Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadow Raven - Stealth Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
starcraft_ii_battlecruiser_by_xcreepingdeathx-d35xnar.jpg

Note: A new sub was used as the other ship was an assault frigate. This is a support frigate to better account for all the tech and lack of weaponry.

Image Source: http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/363/c/c/starcraft_ii_battlecruiser_by_xcreepingdeathx-d35xnar.jpg
Affiliation: Ice
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: Shadow Raven Mark I (Command Vessel)
Modularity: Yes
Production: Unique
Material:
Armor Plating Outer Hull – Echani Graphite reinforced Ultrachrome
Inner Hull and Bulkheads - Durasteel
Spine and Frame – Beskar
Nonstructural elements – Alusteel

Classification: Stealth Support

Length: 400 meters
Width: 400 meters
Height: 125 meters

Armament: Standardized Load-out (Support, Frigate)
10 Ion Cannons
16 Flack Guns (Defense)
16 Laser Cannons (Defense)
8 Point Defense Guns (Defense)

Hangar: Standardized Load-out (Support, Frigate)*

Standard Non-Combative Attachments:
Communications Array
Encryption Network
Escape Pods
Holonet Transceiver
Standard Deflector Shield
Standard Detention Cells
Standard Life Support Systems
3K40 Targeting System
(2x) Tractor Beams

Specialized Non-Combative Attachments:
Rampart-Class Anti Concussion Generator
220-SIG Tactical Sensor Jamming Device
Socketguards
Dedicated Energy Receptor
Hyperwave Signal Interceptors
Stygium Crystal Cloaking Device
Thrust Trace Dampener
Gravitic Modulator
Nightshadow Coating (Outer Hull)
MandalTech Advanced Hyperdrive (Star Wars Chaos item)
Mandal Hypernautics Overdrive Engines (Star Wars Chaos item)
Mandal Hypernautics Emergency Vector Thrusters (Star Wars Chaos item)
Electro Magnetic clamps
20 Cargo Containers
* Docking Clamps

Maneuverability Rating: 10
Speed Rating: 8
Hyperdrive Class: 0.6
Minimum Crew: 400
Optimal Crew: 900
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermatter Reactor
Passenger Capacity: 100
Cargo Capacity: 2,000 metric tons
Consumables: 10 Months

Strengths:
- Armor plating able to defuse heat from incoming energy weapons over entire hull
- Highly resilient to kinetic damage from mass-drivers and concussion missiles
- High degree of structural integrity
- Active Visual Camouflage
- Nearly undetectable by most forms of sensors

- Defense guns have full range of coverage and are able to engage targets with AA from all approach vectors.
- High speed at the cost of maneuverability
- Able to jam enemy communications

Weaknesses:
- When cargo containers are loaded and attached to the underbelly, speed drops by 1.
- Small interior cargo hold.
- Limited Capital Weapon Fire Arcs. (Left, Front, Right)
- Must move at slower than maximum speed to optimize stealth.
- All capital guns are Ion cannons.

- With more importance placed on fighter/bomber defense and technology, the ship has the offensive capability of a Corvette instead of a Frigate.
- Vulnerable to rear attack.
- No ability to inflict actual physical damage on other vessels with its capital guns.
- No dedicated Hangar Bay for support vessels. Save for one bay able to house a single ship up to 50 meters for repairs.
- * Docked support fighters/bombers and/or gunships out in the open, and easy targets to return fire.

- * Support vessels take longer to load up and deploy, due to the fact that they are only connected by docking clamps, and don't have dedicated hangar space.

Description:
This ship is a hunter. She stalks her prey quietly and patiently. Never heard and rarely seen until it is too late to escape. She is built to take severe hits and keep right on going. Rare and expensive Ultrachrome armor plating and Anti-Concussion Generators protect her outer hull from a great deal of damage. Even when this armor system is overwhelmed, a spine and frame made of Mandalorian Iron holds this hunter together as she continues to engage her prey.

Defenses:
Hull Cutaway - Her inner hull may only be made of Durasteel, but above this, an outer hull of Echani Graphite reinforced Ultrachrome plating is capable of diffusing a great deal of heat and energy over the entire hull before failing and allowing the underlining inner hull of Durasteel to be damaged. The interior walls of the ship may only be Alusteel, but a Beskar spine and frame ensures that the core of the ship remain intact even after withstanding grievous damages. Reinforcing this physical protection is a system of Rampart-Class Anti-Concussion Generators that help lessen the damage potential of kinetic weapons like mass-drivers and concussion warheads that happen to strike the armor or hull of the frigate. Insulation and grounding wires, which help to absorb Ion Cannon fire, complete the defense network.

Offense:
All Ion Cannons have a left, right, and/or front fire arch. This ship is susceptible to being flanked, and is unable to respond to attacks from the rear without turning the whole ship around to face the threat. Even then, with only ten Ion cannons for an offensive punch, she packs about as much a sting as a corvette. And still can't actually destroy another vessel with its big guns as much stun it into submission. Instead relying on its stealth, defense, and complete surprise to overwhelm its victims.

Cargo:
Although rated at 2,000 metric tons of interior storage capacity. Ice had electromagnetic clamps installed on the underbelly of the ship. In the event a ship with large amounts of cargo was captured. The cargo could be transferred to the cargo containers on board and then transferred via tractor beams to be attached on the underside of the ship, mid section. Although allowing the vessel to now carry much more than it would normally be able to. It left the ship vulnerable to being overtaken and/or outflanked by much larger ships, as it was now even slower than normal.

Electro Magnetic Clamps:
Along the underbelly of the ship, lie 20 groups of electromagnetic clamps. What these are is a duo of technologies. The first is the electromagnets. These magnets hold the cargo containers mentioned above securely to the hull of the ship. In the event of power failure, the secondary measures engage. The clamps are joined with small power supplies, so that if the electromagnets failed, they would clamp down on the cargo containers so they don't float away.

* Docking Clamps:
To save massive amounts of space on the ship. Docking clamps (such as the one Han Solo used to dock to the destroyer) were installed on the bottom of the frigate in the bow and stern sections of the vessel. This allowed the frigate to still have support craft while also having space for stealth technology on board. The trade off was much slower speeds of getting support craft deployed. As well as the support craft being extremely vulnerable to enemy fire from below.

Mandal Hypernautics Overdrive Engines
(+2 Speed at the cost of -2 Maneuverability while activated. Changed from +/- 1 to +/- 2 due to the new 20 point speed scale)
((Makes Speed 6 and Maneuverability 12 for a short while.))

Development Threads:

119 posts between 6 unique writers

Echani Graphite
Purchase order While not required. I just wanted to show the materials were in fact purchased. (4 posts)

Ultrachrome
(Part 1) Just having a drink – This was a social thread which eventually became the set up leading into the main Ultrachrome thread. (53 posts)
(Part 2) Will the real assassin please stand up (39+ posts)
1,500 tons of Ultrachrome was awarded.

Beskar
Purchasing it from Captain Larraq. See "Materials Purchase Agreement" below for details.

Stygium Crystals
(Part 1)The Duchess' Lair – Like the “Ultrachrome Part 1” thread. This sets up for the main Stygium thread that was to come soon. The posts that count start at post 34. (23 posts)
(Update) Was going to do the raid, but then the other writer took a permanent LOA. So I'm just going to purchase it as well. See "Materials Purchase Agreement" below for details.

Materials Purchase Agreement (Agreed to in PM):

Total cost of ship paid to Mandal Hypernautics - 30,000,000.00 credits
500 tons of Beskar in exchange for 550 tons of Ultrachrome.
Stygium Cloak and rest of equipment purchased with credits.
Ice has agreed to work 5 missions for Hyperion Security free of charge, to show his willingness to work with his Mandalorian vod and not against them.

Mandal Hypernautics dev threads for mentioned resources:

129 posts between over 20 writers
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/28032-false-flags-new-order-mandos-league-of-red-skirmish-on-aeten-ii/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/19459-needs-more-dakka/

Intent: This ship is meant to be Ice's personal raiding vessel and home away from home.
Who Can Use This: Ice

[member="Ice"]

Under Review

Preliminary Observation:
Things need a weakness. The more specialized something is, the weaker the other areas need to be. Right now this is set to have top-tier durability AND stealth, which are generally mutually exclusive.

As well, you list the same weakness twice

Ice said:
- All capital guns are Ion cannons
Ice said:
- No ability to inflict actual physical damage on other vessels with its capital guns.
The Rampart-class anticoncussion field was noted as being prohibitively expensive and required too much power to operate. Given that the one example of it is on a planetary installation, there's no way it'll fit on a frigate that's already got all this other tech. That'll have to go, or you're going to have to gut a lot of the stealth tech from it.

Hey Ayden.
Thanks for coming to review my sub. I appreciate it. Now as for your concerns.
The rampart class anti concussion field example I used wasn't for planetary defense. Its was for a building, a prison. I actually scaled it in AutoCAD and my ship is more than large enough to fit the device. Also the ship has many weaknesses to account for its two strengths. As noted it is good in defense and stealth, yes. But really is horrible at offense without complete surprise, it is slower than usual, its support craft are vulnerable to counter attack, there is no dedicated hanger space outside of one small repair bay, limited fire arcs and the list goes on.

I mean I basically have 2 advantages at a cost of 7+ disadvantages both large and small. The vessel is a support ship. Those are designed to carry more tech. And again, the huge hangar space support ships normally have has been axed to further allow for the tech requested, which was also cut down per the previous judges suggestions. The prohibitively expensive part was in regard to using it on a wide scale for all prisons. Credits shouldn't be an issue as the price was already agreed and Ice can easily afford that. Plus I have put a LOT of work into this ship. Combined, I believe there is close to 250 posts for this ship.

Edit: As for power, it is a support ship. They are designed to handle the extra power requirements. I even put in a hyper matter reactor to boost the power further. And there are hardly any guns sucking up power that way. It also a unique ship. I only got the one. lol

With all of this is mind, can I respectfully request you to reconsider please? Have I not earned this yet?

[member="Ayden Cater"]

[member="Ayden Cater"]

Hmm, ok. Since space is admittedly not an issue, how about a compromise? Considering the amount of work in this ship already, and what I have given up to allow room for the extra tech (No hangar, small cargo hold, reduced consumables). What do you think about this to make it more realistic.

Option A:
Simply add a secondary power source. Could even make it another Hypermatter Reactor just to cover our bases. This would also add additional risks to the ship considering what type of reactors they are.
Edit: Also it should be noted that the anti concussion field generators themselves are actually quite small. It's the power source that takes up the space. but since i have made room for that, the secondary reactor shouldn't be an issue. Option A is also my preferred option. Nevertheless, I present option be next.
StarsEnd-EGWT.jpg

Option B:
We could say that when the rampart is in use, the power drain would mean I cannot engage my overdrive engines. So basically extra protection for lack of speed, or less protection for increased speed. Could make for some fun RP decisions.

Thoughts? :)

Edit again: Or how about this.

Option C: Though the one that makes the least sense. Allow me to install the rampart for now, even though I don't have enough power for it. And I'll go ahead a develop a new compact power source to fit in as a secondary reactor later if you now feel I don't have the space. It'll basically be there but not usable without shutting down most my other systems. But again, in the future I'll be able to add a secondary power source once I have developed it, or purchased it from someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom