Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shocking Behaviour (Percy/Amaethon)

To stand here on Coruscant had always filled Tirdarius with a sense of bittersweet melancholy, remembering when he had lived here as a boy, taken from his home on Corellia and brought to the Jedi Temple on this world to train among their ranks. Hard to imagine it now, of course. Coruscant had never been a Sith world to his mind, not truly. Yet here I stand: not on Ziost, or Korriban, nor on Dromund Kaas. That, too, disturbed him: those bastion worlds, each a nexus of Dark Side energy, these were the places the Sith made their homes. Not this artificial monstrosity that we dare to think of as the capital world.

Still, the Sith were all about survival, making do with the worst of circumstances, persevering regardless of what the galaxy cared to throw at them, thriving even in the direst of moments. And so we shall persist here, as much as I hate it. Coruscant was a Jedi world, in his mind, the site of a childhood long ago lost to him, before he had been taken and forced to make that dangerous transition to manhood under the auspices of the Sith. I doubt there are any Jedi still living who remember the boy I was, he thought reflectively. All would now see me as their enemy, a threat to be destroyed out of hand. Foolish, but few in either faction had any sense of balance. If that were not so, we would have ended this war centuries ago.

He shook his head to push those useless thoughts to one side. Tirdarius had often found his mind wandering here, staring out of the high viewport of his quarters to look down upon the bustling city-world below. Evening had fallen, and rain was now doing the same, striking against the duracrete and plasteel with equal vigor, a lovely touch of natural power on a world that was a testament to the strength of the artificial. Blasphemous, to stand here and feel comfortable.

The double doors that barred the way to his rooms opened with a soft hiss, admitting the two that he had been waiting for. It was rare that he trained within his personal quarters: on any of the other worlds where he had maintained a home, there had always been a separate place for that. Here, he had simply been forced to make do with what was available, commandeering a floor of the spacious housing complex in order to contain everything to meet his needs: his quarters, office, training room, personal library. Were it any other world, I would be quite comfortable here. He could only hope that these two young people felt as he did about it: he did not want them comfortable either. No Sith should be, truly, otherwise what have we to strive against?

Today, of course, their answer was made for them: their challenge was what he had to offer them now.

"It is good that you're both on time," he remarked quietly, not turning around to look at them, preferring to peruse the rainfall that could be seen easily from the window at which he stood. He didn't need to look at them to know them both: one he had worked with before, the other was clearly that Acolyte who sought to learn alongside the girl on this occasion. Both had come seeking another lesson, and he was in the mood to provide such. "Though perhaps you'll wish you had chosen to be otherwise by the time we're done," he continued conversationally.

[member="Percy Imura"], [member="Amaethon"]

[member="Tirdarius"] [member="Percy Imura"]

Amaethon inclined his head to the Sith Lord as he entered with the other Acolyte. He watched her from the corner of his eye, mouth twisted with distaste. He didn't share things very well, especially the teachings of the Force. She would not see his expression, of course, an advantage of wearing a mask.

He took in Tirdarius' words, his conversational tone and gathered that this would likely not be pleasant nor easy. Sith Lords were rarely jovial, he knew, especially with Acolytes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom