Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipmaking

Yusanis Kai Lsu

Y
So I'm trying to get a handle on the different types of engines and reactors in ships as I had assumed they were all propelled by Ion engines, big and small. Also for the larger ships, I know nothing of reactors and power sources. Does anyone have any engine types/reactor wiki pages they could post/send me so I may educate myself?

Lady Velori

L
*puts on Best Designer On SWRP Hat*

Ion engines are a common type, yeah. Fastest way to learn is to do what I did decades ago, and check what other ships of the class/type/manufacturer use. Ionisation reactors (solar ones and ones powered by cryogenic cells) are fairly common in SWRP tech as power, though, so if you want something with a current precedent, those are the way to go.

MAD

M
I have a question that vaguely relates to this topic.

What would be a good ship that a Shadow Trooper would use if he's AWOL and independant of his former military service as a Mercenary?

The Hound

T
An old Stealth-X, One of the Hutt's fllying death traps...Anything really that says it isn't exclusive to he faction.

Lady Velori

L
@[member="MAD"]

That question's loaded. Think less 'what would be good for this char idea' and more 'what do you want it to do'? Is it a quick transport, a mobile home, a fighter-style ship for individual intercepts out of a base?

Ruye Etarn

R
Am I allowed to make a Hero Unit even though my Faction is not Major? Or is that exclusively Major?

Also, I was wondering about something technical.

If I have one class of Starship, and then build it the exact same way, only two times bigger. Is it still the same model or something different entirely?

Lady Velori

L
1) Yes. The Millennium Falcon is a great example - built by Corellian Engineering Corp, but it's customised from the stock YT-1300 and being a special unit used by what we'd deem as a Player Character, it's a Hero Unit. Han Solo was a privateer before the Alliance and he had one.

2) It's a different model. Consider this - the size difference would require different amounts of thrust based on weight, and wires don't just double in size/thickness to accomodate new tech, as well as the structural framework. All-new engines, weapons, etc would have to be installed because their size simply doesn't double with the ship.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom