Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Shield Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

img_7017__large_original.jpg

Image Source: http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608023638391392333&pid=15.1&P=0
Intent: To create a large shield generator for my troop ship
Development Thread: Here, not finished yet but will be mentioned in the design.
Manufacturer: Krayt Industries
Model: KI-SSG-MkI
Affiliation: One Sith and open market later
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: DuraSteel, and other shield components

Description: This is shield generator that can be mounted on a ship, which spans two kilometers. Giving people entering or leaving the ship, a large degree of protection. To be activated on ship it requires a lot of energy, thus the reactor would have to be channeled to it. Thus meaning the shield would have to be shut down first, before it take off. This would leave the ship vulnerable, for short period while the shield switch over to deflector shields.

Like all shields of this nature, it only stops energy weapons and fast moving objects. This means if fighters do cross it, they have slow down first before entering if sphere. Otherwise they would crash and burn, this also means fast moving weapons, and energy weapons can not be fired out of it either. The area of effect for this shield is two hundred meters, from the edge of the ship.

The shield generator takes up half the cargo bay of whatever ship it is on. The size of ship doesn't matter, because the bigger the ship, the bigger the field has to be, to be of any use. Given the power draw,size and weight, i'd like this limited to providing cover from up to heavy artillery only. It also is limited to cover only 200m from the ship.

sabrina

[member="Raziel"]

A standard deflector shield, only protects the armour of ship.
This is to be addition to that, when the ship has landed and rerouted power.
This would then protect troops coming in and out

Oh right, when you said:

This is shield generator that can be mounted on a ship, which spans two kilometers

I thought you meant it could be mounted on a ship two kilometres long.

How big is this?

What big is the ship it's going on?

It's going to have to have serious downside for the presumably large vessel it's mounted on.

sabrina

[member="Raziel"] slightly smaller than this one, but it`s only carrying a single legion rather than two. This shield is the main upgrade, I want for it. As it going to be a fort, during invasions, she had taken lessons from naboo.

Given the power draw and size and weight, i'd like this limited to providing cover from up to heavy artillery only. It should be limited to cover only 200m from the ship please.

It needs to have the caveat that it will take up half the cargo capacity of the vessel it's placed on, and that capability will need to be judged along with a vessel based on its size.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="sabrina"]

What [member="Raziel"] meant to say is that whenever a ship has such a shield generator installed 50% of its cargo capacity should be used to hold the generator in question. Tag me once you edited that in, por favor.

sabrina

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

Given the power draw and size and weight, i'd like this limited to providing cover from up to heavy artillery only. It should be limited to cover only 200m from the ship please.

​this was the bit I wanted clarification on

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="sabrina"]

Oh, right. My apologies - kinda got swamped under everything else.

He's basically saying that because of the power required for that kind of protection, the shield can't protect the entirety of the hull. His request was for you to copy-paste that into the description.

Tag me when you have edited it and I will check it over once, then probably stamp it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom