Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipwrights and Shipwrongs [Soliael]

Kuat - KDY - CEO's Control Office

Though the drive yards had no practical application of time, when one was Queen and a planet's institution and government literally revolved around you in gleaming slabs of durasteel, it was their right to set it to whatever they liked.

3AM. The same twilight hours as what her planetside homestead, Darke Manor, currently drifted in.

Lacey Hardt yawned from her seat at the Council meeting table within the massive office hall, lazily stirring honey into her morning tea. She wasn't usually here this early, but these were the sort of things you do when you earn a paycheck as big as hers.

"The acquisition of the Moross Shipwrights driveyards is essential. We had some freedom to work other clientele while under the control of the Republic, but I won't lean on any assumptions where the Sith Empire is concerned," standing at the head of the table, Lorelei Darke peered at the holoprojected image of the planet Ceto and the practically new, barely used drive yards installed there six years ago.

"Your Highness," DiVanca Leonardi looked over her notes, "I have no qualms with your intentions, my concern is the Empire catching wind of this. If they find out we're producing ships for anyone other than themselves ... it breaks the Treaty."

"I realize the risk this endeavor brings upon us, and I have an answer for it. Third party."

"You don't have trustworthy people out there anymore, Highness. Moross has all but vacated their old territories. They've left people on Ceto to finish out their projects and protect their investments, but they won't stay after it sells. Who would you place out there?"

"I have some ideas ... but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Talith should be here any minute..."

[member="Soliael Talith"]

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

Soliael smiled slightly, bright orange eyes looking down at a small sleeping figure that lay on the couch aboard his ship.

Aela was snuggled up beneath a small blanket holding a stuffed animal that very much resembled a Nexu. The girl snored quietly, and Soliael found himself not wanting to leave his daughter here. Lingering for only a moment Soliael kissed Aela goodbye. He nodded to Eleanin who stood in the corner with a smile on her face, The Crusader was here to protect his daughter, having appointed herself a warden of sorts.

The woman had eagle eyes and deadly prowess with a lightsaber, more than enough to keep his daughter safe.

Soliael stood up straight, and then quickly stepped off of his shuttle. He moved quickly, being greeted by a par of Kuati guards. He eyed them for a moment, but then shook his head. Soliael was well aware of the predicament that Kuat was now under, knew that the planet was now for all intense and purposes held by the One Sith in a stranglehold.

He supposed that was the reason this meeting was happening, Oma had a plan.

She always did.

Within only a few minutes of departing his shuttle Soliael found himself entering the meeting room. There he found whom he was looking for. His Oma, and the other people that she chose to surround herself with. Soliael smiled at them, then took a short bow in greeting. “Your Majesty.”

There was really no need for that, but he found it somewhat amusing.

There was, actually, every need for that. Despite the history and kinship between them, it was still much the uncovered mystery to the vast majority of the galaxy, including the other two women present within the room.

"Mr. Talith," Lorelei greeted him expectantly, "right on time. I believe Miss Leonardi has filled you in on the purpose of this meeting, so let's cut to the chase. Six years ago, at the approach of your representatives, KDY redesigned and upgraded the shipyards at Ceto, helping to establish what is now known today as Moross Shipwrights, a defunct and practically abandoned company. It's a crown jewel gathering dust - I'd like to take it off your hands, permanently."

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

He perked an eyebrow.

Well that explained it.

It was a good plan if he guessed correctly. Kuat Drive Yards had been wrapped within the Kuat system for more than...well its entire existence since the Ten had founded it. By buying Moross Shipwrights it would allow Kuat Drive Yards to expand in an instant into the outer rim. The question was why? There wasn't any need for expansion, not that he knew.

“I see.” Soliael said calmly, casting a glance towards the two other women. “I suppose you want the shipyards far more than the company itself?”

He poised the question.

It would be rather telling of his Oma's plans, not entirely, but it would be a bigger hint. Of course in the end it was really none of his business, and she would get what she wanted either way. The Shipwright was in fact practically defunct and useless, only serving to build small freighters and some Ithari Swarm Frigates for Planetary Defense Forces.

"The whole kit and kabootle," Lorelei answered in kind, brows lofting over what was a rather light remark made by an otherwise very serious answer, "I'll be perfectly happy to maintain your people if they so wish to stay, but the name will have to go. Moross Shipwrights simply won't hold the respect the company will demand. This isn't a religious crusade it will be backing anymore, Mr. Talith, but a moral one."

"I see." He repeated the same phrase again, a look of thought appeared on his face.

He wanted to help his grandmother of course, just as she had helped him so many times before. Yet there was a hitch in her plan, a small bump in the road. He frowned slightly, shifting his gaze between the three before once again settling on his Oma.

"You are aware that Moross Shipwrights was founded by and for the Crusade?" It was an important detail. "It employs Crusaders and the Faithful almost exclusively. Breaking that name away from them will be a difficult task."

The people of the Crusade still believed in their gods after all.

Though he was sure his Oma was prepared for that.

"And when the shipyards start providing for those not within the Morossi religion it'll have the same effect. Those who wish to leave may do so with early retirement compensation, those who wish to stay will have the assurance that their jobs will not be lost. They'd only stand to gain when the business is once more made profitable."

Lorelei's gaze never wavered, her tone never faltered, "Moross Shipwrights is today what lasting businesses like to call wastage. Every day it remains open is a day spent hemorraging credit, both financial and economical. I can turn it into the monolith it should have been today had the Crusade's Gods maintained their foothold."

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

That was all he really wanted.

His people were really all that he cared about. Even now he was the one controlling that company, granted in a limited way, only to let those who worked for it survive. He frowned slightly, shifting on his feet. This was the best option. It benefited his people and benefited his own family. His frown slowly disappeared from his lips, and he gave his Oma a nod.

“Very well.” His voice was even, level. “If I have your assurance of this then I have no objection to the sale of Moross Shipwrights.”

What more could he say?

He technically owned the company, so he had the authority to do this. Though whatever profit came from this he would share with Amorella and Cameron.

"My word is my bond," Lorelei replied, moving to take her seat at the head of the Council table. Beside her DiVanca procured a holopad with the drafted terms of sale agreement. The Queen slowly pressed a pair of half-moon spectacles to the bridge of her nose and perused the file, making minor changes here and there.

"...Miss Hardt..." her voice drawled forth like a snake, she didn't look up.

Lacey immediately snapped to attention at her seat, nearly toppling her tea saucer, "Yes! Yes your Majesty?"

"Offer our guest refreshments."

"Oh...of course! So sorry," she quickly rose from her seat and moved to face [member="Soliael Talith"], "I didn't wish to interrupt .... ah, Mr. Talith, would you care for tea, cafe, food? Anything you'd like is at our disposal."

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

He shifted slightly.

“Some tea would be more than fine.” Soliael said with a slight smile.

Suddenly something chirped within his ear, a tiny comm-link that called to him. It was Eleanin, telling of Aela's wakening. He twitched slightly, giving his Oma a very telling look, as if he was asking something of her. Their business was concluded, at least the formality of it, they would still have to come to terms with the details of the negotiations, but most of it was done.

“Perhaps some Juice as well.” It didn't really matter which, Aela liked all kinds of juice. Strange girl. “I get thirsty.”

He smiled at the woman, then cast another look at his Oma.

Be it the tone of his voice, the pause of his words, or some other intangible property of the Queen's skillset, Lorelei briefly glanced up as he sought to make eye contact. Green eyes peered, watching him perceptively before looking back down to the datapad.

"Tea, juice...ahm, what sort...?"

"Have an assortment sent with a light breakfast arrangement, Miss Hardt," the Queen cut her off.

"Breakfast? Of course, I'll have it brought in right away," and off she trotted, exiting through a side panel in the wall behind the Queen's desk.

"Miss Leonardi I'll look over this further later. For now I want you to create a docket of current Moross Shipwrights employees."

"At once, your Majesty," DiVanca's voice answered, one far smoother and calmer than that of the younger Miss Hardt, "will that be all?"

"That will be all. You may go. Mr. Talith," with a sigh, Lorelei placed the datapad down on the table before her and pulled the glasses from her nose, "please make yourself comfortable. My next meeting isn't for some time and you've traveled all this way. The least I can do is feed you."

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

Soliael watched the two women go, his eyebrow raising slightly as they shuffled by him.

He turned and smiled at his Oma, not bothering to take one of the chairs to make himself comfortable. Instead he stood, waiting. That chirp and conversation in his comm-link had come with a confirmation of something, and not of something that he could stop. As soon as the doors were closed he looked about for a moment, then looked at his Oma.

“As much as I enjoy business, I didn't only come here to fulfill your expansionist ambitions.” He told her, his voice calm and slightly teasing. “I brought along someone that I thought you might like to finally meet.”

Silencia had not had opportunity to travel off world for some time.

Kuat kept her busy, and either he nor Kira blamed her for it. Yet he had long ago wished that Silencia could meet Aela. She had always been motherly, had always been caring. Plus he had always thought that she and Aela would get along. If only because of the young girls more serious nature.

He checked his comm to make sure that the two were coming. It would take more time due to secrecy.

"Yes," the voice that replied was of a different tamber now - deeper, richer, svelte, "your daughter. Amorella has told me all about her. Aela Esmae," green eyes turned to once more regard him, watching him now not with the prudence of a businesswoman, but the knowing nature of a mother. Of a woman that had watched him grow from a young boy to the man that now stood before her; a man of power, prestige, and all manner of good fortune.

A man she could earnestly say she was quite proud to have raised.

"A fine name. Che'zza would approve."

For the first time in what felt decades, Lorelei Darke allowed her visage to slip for the barest of moments - she smiled upon him not as the Queen of Kuat, but as Lady Silencia, matron of the Shamalain family. A firelight glow caught in her hair, a gleam of ancient power filled her gaze, and an aura of the occult permeated the room.

She looked for all the world ... tired, melancholy.

How many years since the sound of a child filled her life?

"I am pleased for you, little Sol."

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

He grinned, from ear to ear like a little boy. That statement, the pride that she held in her voice, the affection, it was enough to make him blush. The grin only widened as the door slowly began to creep open, and inside poked a single head.

Eleanin first, then Aela several feet below her.

The little girl's hair was a stark blonde, her eyes were sleepy, and her hair was a tangled mess that showed she had been sleeping. Soliael turned to them, smiling, and then motioned them both inside. The door slid open, and the little girl trotted over to her father, rubbing her eyes and smearing some of the white paint that lay across her face.

He picked her up, and then began to walk over towards his Oma.

“Aela.” He said quietly, whispering to the sleepy little girl. “There is someone I would like you to meet. My Oma.”

The little girl seemed to perk up at the name, a tint of complete and total adoration forming in her eyes. Aela thought highly of Quietus, the woman that she knew as her Oma. Any person that her father titled as such must have been great indeed.

As Soliael came to a stop before Silencia, the little girl swiveled her head and spoke, no hint of shyness filling her voice.

“Hello.”

Silencia watched with an unwavering, somber stare as her great-grandson presented to her his child. What a day of days this was, truly, to bare living witness to this level of descendant. Her great-great-granddaughter. Her blood was practically electric with a sense of unadulterated pride at what he had created, what she had started all those years ago.

She only wished her mother were still alive as well.

The elder matriarch regarded the young girl with a stately, quiet grace, taking her in visually and spiritually. Her essence was alive with all the powers she expected - that of her blood, that of Talith blood, that of another yet unfamiliar. It mattered little, it was powerful and the potential as limitless as she could imagine.

"Hello Aela," the woman returned finally, voice like velvet, green eyes aglow, "I am very pleased to finally meet you. Do you know who I am?"

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

The girl stared at Silecia with an unwavering orange gaze, eyes that were reminiscent of her fathers, reminiscent of his fathers.

“Fathers Oma?”

There was no hint of shyness to her voice, no hint of hesitation, though a slight confusion. Soliael had called her Oma, and that to her meant grandmother. Yet the confusion came from Silencia looking so young. Being only six years old Aela hadn't yet come to grasp the aging of her extended family, and for all she knew her fathers grandmother should look far...older.

The girl stared at Silencia with sleepy Orange eyes, searching for something.

Soliael only stood there, a slight smirk on his face. This was an interaction that he had been eager for, if only to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom