Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship [Shadow Tech Industries] R&D + Manufacturing Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
2091.jpg

Image Source: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--TVhUDtTGfU/T6DbGWAdf2I/AAAAAAABFDI/P1oZfaAxX9I/s1920-d/2091.jpg (Star Trek)
Affiliation: Shadow Tech Industries - STI
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: Cube
Modularity: Yes (for a future cloak to be added)
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel
Classification: Frigate - Research and Development

Length: 400 meters
Width: 400 meters
Height: 400 meters

Armament: Standardized Load-Out
6 single "fast mount" Ion cannons
16 Flack Guns (Defense)
16 Laser Cannons (Defense)
16 Point Defense Guns (Defense)

Hangar: (2) 50 meter freighters

Special Features:
Aeroponic section for growing consumables
R&D Facilities
Manufacturing Facilities

Standard Non-Combative Attachments:
Communications Array
Encryption Network
Escape Pods
Holonet Transceiver
Standard Deflector Shield
Standard Detention Cells
Standard Life Support Systems
(2x) Tractor Beams

Specialized Non-Combative Attachments:
Dedicated Energy Receptor
Hyperwave Signal Interceptors
Mandal Hypernautics Emergency Vector Thrusters (Star Wars Chaos item)

Maneuverability Rating: 10
Speed Rating: 10
Hyperdrive Class: x3

Strengths:
Unlimited Consumables

Weaknesses:
Weak Armor
Weak Firepower
Slow Hyperdrive (Civilian Model)
Small Hangar

Description: Instead of building its facilities on the planets surface, Shadow tech Industries instead, opted to simply build them in the form of ships. This gave the company great flexibility to move wherever they wanted without the expense of having to transfer land based operations from one location to the next. The goal here, was to make 1 large vessel to house all of it's operational interests. The vessel would be divided into 8 areas.

1. Rifles
2. Pistols
3. Melee Weapons
4. Armor
5. Cloning / Raw Materials Prep
6. Tools / Misc.
7. Poisons / Tranquilizers
8. Warehouse (Storage of raw materials, and finished products awaiting transport)

Essentially, the whole ship, is a R&D and manufacturing facility with a few ship parts attached. They went with bare necessities on almost all the ship aspects to ensure there was plenty of space for STI to carry out its research and manufacturing.

Two areas they didn't skimp on though was stealth, and consumable. Considering the secretive nature of STI projects, they wanted it to be very difficult to ever find the facilities. So although a Hybridium cloak is meant to be installed. Due to certain restraints, it can't be presently. But space has still been made to allow a cloak to be added in the future. The double blind is of little consquence to STI as it was assumed almost nothing would be able to find them anyway. And since it wasn't a war vessel in any way, it would never be going on the offensive to attack. As it was, the ships could barely even defend themselves unless it was against smaller vessels. Until the ship received its cloak, it would simply change locations periodically to keep anyone from actually getting a fix on it. And thus able to make plans to raid it.

The other area was consumables. To cut down on traffic going to and from the ship as much as possible. An Aeroponic section was installed on board to grow all the food the crew required. This not only led to a happier crew who were constantly supplied with fresh food, but it meant they could effectively operate permanently away from any supply lines. That is until resources for their products ran out. Raw matierals would still need to be shipped in somewhat regularly.

Development Thread: N/A
Intent: To create R & D Labs, and manufacturing centers for Shadow Tech Industries that are both mobile, and difficult to find.
Who Can Use This: Ice

[member="Ice"]

Hello there, nice sub! :)

First of all, please change the Image credit to "Star Trek: The Next Generation" or whichever this is from. The credit has to show who it is from and not just be a link to the image please.

A cloaking device will require significant development threads, at least 20 posts. I also believe it could well be beyond the means of a tier 1 company to develop/purchase/operate. If you can justify government/faction funding for the project, I'd be willing to let the stealth go ahead with a solid development thead.

These could have a lot of staff in them. They're 500m cubed. If we assume a normal floorplate has ~4 people per 10m^2, and each floor was 5m high, you could support millions of employees with these 8. I'm not sure that's right for your size of company?

I'm going to ask for some expertise from the company side of the factory

[member="Danger Arceneau"] if you could be so kind and provide some advice?

Hey [member="Raziel"] ,

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! :) I went ahead and added the "Star trek" in the image credit. I honestly don't know which one it's from though. lol

The company is being funded by Shadow Empire. The reason is, many pieces of tech that come out of this company are SE exclusive. Thus, the reason for the funding. I also did get this approved by the SE leader [member="Tiberius Rex"] . I'm also about to submit STI to be upgraded to a Teir 2 company shortly after one or two more of my products get the secondary approval.

As for the size of the cubes, (i totally see what you're talking about, but let me explain) most all the manufacturing is done by machines. So huge portions of the vessels will be unmanned. Most of the personnel is going to be maintenance crews for the ship, and the R&D scientists.I was figuring around maybe 10,000 people total. Perhaps 1,000 crew for the ship. 2,000 STI employees devloping and making the equipment. Does that reasonable?

Also what I was thinking was these ships wouldn't be filled with equipment yet. Think of them like office buildings that haven't had companies purchase floor space yet. These ships are an investment for the future. As the company increases in size and products made, they expand operations into the floors that haven't been filled in just yet. So essentially, since the company is small, the vast majority of possible floor space to use will be empty. I hope I was able to explain in well. Some times I can ramble. lol

As for the cloak. I would basically just be purchasing it through Mandal Hypernautics. Can you please explain how I could make a dev thread off that? (Being honest here, not sarcastic. I have no idea how to go about making a dev thread on a simple purchase. lol)

[member="Ice"]

I'll discuss the scale of this fleet for a company with someone with more expertise shortly, please bear with me. They're still absolutely monstrous in size. I believe one would be suitable for you company at most.

Also please see your PMs re:manufacturer. You will need to find a new one I'm afraid.

Any ship with this kind of cloaking technology requires development threads. This could be in the form of a thread where you meet and discuss the purchase of the systems as well as installation on these vessels. You could also describe how they deal with the clear issues of this cloaking device: double blind cloaking. You could also include the Government of the Shadow Empire providing the funding for this, and justification of how this does not break competition laws. (Governments don't typically fund companies directly, they purchase contacts)

Np on the scale. ....actually never mind. In the ship building rules, my tier can only have up to 500 meters of ship. So scratch that and drop this sub to 1 cube with all aspects inside the one vessel.

Interesting ideas on the dev thread. Thanks! :) Also Ice is the Shadow Hand or #3 in the empire. So that might also help to explain the ease of funding.

[member="Raziel"]

I've now discussed with a Judge more familiar with company rules. Even one of these things is going to be too much to justify at tier 1:

[SIZE=10.5pt]Tier[/SIZE]: (How big is your corporation? [SIZE=10.5pt]Max:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] 2[/SIZE] This is done on a scale of 1-6, with 1 being a very small company, generally producing only a handful of goods at a time, with very little support or influence in the galaxy. Think mom and pop shop. 5 is a big, big name in the galaxy. Each Tier is exponentially larger than the last, so a Tier 3 Corporation could have one or two Tier 2 corporations as subsidies without a problem.)

Companies may own and operate a realistic amount of non-combat starships where maximum length per ship = ( Tier Number x 1000 ) / 2

If you reach Tier 2, you can find a manufacturer for this and it would be appropriate to have one vessel, or a similar vessel already in existence. You could then try and justify the purchase. I suggest you head to the expo and try and find something on sale to use a manufacturing plant for now http://starwarsrp.net/topic/38764-ssb-semi-annual-auctions-and-expo-is-back-nov-1st/

....I guess i don't understand. I'm asking for the limit of what my tier is allowed (not beyond it) and you're still saying no? Remember my company is government funded. I'm confused as to what the problem is, based on what you posted. Can you please clarify?

Edit: Also, per a deal made with Mandal Hypernautics, I am dropping the size of the one vessel to 400x400x400 instead. Does that help?

[member="Raziel"]

You have to be able to justify the vessel in-character. Ignore the actual rules for a moment.

Tier 1 is very small, like a shop on the street or a single small factory. It is more to do with the fact that this level of manufacturing is a scale above your tier.

If you drop the Hybridium cloak and your company is on the way to tier 2, I'd be willing to let you go ahead with this. I need to check you've gained permission from Mandal this time.

Done!

Cloak dropped, the company is on it's way to tier 2 (the only reason it's tier 1, is because I have to start it there. I would have preferred tier 2 or 3 to start), and even the size has been reduced by 20%.

He does have IC reasons for this scale as well. He is #3 in the faction. For matters of voting on faction issues, his vote is equal to the emperor and empress of the faction. So a very powerful person in his small corner of the galaxy. lol The company is government funded, in no small part due to his position in the faction, to make new tech for the imperial armies. So although tier 1, i wouldn't say a shop on the street. haha

Anywho, hope this helped. And glad we were able to work it all out. Thanks for your time! :)

[member="Raziel"]

Approved, pending secondary. Thank you for your patience.

Please note, the size of a company is something on its own. If you're using your position in a government to push funding to a company, I'd expect another company to start legal proceedings soon ;) Keep working on those contracts and threads to push for a higher tier.

oh dang! my bad! i forgot that link. removing it now.

Edit: Fixed. Sorry about that. i changed it everywhere else and forgot the link. Derp.

[member="Raziel"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom