Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadows in the light

[member="Ben Watts"]

A old chill entered through the window, before playfully running through the cloak of man sitting motionlessly on the floor. Deep in meditation, Daxton contemplated the Force as he studied the patterns of fate through the use of Shatterpoint. It was clear as day to him that a major confrontation was coming soon and since he never ran from a challege, he decided to meet it head on.

Vjun was hardly the place one would expect such an event to occur but some how the acidic world seemed apt. With its ever dismal acid rain storms and holy poisonous plant life, e Sith rather felt at home here.

He came prepared not only with his lightsabers but with a wide assortment of other weapons and toxins as well as a nasty surprise or two for the man he expected to answer his call. It had taken a lt of time and money to track down the Jedi he hated the most in the galaxy but it was well worth it.

Perhaps hate was too strong a word, after all it inferred a certain degree of respect that he did not possess. No, the more appropriate word would be loath. Daxton despised Ben Watts as everything the hypocritical Jedi stood for. Thus he threw down the gauntlet without so much as a hint of hesitation. Today the Sith aimed to claim his pound of flesh and a whole,it more. Taking another deep breath, Daxton continued his silent vigil until he could sense the presence of his loathsome foe.

[member="Daxton Bane"]

The door to Ben's ship descended and he stood idly by waiting for it to stop. He was warned not to come here but Ben was not one to ignore such a message. It was not direct, of course, but Ben felt it through the force. He had spent much of his time meditating lately, he could not do much else, he had been recovering from his injuries sustained on Zeltros. But he was not as out of practice now as he was then. When the One Sith came he had been inactive for months, not even igniting his lightsaber to train, but now it was back to the daily grind. The Jedi needed him for this war, he took a back seat for once and let the new generation handle it, but when the time came he would be ready.

That was why he was here this day, on this terrible planet, to show that the Jedi were not weak. Maybe he was trying to prove it to everyone who had once looked up to him, that he was still relevant, that he could still hold his own. More than likely, though, he was proving it to himself. His thumb tapped the end of his lightsaber before he clipped it to his belt and he stepped onto the planet, closing his eyes, and looking for the man who had wished death upon him more than once. Daxton Bane.

He had improved, vastly, since the last time they had faced off. He remembered when the man had been merely an apprentice, so full of hate, he was almost beyond saving. He had heard rumors of his strength, how he had grown strong, he was no longer an apprentice but a Master who was renowned for his violence. These facts did not steer Ben in another direction. He had faced down the leader of the One Sith when they had arrived on Coruscant, and had it not been for the other Sith stepping in, he could have prevented so much bloodshed.

Soon, their force signatures met, and Ben knew that he was close. He made no attempt to hide himself from him, he wouldn't put an ambush past him, but he knew Sith better than they thought he did. The honor was in beating him one on one. He was not an arrogant man, but he was also not stupid, the Sith who slew him would gain an immense amount of glory. Some wanted him as a puppet, others wanted to convert him to the darkside, while most of them would enjoy kicking around his head like a soccer ball. He hated soccer, so, he did not intend to let that happen.

Stepping through a door, he saw the Zabrak warrior waiting for him, taking a few more steps before stopping and gazing upon him. "Been some time has it not?" he said, starting casual conversation, as if the man across from him did not hate everything about him. His hatred was strong, and Ben could feel it all around him, but he made no attempt to push it away. Trying to fight the darkside, most of the time, was a fruitless endeavor and would do nothing but piss the Sith off. He didn't like pissed off Sith. "You've gotten much stronger since we last fought. You darksiders grow up so fast." He dropped his hand down so that it was touching his lightsaber. He was not foolish enough to taunt a warrior without preparing himself for the repercussions.

[member="Ben Watts"]

Daxton smiled in reply, but made no move to reach for the sabers clipped on his belt. There was something distinctly different about the Zabrak, quite evident from the time they used to fight. There was a clear aura of calm as he opened his eyes to gaze at his hated foe, "Yes, it had been too much time, Master Watts. Where we once fought as apprentice against a master, now we are equals. Time for scales to balanced so to speak. I would offer some refreshment but I know you will view it only with blind superstition and fear. Before we begin as a mark of one warrior to another, do you have any special requests should you fall this day?"

[member="Daxton Bane"]

His hand calmed when he realized he was not going to lash out and he let it drop again by his side. A small smirk crossed his face as he began to pace the area, looking at the place he had chosen as their battleground. Bending down to inspect the plant life, he spoke. "For hating me so much you must know very little about me. I never turn down an offer of refreshment." He bent his knees and reached out with the force to a plant that looked much like a Venus Flytrap, but it was a purple color, and it seemed to glow. Ben reached out to touch it but it lashed out, trying to nip at his fingers. He knew not of the plant, but from the looks of it, he assumed it was poisonous.

"Very sweet of you to ask," He said, standing upright again, crossing his arms and looking across the way at Daxton. "If I were to die, I suppose the only thing I would ask is to return my body to Coruscant to be buried next to my family. I do not want to be some trophy to be displayed in a dark cave somewhere." He did not fear death, and that is why the subject did not bother him, and he answered it the same as any other question. "I would ask the same, but seeing as I do not intend to kill you, I feel it is not important. How about that drink or was that a joke?"

[member="Ben Watts"]

Gesturing with his right hand, he levitated a silver carafe from a nearby table before carefully pouring two cups of wine. Lifting the cup with telekinesis, he offered it to his companion before taking the other in his left hand. Lifting the cup to his lips, he savored the strong Corellian scotch as it burned down his throat.

"I trust it's not too harsh for your taste. Why do we speak of death and killing in such light tones? You mistake my intention. I have no desire to kill you at all." Pausing for the weight of his message to sink in. "I do have one desire and that is to test my blades against yours, in all out battle. Just you and me, no tricks, no interference. For far too long, you have been the standard I set myself against. You specter has driven me to study dark and forbidden paths. Now the appointed time is at hand, this is the convergence points of fates. Should I be defeated, I want to ask you one question. Promise me you will answer with complete honesty and I will be satisfied."

[member="Daxton Bane"]

Ben was not much of a drinker of alcohol, but he did not want to look like a fool after requesting it, so he took a sip of it after he grabbed it and he felt it sting his throat. He stood still as he spoke and he somewhat admired his desire. He had met many Sith, dark siders, whatever you wanted to call them, throughout the years and they varied greatly from person to person. Some were completely lost, bloodlust had taken over their every being, and the only thing they knew was pain and destruction. Some though, like Daxton, had a sense of honor when it came to battle. This was not about killing someone for power or fun, it was about proving he was better, that he had grown.

"Ah, so it is an issue of pride, then?" He took another sip of his drink and continued to walk around admiring the scenery. It was a vile planet, but, every planet had hidden gems. "I remember the first person I strove to defeat. I was not always the cool headed Jedi you know and love today. No, I was prideful, foolish, and I sought to prove myself at every turn. It was my Master, a Catharian Jedi Knight, the man who taught me everything I know. He used to scold me for challenging him to spars so that I could prove my worth. He used to say,"Beating me in a spar does not make you a better Jedi. It makes you reckless, short sighted, and proves that you do not understand what it means to truly be a Jedi.". Ben chuckled at the thought of his old Master, he was truly a Jedi, he died a pointless death.

"No real point to that story, I have just never told anyone, he became nothing but a fleeting memory in my head just as I will to you if you defeat me. But, of course, ask away. I am not known for my dishonesty."

[member="Ben Watts"]

"Then we are in accord, just as the fates have decreed it to me so long ago. Perhaps you old master was right, that this is all a futile exercise in pride. However you and I know words will not settle this. So any time you are ready we may begin." the Sith stood confidently, as his cloak billowed behind him, his hands deceptively calm at his side without reaching for his weapons, as the reflective face plate slowly slid into position over his visage in preparation for combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom