Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech [Shadow Tech Industries] Mirage (Active Camo Suit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pic1.png

The suit as it looks before the photo-reactive fiber is overlayed on top of it.

mgs48.jpg

The suits ability after the photo-reactive fibers have been added

Image Source:
http://www.crydev.net/uploads/mediapool/nkurbanr_050909/pic1.png
http://www.futuregamez.net/ps3games/mgs4/mgs48.jpg
Intent: To create a medium armor, active camo suit that come as close to having cloaking technology without requiring the actual cloaking devices.
Development Thread: Shadow Tech Industries - Developing the Mirage Active Camo Suit
Manufacturer: Shadow Tech Industries - STI
Model: Mirage
Affiliation: Shadow Empire
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Different portions of a Greater Calama, composites, Photoreactive Fiber.
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 10 kg
Quality: 9 (against blasters), 5 (against slugthrowers)
Special Features: Active camo, fire proof, extremely resistant to blaster fire
Description: This suit is a scouts best friend. Or a hunters, assassins, bounty hunters, or any number of other types of peoples best friend for that matter. Our scientists at STI worked extremely hard to bring you this unique piece. They started with the skin of a Greater Calama. As the creature is able to travel naturally through fire and even molten lava, this suit is right off the bat, fire proof. The natural properties of this skin being what they are, also make it extremely resistant to blaster fire. To the point of being on par with durasteel armor.

The benefit to this, is a lightweight alternative to durasteel, but still maintaining the same strong protection. For added resistance, we added plates to cover major portions of the body and armor weave to cover the rest. The plates are made from the Greater Calama's own shell. This adds a good deal bit of weight, considering how light it would be without it, but the trade off was felt to be worth it. The reason, is, although the hide is extremely resistant to fire and blaster weapons, it's still just a hide. Slugthrowers will still make quick work of it without the plates.

In order to maintain the flexibility and light weight though, these plates were only put across key areas, while leaving the rest open. The final, and most important part of the suit is the photo-reactive cloth overlay added over every inch of the suit, including the plates. Although not as perfect as a personal cloaking device, it is lightyears better than normal camo. (Source of technology here)

Strengths:
Active camo
Resistant to blasters

Weaknesses:
Expensive
Extremely vulnerable to slugthrowers
Photo-reactive fiber shows damage easily. So if hit by a blaster, there would be a circle with no active camo, where the round hit.

[member="Ice"]

For approval without a dev thread:

Remove stealth feature.

For approval it a dev thread:

Do a thread of no less than ten post development thread for the acquiring of the creature or link a thread showing purchase and the thread for who acquired the creatures. and another ten post to aquire the stealth or build the armor prototype.

Thank you for the hard work you put into this.

Here is the link for the purchase of the creature. I don't know where her thread is for where she got them...
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/37506-aels-hidden-menu-sithspawn/page-2

As for the dev thread for the fiber. Could you please explain what part needs a dev thread? Because I checked the restricted items list, and this item was not listed. It is a canon item and has been around for hundreds of years. And I'm not doing anything exotic with it. I'm simply attaching it as an overlay. A process no more difficult than sewing and applying glue. I have already said, it is not as good as a personal cloaking device. I even showed a picture of its ability. Anyone paying attention will be able to spot something is amiss.

Essentially this isn't new technology at all. And is in fact, just a few basic items (leather, hardened armor plates, and fabric), put together in totally standard ways.

I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm wanting to see it from your perspective.

[member="Ordo"]

[member="Ice"]

I hear ya man I really do. So here is the deal. The factory judges all sat down and had a long pow wow about what needs a dev and what doesn't and good ol' Danger made us a list of the agreed items. On that list was stealth tec, if it has stealth it needs a dev. This is for everyone not just cuz crusty old Ordo got this idea or whatevs. We are just trying to keep things uniform across the board. Now as far as the dev goes we just want to see quality over quantity so a ten post thread that gives aome thought to it is worth as much as a thirty post thread, know what I mean? Also because the thread is not visible anymore I have the quote for you.

factory judges said:
This is an optional reference guide for Factory judges to use when determining if a Tech Sub requires a Dev thread. It is a compilation of what we have commonly seen on average requiring one. (Based off this thread) Post count and quality is still up to the Factory Judge, but feel free to ask if anyone has any questions.

The addition of new guidelines to the list that need a Dev thread will require a discussion among the judges and admin approval as they come up.

I will be maintaining this thread and will update once approval from an Admin is given.
Factory Dev Thread Resource Guide
  • Anything created with restricted Items. ( IE A. The mining resource thread or B. Link to purchase of restricted item along with the sellers original resource mining thread.)[/*]
  • Anything beyond a canon precedence that does not have at the very least, three reasonable and balanced weaknesses to prevent powergaming.[/*]
  • Warships over 1500m.[/*]
  • Flagships.[/*]
  • Stealth Tech.[/*]
  • Powerarmor.[/*]
  • Force Artifacts or Holocrons ( Not including personal holocrons).[/*]
  • Any item that is alchemized beyond an existing canon precedent. [/*]
  • Any Force nullification items without reasonable weaknesses.[/*]
  • Moving / creating of a new Company Headquarters.[/*]
  • To start a subsidiary of a Tier V+ company at III.[/*]
  • To start a company with an abnormal amount/unrelated operations.[/*]
  • To become the owner of a canon company.[/*]

• So that is why bro. Stealth = Dev

Dev thread done! :) We're at 12 posts now, and have it developed. Because we actually started having fun with it though, the thread will go on and include a testing phase. More than likely it will be over 20 posts long before it's done. Still, you said ten, so I wanted to update you when your requirement had been met.

[member="Ordo"]

[member="Ice"]

Alright I want to mention that you have used the skins of the Greater Calama in quite a few submissions now and you should probably do a thread to acquire more. This is minor production and it would take quite a few of those creatures to satisfy the thousands of suits that minor production implies. I am going to put this as pending approval but the final say will go to the staff. I personally don't see your company being able to meet the need and I am sure your supplier [member="Rave Merrill"] would agree. However, since you did what I asked and I didn't warn you of the numbers in advance I will stamp this and if it causes a problem I will report it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom