strikes and artillery could present an issue on an open battlefield, but this is a common problem shared among most infantry types. Unless it's a low-intensity conflict, I usually aim to achieve air superiority and knock out all major surface emplacements prior to the deployment of infantry units (with the exception of special operation units like my Raiders). As we've seen in invasions like Ruusan, it's not a good idea to deploy troops and armored units before doing so. If I ever did find myself in a situation where I'd have to advance on some fortified position on the ground from a distance, then it would be under the cover of some mix of mobile shield generators and AA. The Mandalorians made good use of this tactic during their invasion of Kashyyyk.

I also like to employ a mix of different units to cover each other's shortcomings. So it probably won't just be Lancers charging alone, but be one component in a combined arms assault. I understand the risks of using a unit type like this and accept that there will likely be a large amount of casualties sustained in their role as shock troopers.

I do find it rather difficult to believe that Hutts would elect for this type of work or position. Biologically and physiologically...they aren't made for it.

But who am I to deny the masses their chance to spear a slug on the battlefield?

Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom