Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SFCMA - MKI

Armor Image
8445328303_d53e506a83_o.jpg
Image Source: Halo 4 Master Chief armor,
Intent: To create a heavy powered armor that resembles Mandalorian armor, with Anor's own spin on it.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: S
Model: Strike Force Commando Mandalorian Armor - Mark I (SFCMA - MK I)
Affiliation: Reclaimer
Modularity: Utility belt, weapon load out (only those can be changed)
Production: Unique
Material:
  • Durasteel
  • B'sant
  • Beskar
  • Titanium
  • Armorweave
  • Muscular Fiber Body Glove
  • Hydrostatic Gel
  • Hydroabsorbant cloth
  • Pressure seal
  • Hydraulics
  • Repulsors
  • Electromagnets
  • Magnetic razor strips
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 60 kgs
Quality: 9
Strengths:
  • Lightsaber Resistance
  • Blaster Resistance
  • Slugthrower resistance
  • Multi-layered body glove
    Armorweave protects against blaster fire.
  • Muscular body glove enhances strength of the wear by five times.
  • Hydrostatic Gel keeps wearer cool in hot places, and hot in cool places.
  • Hydroabsorbant cloth absorbs sweat, or other bodily fluids and lets them drain out from the wrists, neckline, and ankles. Keeping sweat away from the body. Increasing the internal climate control.
  • Pressure Seal keeps everything water tight so water can't get in. as well as keeps air in the suit.

[*]Hydraulics and Repulsors in the boots increase jump height, as well as provide a "double jump"
[*]Hydraulics and Repulsors in the forearms allow for increased strength in the arms themselves as Crushgaunts only provide crushing power in the hand alone.
[*]Repulsors in the back provide stability with the jetpack, as well as can be used to increase sprint speed. Activating them during a sprint will provide a boost of power to send the wearer forward at a faster pace at risk of running into something, or even having a mishap like falling over or tripping.
[*]Electromagnetic coils in the boots provide a magnet to be activated. Allowing to be standing on a magnetic or conductive material.
[*]Magnetic Strips on the thighs and back allow for storage of weapons in those areas.
Weaknesses:
  • More resistance for items, means heavier thicker armor.
  • Heavy armor means harder to move in for long amounts of time.
  • Hydrostatic Gel can overheat. If placed in too hot of an environment for a long period of time, the Gel has a chance of popping and breaking the pressure seal. If the gel gets too cold, then it would start to freeze the wearer after a time. With freezing, and the hydrostatic gel having water in it, it expands. Meaning it can break and puncture the gel. Allowing it to leak into the suit.
  • Hydraulics can be worn down or crushed as made out of durasteel to save on the weight. (easier to break or damage than beskar)
  • Hydraulics have a water/chemical mix. If in cold temperatures for too long, they can freeze up, and instead of helping the wearer, it can greatly prohibit the wearer.
  • Repulsors are not strong enough for sustained flight, and are only used for the "double jump" feature, and for speeding up charges, or moving in a different direction in a dash.
  • Magnetic straps on the thighs can be used to hold a lot of stuff. But when close to conductive items of magnetic forces, the wearer could be a little stuck.
  • Electricity is ran through the entire suit to operate all the systems within the suit. If an EMP goes off, the wearer is stuck in the suit unable to move until the suit has been restored.
  • The suit may provide extra power, strength and stamina, that doesn't mean that the body can handle that kind of stress all the time. Causing bruising, even broken bones after use because of the wearers choices.
  • While the armor may provide high protection, being thrown around by force users, heavy blows from blunt objects, and even crushing with the force can still happen. There is little to no resistance for these items. If the wearer is thrown through a wall, then they will likely survive, but they will end up with bruising, broken bones, and the like.
  • Physical chinks in the armor are open to well placed blaster shots, slugthrowers, and lightsabers. Mainly the hips, elbows, shoulder, small of the back, and the back of the knees are open.
  • Electricity is bad for the suit. Should an excess of Sith Lightning, or any outside source of electricity be used against the suit, it will short out and go into a state of overload where the suit will contract on itself. The muscle fiber weave will contract on the wearer and the hydraulics will extend and contract rapidly much like a person having a spasm attack.
  • The wearer can't really sneak around with large heavy armor.
  • WIth the suit being very heavy, thin materials to stand on won't hold. THe armor makes him heavy enough to literally sink in soft ground.
HUD Layout:
  • Nightvision
  • Darkvision
  • Lowlight Imaging
  • Infrared
  • Armor output
  • Motion sensor
  • Ally/Enemy tagging system
  • Mapping system
  • Encrypted Communications link
  • Microbinoculars
  • Holo Recorder
  • Domelights (one on each side of helm)
  • Oxygen Filtration System
Description:

Head:
The head has numerous HUD applications upon it, as well as in the back of the helmet a small chip that allows for the insertion of data, or the retrieval of holo vids, data, mapping systems, or even adding on new HUD modifications (needs Dev thread/Edits made to this sub). With the Dome lights being activated automatically at a dimness level, this can be turned off if necessary. B'sant, an opaque and stronger version of Transparasteel is used for the visor, as well as the framing of the glass is used by titanium to keep it all together. The outside is actually glossed over to be reflective and help aid in protecting the eyes from bright lights, glares, and even some smaller explosions.

Arms:
On the forearms and hands are a set of Crushgaunts that increase the strength of the wearer five times their normal strength. As well, the crushgaunts have a very high resistance to lightsabers that even allow the wearer to physically grab onto a blade without fear of being cut. This brings up an advantage in saber combat to allow the wearer to have some control over a situation in a fight with a force user. The Beskar used to create the armor is very heavy and yet very durable

Legs:
The legs are also made out of beskar. However, the repulsors are placed inside the boots. The repulsors can be activated in air to either provide a second jump, or used when falling to slow the descent of the wearer. The repulsors are not powerful enough to allow sustained flight, and can only enhance a jump an extra two meters. (normal sized jump + two meters with double jump) Housed in the wide boots are electromagnets. In essence, particular pieces of durasteel are placed in points on the boots, that when a wrapped coil has a charge pass through it causes magnetism. Allowing the wearer to stick to metallic, or magnet attracted items. So chestplates, metal floors, outside of a ship. They will adhere to the surface. However, these magnets can only last about three minutes with constant use. Their powersource loses its power and must recharge over a time of 9 minutes to be used again.

Hips/Thighs:
Here is most of where the armaments are kept. Enough for multiple weapons and other gear, The weight is then distributed over the entire body by a series of straps that are connected to the belt. Allowing the thighs, shoulders, and chest also carry the weight. Distributing it equally allowing for easier movement.

Chest/Back:
The Chest and back are heavily armored to prevent the vitals from being injured. This is the thickest part of the armor. The front doesn't really have anything special about it other than after years of use having a few dents on the right corner of the armor. The back however is set up with a jetpack that allows not just upward movement, but forward, sideways, and even downward movements as well. This allows for rapid bursts of movement as such being in battle and wanting to cross distances, or just to rush an enemy. There are no weapons or anything attached to, or on the jetpack. However, there is a sheath for a Beskad which Reclaimer carries. As well as magnetic strips used to hold up only one rifle, or two handgun sized weapons.

Full Body:
The Armorweave is across the entirety of the body Covering it in semi-protective armor, and is actually made out of five layers. The outermost being the armorweave itself. Next is a rubber insulator to keep the inside tempature of the armor the same and to prevent loss in warm or cool air. Next is a layer of Hydrostatic gel that keeps the wearer cool when in hot environments such as Tatooine deserts, or hot in cold environments such as Hoth, or Ilum. The fourth layer is the Muscle fiber weave which acts much like the muscle fibers within the body of a human. Can mimic movement through a nuralimpulse link made with the spinal cord to accurately determine how much strength is needed for the task. The next layer is a hydro-absorbent cloth that absorbs sweat and dissipates it out of the ends of the suit close to the neck and at the cuffs on the arms and legs.

Primary Source: N/A

[member="Ordo"], I would like to point out that I will be going on an LOA for the next week for spring break. I will have almost no time to post. So if need be, this can be archived until I return in a week from now, or you can keep it open. I don't mind either option. I put it down now so I wouldn't forget about it later on.

Thank you for judging my submission, and have a good day.

Kalyr Alor said:
Development Thread: Not really a development thread, but CC thread shows prior ownership of Crushgaunts >Click< (this is also revealing who Reclaimer really is from an OOC standpoint.)
While you do not need a factory sub for things like crushgaunts and other canon items, when submitting things to the factory that are listed as restricted materials you are required to fulfill the requirement for the development thread process. To keep beskar in use (in this submission) I will need to see a minimum of 10 posts in a forging thread.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"], I will start working on one then. Thank you for your time.

EDITED: Would you mind if I used that same thread to change out some of the durasteel for beskar? Or will I need more than ten posts for the gaunts and the armor? Just want clarification to see what I can do.

Once again, thanks for your time.[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"],

[member="Kalyr Alor"]
You can keep the 10 post request for a full suit of beskar if you would like to do so. This will be archived until the thread's completion, please let an RPJ or admin know via PM when you are ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom