Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ship of the Sun

Continued from here
[member="Arisa Yune"]

Knight looked at Arisa as the Nirvana was moving into position and she stood there watching her over some of the things. "Getting a feel for this will take awhile, to use Gree technology you need four arms." She was looking at her and the shapshifted made her arms change into tendrils that could work the console for the computer. "The controls are simple, forward, reverse and banking from side to side. Mashing down on the triggers will activate the booster shooting us forward and the heat shielding will activate automatically near a sun allowing you to go near it. The stealth systems can be activated from yoour controls on the arm and this is where we plot the hyperspace jumps."

Arisa nearly jumped out of the chair as soon as as mass of tentacle like appendages came into her cone of vision. Out of reflex, she had began channeling the Force around her to send them all flying away, but she stopped right before initiating a push as she saw the tendrils were attached to the woman she had known as Knight. She cringed at the realization, quickly exiting the chair and taking new position on the far side of the room. Nothing Knight had said had made it to Arisa's ears about controlling the ship other that four arms were required. The only two she had were now bunched together against her chest as she stared back at Knight with an incredulous expression.

[member="Knight"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Knight looked up and at her when she saw the girl move quickly, her eyebrow raising as she looked at her arms giving a small look. "Oh sorry but it really is the only real way to use Gree technology and besides this isn't some holonerds Atrisian fanfiction. You are perfectly safe around them just don't wear skirts." She said it with a laugh but shifted her arms back to normal looking for Arisa at least arms while they were slender. "I am just a shapeshifter, let me get that really cool looking hair color that does not occur in nature and make a figure even gods say 'I didn't make that'." She was joking a little while moving away but left the chair open for Arisa. "Come on, you aren't going to let a little thing scare you away are you?"

She relaxed ever so slightly as Knight provided an explanation for the sudden appearance of the tentacle arms. She had never (knowingly) encountered a Shi'ido before, but she knew of them. She could accept the explanation, but she couldn't shake off the cringe she felt right now. Kinight's jokes didn't really do much alleviate those feelings.

"Okay...a little forewarning would have been nice, but I can deal. I'll try to adjust to this new development, but could you put the arms away for now? I'll have to learn how to improvise with two hands anyway."

She finally unclasped her hands from over her chest, only to hold them flat against her sides as she awaited a response from Knight. She couldn't get near that chair while she was still in shock. She refused.

[member="Knight"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

She looked at her and her hands were back to normal same as the rest of her image. A small look at Arisa as she held them up. "Alright alright take your time." They had done a lot fo the work over one or two of the other things whiel she sat down on one of the benches int he cic. "We are not really in dire need to go somwhere so whenever you feel ready." She could work with the small team of them ones here, it gave her something to do touching the screen before with the location and coordinates from the astrometics lab they had build on Rhen Var in the citadel. She rolled her shoulders feeling the small bit of bone there was rubbing them. "Some come on tell me about yourself?"

As Knight transformed her tentacles back to arms, Arisa would begin to calm, and the queasiness in her stomach start to subside. Tentatively, she made her way back to the seat to try resume acclimating to the controls. She ran her gloved fingers over the twin consoles along the arms, staring down at controls she outside of her reach. She could probably come up with some kind of rig or adapter to overcome her limitations, but for now, she would use it as a chance to improvise with telekinesis.

"Let me try something before we move on."

While channeling the Force, she visualized touching the lower set of the controls. She focused for a while, trying to replicate the sensation of turning and tapping the controls with invisible digits. She practically stared down one pad until she finally received an audio cue that console had registered her telekinetic input. She relaxed back into the seat after that, thinking about the exact feeling she experienced when she had her first bit of success manipulating the controls.

"Success...sort of. I think I can get the hang of this in time, but is there an easy way to operate with hands for now? I want to get back to the Republic space ASAP."

[member="Knight"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Looking at her while she watched the girl work with telekinesis on the controls knight cringed a little. "Careful careful, if it was that easy to do. We'd be able to adapt gree tech a long time ago." The music was an important part and the controls relied on everything thing you had. "We'll be able to work with it for a time like this but flying you need the control and knowledge of how to play the sounds to navigate otherwise you will be going to fast to make the corrections. It is a feel thing you wil get from the technology and need your hands." She stayed where she was but brought up the manual controls and screen while she was looking over it. "You can fly around but the hyperdrive is not going to be usable. Go ahead and try out the harder moves and speeds to get a feel for it, you can even test out the solar hopping abilities to fly in a sun."

"There was nothing easy about what I did," Arisa answered, shaking her head. "That's why I gave up on it, for now at least."

She thought about what Knight said about the control system. It didn't seem all that different from playing an instrument, but she was totally ignorant in the ways the inputs corresponded to the maneuvers of the vessel. TK could help her hit all the keystrokes with practice, but
first, she'd have to learn them. She could pick up the system by the process of trial and error, but that could take forever, especially with something a sophisticated as a Gree powered starship moving through space. She rose from the seat, then motioned for Knight to take her place.

"The ship is useless to me without the function of the hyperdrive, so I might as well follow your example to learn. You...can transform again if that helps you.
Question though, are you able to provide me metadata of the console operation for reference? I can do something with that."

[member="Knight"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

"Yes." She was looking at the girl and moved over to the seat sitting down while she shifted position. "The data goes through on the screens there and here." She was taking a moment with it \ as her hands shifted and pointed towards the screen. Slowly taking the controls while the ship moved smoothly for a moment. "Your movements with the ship are measured, the sensation you can feel from the keys when you touch them are small vibrations that when used correctly together will resonate and sing to you." As she was speaking the display showed the vibrations with the tunes of the key as the ship was moving. Smooth and fast with the calculations for lightspeed displaying across the display and they were changing as the ship accelerated. "As you fly, you will be able to feel the gravity well of the planet or an interdictor at first it might feel strange but you will be able to see the best course with your hands to where you want to go and this computer has some safety built into it. The songs will not sound good if the calculations are off."

As Knight went into detail about the actual mechanics of the console, she realized that this was going to be a lot more difficult than she initially realized. She was following along with Knight's motions as she spoke, but she had no sense for the feedback that Knight was describing as she wasn't behind the helm herself. This control scheme was a radical departure from anything that she had encountered before.

"
I have to be honest, I'm having a hard time just grasping listening to you, but I don't want to wreck this ship into the sun feeling out the controls for myself either. If you have the time...would you return to Kiribi with me?"

The planet she now called home was clear over in another quadrant, but it offered the refugee for her to learn how to operate this craft in peace. Right now it was a no go as they were technically in the middle of a warzone. Being on
Kiribi would also put her close enough to One Sith space to test out plotting or making some runs against their sensor net.

[member="Knight"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Looking at her while she was working it and bringing the ship about quickly, there was a small grin on her face while they moved off towards the warzone looking over things in the scanners. "I can, there is nothing pressing or keeping me out here just boredom mostly." And Alana when her one padawan was not off training with her mother. The look though while she could see ships buzzing around towards them had the knight moving the ship to get them to follow. The fighters were buzzing and it looked like the sanctum fleet was working hard to clear them out as the ships seemed to once they figured out there was no weapons go after them quickly following as the ship accelerated more and more. She wanted them to follow and as they did baked towards the sun as they got to close. The blips dying out on the screen before Knight stopped and had the ship resting just over the surface. The lack of windows was an important thing on the ship in situations like these as she spoke. "I have never really been to Kirbi, what is it like?"

Her senses were flooded with the chaotic auras of thousands as they appeared right in the middle of a massive battle underway. Right away, she identified the Coalition fleet, battling it out with opposing forces native to the sector. Then just as soon as they had appeared, they were gone, right as she was sure she heard the ping of a missile lock. She could only frown at Knight quietly as they continued on their trek around the region. This one was sure to keep her on her toes, she could see it now.

"
Kiribi is an interesting place. A beautiful planet with a very progressive and advanced society. While I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this Gree technology, engineers there probably wouldn't have issue deconstructing this vessel."

It was a bold claim, but she had been witness to some impressive displays of development in her brief time living there. Such as the near-complete reconstruction of her body, where bionics would have been the typical solution to her lost limbs. She could have taken it even further with enhancements, but Suravi had been worried that the stress of the procedures would have been too much for Arisa to take in her critical state at the time. Something to reconsider, especially if it could help her with this ship.

[member="Knight"]

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Knight looked at her with a look over towards her. Eyebrows raised with a look moving the ship around. "You want to see and learn how to use this ship that is fine but the Nirvana is mine and taking her apart is not something that is going to happen. This is one of the last projects that came out of Thyferra and the protectorate before they just jumped or join the GA." She stayed there for a moment bringing the ship around as she continued to work with the force as she flew the ship going to work. THe music playing through the CIC to let the screens show the way they were going to the system quickly. "Approaching jump point." She stayed there for a moment when the rest of the crew set everything up to see it and then they went to hyperspace with a small nudge. More smooth then just jumping from the compacted and stronger engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom