Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sickle Sabers

Status
Not open for further replies.
S u p e r i o r
Q9qYxrv.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Personal weapon to Zul Grimm.
  • Image Source: Source, Blizzard, Diablo 3
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Zul Grimm
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Zul Grimm
  • Modularity: None
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Phrik, lightsaber components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sickle
  • Size: One Handed (2)
  • Length: 13.5 cm (Hilt) 54 cm (Blade)
  • Weight: 3.3 kg (Each)
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Phrik constructions make the entirety of the weapon lightsaber resistant, while still allowing for the projection of a lightsaber blade along the inner curve that can be activated and de-activated at reactionary speeds.
  • The curvature of the blades allows for rapid strikes that can also be used to hook an opponent and either disarm/amputate them.
Strengths:
  • The odd nature of the blades makes it difficult to combat, as its versatility makes it excellent for both parrying and disarming. The sharpened Phrik blade on the outside of the sickle can deflect and redirect, while the lightsaber inner edge of the sickle when ignited can cut through whatever non-lightsaber resistant material it encounters. Alternatively it functions as a normal hook when not active.
  • Due to its unique nature, not many people are properly trained in handling and combating against the fighting forms that the blades and user utilize.
  • The lightweight nature allows for the user to move rather freely and is at its best in a fighting style that favors excellent footwork and maneuvering around an opponent.
  • Effective fighting style for disarming opponents and conrtrolling their movements due to the hooking nature of the weapon.
  • Extremely effective against opponents with a singular lightsaber as one sickle can be used to parry and deflect while the other strikes.
  • The weighted nature of both sickles makes it have more force with each swing, forcing an opponent to retain a strong defense to counter properly.
Weaknesses:
  • Due to the curvature of the blades, it is very difficult to stab someone, making it primarily a slashing weapon.
  • The weapon is significantly shorter range compared to the average lightsaber, making it so that the user has to take on a very dangerous and fast-paced fighting style that requires the user to get much closer to their opponent.
  • The user has to take very careful note of where he is slashing at and which side of the sickle he is using. Striking armor with the Phrik blade will result in little damage and give an opponent a small opening where one of the user's sickles is blocked entirely.
  • The full effectiveness of the Sickle Sabers is against opponents that use a singular blade, but has difficulty against saberstaffs or its cousin the twin lightsabers as multiple blades make its versatility limited to either full defense or aggressive offense.
  • The increased weight of the dual sickle sabers also makes them slightly less unwieldly compared to standard dual sabers.

DESCRIPTION

The sickle sabers are a unique weapon designed by Zul Grimm as his personal weapons. While starkly different to the traditional lightsabers, it ranks among the unique variants much like the guard shotos or light whips that some Jedi and Sith use. Its Phrik exterior makes it an effective tool to fight against lightsabers, the sharpened outer edge being able to flay flesh from bones as well as deflect oncoming lightsaber strikes off at an angle while the inner curve of the sickle doesn't possess a sharpened edge but is able to hook and disarm opponents. Alternatively, the inner edge can house the lightsaber blade to allow it to cut through whatever it comes into contact with for a swift and deadly slash. The plasma projection of the blade is guided by a series of magnetic rings that 'curve' the shape of the blade to allow for it to cut through sturdier materials.

The Sickle Saber is much more effective at disarming parries or quick, precise strikes, one sickle being used to parry and deflect while the other is used offensively. Its unique nature makes it excellent for both offense and defense, aggressive offense, and stable defense. The Sickle Sabers were constructed with the emphasis on mobility and speed in mind, bringing together aspects of several commonly practiced lightsaber forms in a fluid and deadly form. Most of the form's inspiration drew from the acrobatic prowess of Ataru along with the ferocity brought upon by Jar'kai.

[Note] If a codex submission is required to develop a lightsaber style unique to the sickles, I will be more than happy to write one and provide it to add to more background for this submission.

S u p e r i o r
My only real question for this is already inserted as a note at the bottom of the submission. I have yet to talk with Mahet about it for making a codex entry, but I wanted to see if this was approved before I made any attempt towards it.

[member="Venthis Zambrano"]

Firstly, a codex submission is not needed. You can develop the style through role plays, and various threads if you really want to.

Other than that, the image source requires a link to where you found the image from not just the artist. Please adjust this.

[member="Zul Grimm"]

Another problem is, I don’t believe this would technically work. I don’t believe Phrik would bend the lightsabers blade, just completely stop it. Lightwhips work by removing Dimetrus circuits, though that makes the blade “floppy” and would not preserve it in the curved manner you want. Though aslong as the blade is entirely appearance other than the hooking and parrying I think it should be fine, if you try to say you’ve manipulated such “Dimetrus Circuits”.

[member="Zul Grimm"]

S u p e r i o r
Oh, when I was making this submission I did not mean to make it seem that the Phrik was the one that was altering the actual shape of the blade to curve. I remember vaguely reading up on lightsaber components and one thing that came up was talking about magnetic fields that focused the blade projection. Basically, my thought of having this be feasible was that the inner part of the curve have a series of magnetic loops along its length that would guide the plasma projection of the blade. I guess in a simpler way of explaining it would be like a series of mirrors guiding a laser, the angle of the mirrors being just enough to deviate a laser's path to the next, etc, etc. Star Wars science is a bit finicky so forgive me if I made misinterpretations. I may have subconsciously thought I wrote about it since I was fairly tired at the time of posting. If that doesn't work I can go with your suggestion of manipulation of dimetrus circuits.

For reference to magnetic fields, I was looking at Blade Emitter Shrouds.

As long as it makes a decent bit of sense, and is predominately only altering the appearance and not making the weapon more powerful, I’d be happy to stamp this. Just explain it to a decent amount in the submission.

[member="Zul Grimm"]

S u p e r i o r
I added the bit about magnetic fields/rings in the casing to create the curve. If anything it could just be a lightwhip that was made into a more rigid form that was held in place along the inner curve since it is a little /| |\ shaped channel along the inner curve. I personally don't think that the weapon itself is all that powerful to begin with as you are worried because of the following...

A) Its Phrik edge can only cut through unarmored/clothed enemies and most people have some semblance of hard armor/ways of blocking a normal metal edge. Its primary function if anything against anyone in Chaos is deflecting lightsabers at an angle and provide defensive coverage.

B )The lightsaber part is supposed to allow for it to cut through most non-lightsaber resistant materials since it makes sense that the inner curve (Like most kamas/scythes/sickles/similar weapons) is where the most damage comes from. The ability to hook/disarm only comes from when the lightsaber is not ignited and amputation/dismemberment when it is. Adds more versatility/utility in combat RP without just simple "Slides blade in between legs and pulls, cutting their calf from their thigh" as opposed to "Slides blade in between legs and pulls, throwing their balance off to force them to back up to regain bearings." (Yes I know I can't force the action, but for choreographed fights/duels where consent is given)

C) I personally don't think giving a lightsaber edge to a weapon would make it any more or less powerful, I just have the ability to utilize less lethal tactics when I choose to as opposed to typical lightsabers where any hit would either straight up grievously wound/amputate entirely with no control unless said wielder has the Alter Damage force power.

Just thought I would put that all out there for your consideration just so you are aware of what you are stamping off on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom