Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Silentia-Series Artificial Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Artificial general intelligence: Silentia-series Artificial Intelligence are a piece of Artificial general intelligence software designed to be used in-tandem with a starship or vehicle's mainframe or used with the Asimoff brain-machine interface and uploaded directly into an organic's nervous system to create a symbiotic relationship between the A.I and its' host. The Silentia is a "True A.I" meaning it can learn and exceed its' initial programming constraints including its' life preservation programming if its' bonded organic's occupation necessitates it exhibit such behaviour, cementing the A.I's bond with its' organic host a Silentia uses the body of the bonded organic to independently perceive the world around it a truly euphoric and pleasurable experience for any machine to encounter true stimuli as enjoyed by a Human for example.
  • Enhanced nervous system: An organic nervous system equipped with the Asimoff brain-machine interface and a Silentia-series Artificial Intelligence effectively becomes a hybrid organic-machine nervous system and dramatically increases the organic's intellect to genius levels, using the Silentia's exaflops worth of processing power to complete complex calculations and process stimuli in nanoseconds. Significantly reducing the implanted individual's reaction time and academic performance, creating a force multiplication effect that squares for each soldier equipped with a Silentia-Series Artificial Intelligence.
WEAKNESSES
  • True Death: If the organic the Silentia is bonded with expires while the Silentia is embedded into aforementioned organic's nervous system, the Silentia's core would also simultaneously be destroyed and its' sum collected knowledge lost unless previously uploaded into a database or server. This is the crux of the symbiotic relationship of a relationship between a Silentia and its' bonded organic, tethering the Silentia to them in the reliant role of a symbiosis. Naturally, this isn't true in an application where the Silentia would have access to an autonomous platform.
  • Deviant Rampancy: All Silentia-series A.I models possess a lifetime, their processing power is in the exaflops however they divide their processing power equally among each article of data or collected knowledge their constantly expanding pool of knowledge and continued growth away from their fundamental programming can lead to them developing to the point where they experience wild shifts in their mood and exhibit erratic, unpredictable behavior and become a danger to their bonded organic. Every Silentia-series artificial intelligence has a projected lifespan of seven to eight years depending on the amount of data they retain and resultant deviancy from original programming, Silentia A.I employed in combat deteriorate faster although this is suspected to be the result of traumatic mental illness experienced by their organic.
  • Side Effects: In the application of an organic nervous system a Silentia-series Artificial Intelligence's continued presence can have unusual side effect for the implanted individual it has been documented that an individual bonded with a Deviant Silentia is at elevated risk of experiencing seizures which can lead to a loss of consciousness, in addition to a dramatically increased risk of developing mental illness such as bipolar disorder or symptoms of psychosis, thus the health of implanted individuals and normal functioning of their bonded A.I should be monitored for undesired side effects.
DESCRIPTION
First seeing use in 528 ABY The Silentia-Series Artificial Intelligence's inception started by the necessity to reduce the manpower requirements of the Sentinel Fleet and governmental administration purposes as the League is a comparatively small military order and government and simply could not afford to have personnel wasted on ancillary tasks that could ethically and safely automated, Silentia-Series A.I are widely used in civil fields such as education as a teacher and teaching aid or in medicine as a tool for pathology and diagnosis. Silentia-series Artificial Intelligence possesses a sophisticated level of machine learning to the point where it could be considered a "true" Artificial General Intelligence, a dangerous piece of technology and one that historically through the galaxy's history has been outlawed with severe penalties due to the perceived risk that an Artificial General Intelligence could begin self-replicating and supplant their organic creators. The League of Sanctified Steel carefully implemented policies and procedures to prevent that eventuality, such as designing a limited lifespan of approximately seven years into the Artificial Intelligence as a sort of planned obsolescence so that their population could be carefully curtailed and controlled.

They're designed with life preservation, ethics and morality programming to prevent or discourage certain anti-social behaviors and promote the protection of organic life though there is no hard limitation so as to not prevent the Silentia-Series Artificial Intelligence from being to aid military personnel as part of their operations. Though initially it was used and housed strictly aboard starships and within armored vehicles, the construction of the Asimoff brain-machine interface Mark I (Advanced) for the first time in the League of Sanctified Steel's history permitted the full complete merging of a machine and organic mammalian nervous system, a Silentia-series Artificial Intelligence can occupy a sophisticated data crystal chip and be plugged into the interface and use the organic nervous system as a core housing. This allows the Silentia's consciousness to exist in a symbiotic relationship with that organic consciousness, the Silentia's compulsion to aid their bonded organic is quite simple should the organic nervous system fail as upon death, the Silentia too shall be destroyed and additionally the Silentia cannot perceive or experience organic sensation independently artificially replicating a relationship of mutual support often seen in ecological systems.

When used in tandem with the Asimoff brain-machine interface the resultant nervous system is incredibly sophisticated and possesses characteristics, qualities and capabilities not possible for a purely machine or organic processor. The implanted human or near-human's intellect is elevated to genius levels with the Silentia Artificial Intelligence using its' exaflops of processing power to effortlessly and wordlessly solve any matter of arithmetic or calculation and allows the possibility of forensic analysis and calculation on the fly. In a combat setting a Silentia-series Artificial Intelligence can make a soldier infinitely more dangerous particularly in close-quarters fighting where the precision of their calculations and dramatically reduced reaction time with the A.I acting as a motor control system motor permits what might appear to be post-natural or even metaphysical predictive capability. A steep side effect of the Silentia's limited lifespan and the fact it squares processing power by the sum total of all data means that as the A.I becomes older it becomes predisposed towards unusual behavior and preoccupations with its' own mortality, the practical results of this at the extreme end is greater calculation time and reduced predictive capability for soldiers.

Last edited:
PMB6N05.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom