Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadows at Twilight

The simple auction had drawn him for the sole purpose of recovering the data that should never have existed. He had gone astray, true, but he would forever owe his life to the Disciple that had taken him in as a young man and he would have likely never have found redemption had it not been for his early lessons.

He left the auction, put on the cloak of shadows, and headed for the starport and the small tramp fighter he had come in. It was an old remodel of a Starlight-class light freighter bought under an alias at a junk yard on Ord Mantell but it would serve the purpose and then be dumped and other transport be found somewhere else.

He quickly boarded the vessel and released the cloak as he fired the engines. He had protected the secrets of the Disciples of Twilight and he was intent on burying the Datacron beside the only other Disciple he had ever known, the one that trianed him, Myr'ri.

He wasted no time in getting clearance to leave and lifted off. The sublight drives flared as the ship streaked away through the atmosphere. His first stop would be a floating Shadow port that travelled the Hydian way. Drop Point Station would be a good place to trade ships with someone or buy one if need be. Then on to Skye. With luck he'd not be missed before his duty was done.

[member="Talia Al Ghul"]

Amadalia Vyrn

A
The time that it took for [member="Talon Vosra"] to give over the proper deeds, sign off on ownership, and collect the datacron was all that Amadalia needed to slink into position.

The Shi'ido had so many different names, aliases, faces.... sometimes she would forget just how many lives she'd lived. It was an art to be able to slip and disappear amidst the crowd, and for Amadalia, it was second nature. The chaos of the auction provided the venue of disappearing in plain sight, the cloak of shadows flowing about her amidst the Quey'tek meditation.

Tracking a sentient like a shadow was something she'd dealt with before. And unless a sentient was sustaining revelation or had the racial ability to see what is unseen, she held the advantage.

At least, until he seemingly disappeared into thin air.

So, she used revelation, dropping the force cloak for the sole purpose of being able to see where he'd gone.

It didn't take long before she came upon a small tramp freighter. It's boarding ramp held open for her captain to seemingly sneak inside, obscured by the cloak.

In the crowd of travelers, she blended in, but not before she caught the name across the hull. The ramp soon began to close, the hydraulics lifting as the engines began to blare.

She had little choice.

Wrapping the cloaking abilities of the Disciples around her, the woman went shooting forward with a rush of speed aimed directly for the quickly closing ramp.

The thud and sound of her body rolling inside would seemingly be muffled by the loud hum of the engines.

Or would they?

[member="Amadalia Vyrn"]

The sound of the woman boarding was lost to Talon in the roar of the old engines. Had he taken the time for a proper warm up and flight check he may have caught it but as it was he hadn't heard. The engines continued the pace as the ship broke atmosphere and headed out into position for a jump to lightspeed.

He didn't take much time as the ship spiraled through space and stretched out toward his goal. He began the Quey'tek meditation ad a habit now as ships moved into and out of the landing que he couldn't risk being followed by someone who recognized his signature. The mark beneath his eye ached when his presenc disappeared and the words about the gift of the goddess coming with a price drifted across his mind.

Thoughts of destroying the datacron again crossed his mind as he held it. The navicomputer beeped it was done calculations for the jump and Talon slipped the small crystalline object back our of sight. He felt a stirring in the for like ripples from a rock striking the surface of a lake. He didn't know what it meant but he knew that the force had a hand in his trip. For millenia the Disciples of Twilight had worked behind the scenes they had stayed neutral in many conflicts but now for all he knew he was the last one, and he was barely half trained. A Jedi Master though he was called he still was a unskilled boy beside what Myr'ri was capable of. Skill that if held by Jedi or Sith could become very very prolific and very very dangerous.

He hit the hyperdrive activator and the stars streaked passed the viewport. Seconds late the small craft was gone and he was on his way to the mobile shadowport. If the force willed he would keep the datacron hidden from anyone who could misuse it or it would be destroyed. Talon closed his eyes and tried to meditate on rhe force for guidance but he couldn't shake the feeling of being followed. Perhaps he was paranoid or maybe he was just careful but either way he would have to consider making more stops and see if he could aquire a larger freighter for a better cover.

[member="Talon Vosra"]

Her footsteps would be muffled by the Force. Her signature undetectable; her presence naught but the faint whisper of air shifting down the long length of the corridor.

Like water, her body began to shift, peeling back skin, muscles rearranging, clothes darkening, her face turning paler, harder.... and a mask soon skinshifted seemingly itself over her face.

The luxury of being an elder Shi'ido is the ability to change not only one's body, but the appearance of clothing. In this, instead of the blonde, she was now a tall willowy brunette with a white ornate mask and a long dark grey cowl that shielded the upper half of her face.

The sudden jerk into hyperspace would relay to the woman just where they were at. So far, it appeared that it was only her and the bidder on the ship --- but she could not risk it.

So, she spent her time wandering the ship, mapping each level and room in her mind as she wandered like a ghost throughout the ship.

The bridge she would leave for last. She could not risk making a move too soon without a proper recon of the area. It would be against her favor to reveal herself only to find out there were others that could make her next actions problematic....

[member="Mystique"]

The Starlight-class light freighter "Starlight" was a rugged little ship. The cargo space was substantial able to hold 50 tons but the living space was able to hold only 5 including the pilot. Corridors were narrow and most conduits and pipes were naked to the eye. Talon kept the lights low despite his limited vision in such conditions both to help obscure the areas and to lower the power needed for the systems.

He stretched out with his feelings and tried to sense the ship with his mind. He took his data crystal out of his robe and sat it on the pilot's seat as he stood. He couldn't sense anyone but he had hours until he reached the first stop in his round about journey and a physical check would be best. His, nearly always, bare feet made no sound as he moved into the main corridor that led to the crew quarters. The tube like halls with the rounded bulkheads and overhead weree to dark for him to see with a Zelosian's eyes so he made an effort at Shadow vision. He closed his eyes and focused while he drew on the force for aid. As he opened his eyes he for nearly a full 30 seconds could see perfectly but as soon as quickly as he had it he lost his hold on the power. He would need to work on it when he got back to Ossus. Instead he walked blind using his senses to feel his surroundings. His lessons with Faalo's cadences had increased his spacial awareness exponentially and it was almost as if he could see the area but only within a few meters.

The smell of coolant and fuel said that either he had a small leak or someone had spilled some of the fluids during maintenance. For the breifest of momnets he thought he smelled something else, a cleaner smell the smell of soaps or an animals scent. He knew Kira smelled of citrus shampoos and other animals had various pheromones that were natural. His own kind had a sweet odor when close like a flower, but as quickly as he smelled it, it was gone. He didn't quite write it off but his mind instantly told him a female had done the restocking at the starport and he moved on toward the lower deck cargo bay.

He entered the cargo area and turned on the overhead lights. Several medium sized crates were huddled in the center of the large space. They were medical supplies and food stuffs he was using to complete his disguise as a simple freighter pilot. He walked to the back and slowly searched the nooks and crannies before he went back to the ladder well and climbed back up to the main deck. The pilot's quarters were on his left and he went in to change. He quickly removed his tunic and jedi attire and put on a pair of black trousers and grey button down shirt. He transfered his utility belt, the contents of his robes and put his lightsabers in his cargo pockets. He strapped on a blaster for looks and left to continue his sweep.

He would not get far.

"You have been trained in our ways, Jedi." the feminine voice would call out from behind [member="Talon Vosra"] 's form. Mystique, would be standing off to the right, needless to say, she'd gotten -quite- a show.

And well... near human's were certainly an interesting species. Zelosians, well... certainly were up to par it seemed.

At least she waited for him to finish before revealing herself. At least, in voice only, the Force cloak still active as it bent the light around her form.

"But it begs the question.... from whom?"

[member="Mystique"]

He stopped in his tracks at the sound of the woman's voice. Did he dare turn? Which ways did she mean? It didn't take him long to guess.

'You don't know if she's really a Disciple.' He told himself, 'play dumb your good at dumb.'

He didn't turn around. His vision was worse than usless in the low light. He could gauge her direction and distance however and the was enough. If she had been there the whole time. She had seen him change, presumably watched while he stripped to nothing and gotten into his disguise. If she wanted his life he would have likely lost it already. So it seemed she wanted something else...

"And who said I was a Jedi?" He said pretending to sound a bit insulted, "I'm just a simple man. Apparently giving free shows to stowaways."

Talon slowly raised his hands and turned toward where the voice had been.

"And I'm blind in this light so the cloak isn't necessary. I can't even see my nose."

[member="Talon Vosra"]

The cloak fell, perhaps as a show of good faith. Nonetheless, the woman spoke again. "Are you?" came her question. "There is nothing simple about a man bidding a ship for a holocron of a Force Organisation long dead."

She slowly began to walk in a semi-circle around him, studying him from under the shadow of her cowl.

"Then what are you?"

[member="Mystique"]

He didn't see the cloak fall he turned slightly to look more toward her but with out the force he saw only black. She knew of his bid and what he held in his possession. Their was no point in lying about his intentions.

"I'm a man who knows that some secrets are worth being kept." He said moving to correct tge direction he looked as she spoke again. "And some organizations do more good when people think they don't exist."

Talon folded his hands in front of himself so the woman could see what his hands were doing as listened for her steps. He heard nearly nothing more than the slightest brush of cloth on skin.

"As to what I am I've told you. My goal is to protect the weak from the strong thats all."

“And where did you learn that?” came her counter, her walk coming to a pause. “Words are easy to spill from the mouth but harder to commit to.”

Again she began to walk, coming to amble her way by him. There would be the slightest of breezes as her form went passing his, studying [member="Talon Vosra"].

[member="Mystique"]

He thought for a moment as he listened to her voice. It really made little difference if one person knew his history. He sensed she was wary, curious and determined. Three traits he had often shown himself. His emerald eyes flicked back and forth as the woman countered.

"Myr'ri of Skye taught me." Talon said at last. The question answered with as much information as required to call it a complete answer.

She was right words were cheap when they were all you had, but Talon had shown through his actions that he put others first. Even during his time with the Sith his sense of duty to the weaker people who could not defend themselves was strong. He had been misguided true but the mission and intent was the same. As a Jedi he had defended Citizens, younglings, and even accepted capture to save slaves of Graug. Every time he left his quarters he put the weak first. His one weakness, his one selfish feeling was his attachment to Kira. He had a rather amorous nature which was partially due to his peoples freeness with relationships, but Kira was someone he cherished as a dear friend, a confidant, and a secret love. Unlike others he would forgo a relationship as long as he could see her happy. He shook his his at his foolish inward tangent.

"You're right." He said as he felt her form pass his. The slightest of breezes brushed his skin. "Words mean little and I have only scars as proof of my sacrifices. What exactly do you want from me? I'm pretty sure you didn't go to the trouble of finding me just for a quick peek and a game of 21 questions, or was the peek worth it?"

He went back to leaning on humor as he thought of how to handle the situation. He couldn't see her and until he felt malice in her he saw no point in being combative. He was very curious just who she was. As far as he was aware he was the last Disciple left and Myr'ri had spoken of none, not even her own teacher.

[member="Talon Vosra"]

That cowl went twisting at his direction. Skye? Her eyes would narrow, mind processing that. Would disciples be there?

Myr'ri of Skye.

His series of question drew her from her thoughts. "What will you do with the holocron?' came her blunt question. "The protection of the knowledge of Twilight and her Disciples are what interests me."

She would come to a halt in front of him, her ability of low vision allowing her to see the faint shadows of his face, a manipulation of what bit of light there was.

"Non proliferation."

[member="Mystique"]

He could feel her as she moved about and as she mentioned the holocron he felt the burning beneath his right eye. A pale hand went to his head and he thought of what it could mean.

'The gift of the goddess comes with a price.' He thought as he looked to where he thought she was.

She had given him a direct answer and done him no harm. If she fought him for what he was about to say so be it if not then they would have much to discuss.

"I will either bury it with Myr'ri." he said plainly, "or destroy it. As far as I know i'm the only living Disciple left. My'ri never mention who taught her or if she taught others."

He dropped the Quey'tek Meditation and took a breath in and out as he felt the Sith Prophetess as if a whisper from a great distance. He shook his head and slowly began to fear just what the price may be for his gift.

'The needs of the many, Talon?' he heard her voice from somewhere in the depths of his mind, 'or the one, can you call yourself a Jedi and Disciple still?'

Talon closed his eye's.

"Some secrets are worth being kept." he said finally.

She bore her gaze upon [member="Talon Vosra"], searching, seeking.

"So... are you claiming to be a Disciple of Twilight?" came her next question. She couldn't be so sure that non proliferation was exactly what he was after.

Not in the wake of the sudden increase in blackmarket items for articles of knowledge. If this Mir'ri from Skye had taught him their ways...would there also be others?

On Skye?

This would have to bear further investigation.

[member="Mystique"]

"Yes." He said simply. He still couldn't see her his emerald eyes usless and the force currently unemployed. He didn't bother to try and convince her or list his positive proofs.

"If the holocron is your concern follow me and you can watch me deal with it." He said as he half turned to walk away. "You're already here after all."

"The holocron is my concern... more so on who the gatekeeper is." she admitted,willing to take his word for now.

"The Disciples are not gone; merely few in number. Our history... our culture... our ways are not meant to be abused in manners that Twilight did not intend them to be."

"I am one of few who seeks to protect this knowledge....and ensure that it does not fall into the wrong hands." she called out after him.

"...are you of the like mind?" following him.

[member="Mystique"]

"You've got the dark mysterious woman thing down really well ya know that?" Talon said as he walked. "Yes I agree the fact that there is a holocron concerns me almost as much as it being auctioned off like some toy for all to see."

Talon turned a corner and nearly bumped the wall.

"I want it safe or destroyed." He said trying to act like he could see, "there are far too many who abuse power as it is. Twilight's teachings must be guarded."

Humor would perk under the mask of the woman, unseen by [member="Talon Vosra"] but there nonetheless. Few have ever managed to bring out such a reaction from her.

He was in select company.

“Secrecy is what has allowed our ways to prosper,” she countered, “What had allowed the Disciples to protect the inhabitants of Dyspeth for centuries… until now.”

There was a note of melancholy in her voice, a pause, as if reminiscing. “We are few in number, scattered across the galaxy. Dyspeth has long since been ravaged by the Gulag Virus, those few who survived long gone.”

She heard the slight thud as he bumped along the wall. A low chuckle would follow before suddenly a manipulation of the Force would appear as a small speck of light in front of the Zelosian.

It was an orb of light, created by the Disciple, one of the many few token manipulations of Twilight’s Order.

The ability to create light out of nothing.

It would start out small, the size of a marble, before her extended hand and a subtle wave of her fingers would allow it to grow in size. It was as if luminescent currents would swirl into a sphere of energy, lighting Talon’s path so he would be able to see.

“...What we have now are imitators. Water downed manipulations of what we once were. Knowledge stolen from us. All they desire is to learn cloak of shadows, to disappear with the manipulation of the light…

But we are far more than just that.” she confided in him, the anonymity allowing her to reveal far more than she would normally.

“...So what are you? Talon Vosra? …. Who do you serve?”

[member="Mystique"]

Talon listened to her words and thought about the truth of them as he walked. Soon, however, a small soft light appeared in front of him and guided his way. He had not learned much of what the Mry'ri may have taught him before her death and that was a sad thing, but he did learn what she stood for.

"I can't tell you I'm any better with bending light than any of the pretenders you speak of, but I can tell you I'm not interested in gaining power or abilities." He said moving ever closer to the cockpit, "Like I said already I only want to protect people from the strong than would harm them, most of the people you're talking about want to become the strong that I'll eventually have to stand up to. My training as a Disciple was never finished, but the Goals were perfectly clear."

They neared the cockpit and the light from within began to show. His steps remained steady and he entered and sat down.

He didn't know if she would enter the dim cockpit but he left it to her.

"Thank you for the light by the way." mustn't forget his manners, "Zelosian eyes don't serve me well in the dark."

Curiousity would reflect behind the white mask the woman wore. The faint light would only be able to barely illuminate her willowy form, allowing only the lower portion of the alabaster and blue mask to be seen.

The dark grey cowl would start to cant lightly to the right, watching him closely.

“Nor does sugar react well with your physiology,” she stated, revealing herself to be educated at least in his physiology.

“So your training was never completed?” she asked in query, only to continue with, “Then just what do you know of Twilight’s ways?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom