Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ShieldBusta CF1

Diysuperguy33

Smarter than the average bear
[SIZE=11pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Intent: [/SIZE]To create an anti-shield device unique to Dagobah Shipyards.
[SIZE=11pt]Image: [/SIZE]https://starcitizen.tools/images/thumb/5/59/Revenant.jpg/400px-Revenant.jpg
[SIZE=11pt]Image Source: [/SIZE]'Revenant' by https://starcitizen.tools
[SIZE=11pt]Canon Link: [/SIZE]N/A.
[SIZE=11pt]Restricted Missions: [/SIZE]N/A.
[SIZE=11pt]Primary Source:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]N/A

[SIZE=11pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Material:[/SIZE]

• Rhodium frame and barrel

• Built-in sensors

• Electrical components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Ion
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power a
  • Ammunition Capacity: N/A
  • Reload Speed: N/A
  • Effective Range: Personal -> Average (Short range in terms of battlefield)
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Stopping Power: High)
  • Recoil: Average
[SIZE=11pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=14.6667px]This weapon is general purpose and can be used on almost any ship, with relatively the same effectiveness.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]:[/SIZE]

• Cheap to produce

• Very effective in taking down shields (worth slightly more than 3 regular ion cannon shots)
[SIZE=11pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]:[/SIZE]

• Short range

• Slow firing speed

• Larger-than-average energy consumption

• Relatively ineffective against hull targets

• Not properly tested - something catastrophic could happen

[SIZE=11pt]DESCRIPTION:[/SIZE]
Lokthra having recently signed a deal with the Galactic Alliance is having to rushfully design all new components for her ships. She doesn't believe in using other companies parts. The Shieldbusta CF1's concept was designed by Targuious Dawning during his ventures from job to job. He discovered that the ion cannon, although effective at taking down shields, was slower and not as effective as his idea was; if you have three ion dischargers create the ion shot at one focal point then the shot will be significantly more effective, the downside to this is it is slower to fire and consumes more energy. However, this is slightly more effective than three ion cannon shots at the same time. Targuious had tested this weapon only a few times before approving the design, these tests, however, provided no issue at all.

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
[member="Lokthra Dawning"]

Hi there! While I dig the concept of this submission, there is much that needs to be worked on before I can stamp this approved. Below you'll find edits that I require to bring this up to Factory standards as well as suggestions of mine, which you may take with a grain of salt.
  • The production for this should not be Unique. As you've stated "Cheap to produce" under your strengths, this ship-grade weapon will most likely fall under Mass or Minor production.
  • I'd like you to add an equivalency rating of some sort with this weapon. Since it's an effective weapon against shields, compare one of these to a standard ion cannon and give me a rating. Something along the lines of "Worth as much as an ion cannon" or "Worth at least 2 ion cannons."
  • I want the description filled out. Give me a paragraph or two describe how exactly this weapon works and why it's so great at neutralizing shields.
Please make the requested edits and feel free to tag me when they're done. Thanks!

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills

Effectively, a more effective ion cannon. However, it compensates for this copious amount of firepower with less range, slower rate of fire, among other drawbacks. Looks good to me.

Awesome. Pending Secondary Approval. Thanks! [member="Jamie Pyne"]

Please adjust this submission to utilize the Ranged Weapon template.

Lokthra Dawning said:
Manufacturer: Dagobah Shipyards
Your company does not currently have the operations to make weapons. Please replace this with another manufacturer that does, or submit a modification request for the company so that it does.

Lokthra Dawning said:
"Ship and Vehicle parts Manufacturing"
Weapons/Starship weapons are a specific operation. Starship and Vehicle parts denotes the production of things such as: Reactors, engines, thrusters, and other parts that are essential to the operation of a starship or vehicle.

Diysuperguy33

Smarter than the average bear
[member="Nadja Keto"]

Please delete/archive and I shall pull it out in a few days after my company has expanded. Sorry for the confusion.

P.S Is striking a deal with a major faction grounds enough in terms of expansion to add that additional operation or would a dev thread still be needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom