Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Shahku Sersaarai Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
XA1I4T8.png

Image Source: http://cgfelker.deviantart.com/art/Samurai-Imperial-Guard-Concept-346296091
Intent: Give the Shahku Sersaarai a special, symbolizing armor
Development Thread: Tip of the Spear
Manufacturer: Shahku Tribe
Model: Sersaarai Alpha Armor
Affiliation: Shahku Tribe Sersaarai
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Material:
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 23kg
Quality:
  • Blasters: Class 4
  • Lightsabers: Class 8
Special Features:
Description: When the decision was made to make an elite squad of protectors, they had to be outfitted to combat any threat that they could face. Unfortunately, the Shahku were not skilled in anti-blaster... anything. But they figured enough metal between the enemy and the Shahku Sersaarai, it had to be protective to some degree. As the Sersaarai would be trained to mostly combat Force Users and lightsaber-wielding foes, the armor would be alchemized so it would also be able to prevent lightsaber cutting to a degree, just like ancient Sith Swords, and allow it to never rust. However, just as much as the Sersaarai Saberspear, their armor must be maintained and protected, never to be lost. It also serves as a status symbol for the most elite of Massassi, mastering defense over offense.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Adzatsmam said:
Lightsabers: Class 8 Special Features: Alchemized Lightsaber and Corrosion Resistance
Generally speaking, any method of acquiring significant lightsaber resistance, either through use of a restricted material or alchemy, requires a development thread. Given this one's particular properties, it would probably be around 15 posts.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Really? I'm just curious... acquiring the ability to actually use weapon alchemy was acquired in a 40 some post Dev Thread (Not that I think that matters) and placed in a Tome for the SHahku Tribe to study from and I mentioned it on the Shahku Sersaarai SaberSpear and Braith and Spencer approved it without a Dev Thread. The only Dev sort of done for it was acquiring the crystals, which was just a single post.

I can do the dev, I'm just not sure why the SaberSpear was approved without one. Or does the finding the crystals count without the subject of alchemizing?
Sersaarai SaberSpear

Adzatsmam said:
I can do the dev, I'm just not sure why the SaberSpear was approved without one. Or does the finding the crystals count without the subject of alchemizing?
Every member of the factory staff has some slight variation in their opinions. A lot of times, if there's already some development behind an item (such as with the lightsaber crystals in your saber staff sub), we tend to be a little bit more lenient on these things. But the exact amounts of this leniency depends on the item in question.

Personal armors in particular tend to get a lot of scrutiny because of their effects in duels and their history at Chaos.

Tag me when the development thread is ready.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Just wanting to note; this is not personal and not for duels (Unless someone enters a place they are not allowed). It's strictly for the NPC unit, which I don't send out on fighting missions, and I will never sell these armors.

Adzatsmam said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

Just wanting to note; this is not personal and not for duels (Unless someone enters a place they are not allowed). It's strictly for the NPC unit, which I don't send out on fighting missions, and I will never sell these armors.
I can appreciate it that you're putting this together to help better flesh out a NPC unit and their equipment.

However, the process of obtaining lightsaber resistant armor, regardless of its intended use, will continue to require a development thread.

If you don't intend for these NPCs to ever get into combat with player characters, I might consider removing the lightsaber resistance if you're not up for the development thread right now.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I only wished to inform you that I would not be using this unit to go around fighting FU's and taking their stuff. Their sole purpose is to protect the wisest priest and the shahku tome, and they may not even do it well, especially if they lose the support from priests.

I am willing to do the dev, I had planned today, but I can't... sorry. Some more issues arose today and I only had the energy for one (I know, 10 posts, not a lot of energy... I'm just stressed.)

Dev will be here tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom