Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serpent-Class Interceptor

Lee Astaar

L
viper.jpg
3131427-8412951434-640px.jpg

Image Credit: Battlestar Galactica Viper MK II [Image Source 1. 2.]
Intent: To create a new Interceptor for the Confederacy of Independent Systems
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Incom Corporation
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Light-weight Durasteel alloys, Plexisteel and other materials used to build starfighters
Description:
The Serpent-Class Starfighter is a light Starfighter, sacrificing armor and weapons for greater speed when compared to other Starfighters. It relies heavily on its superior speed and maneuverability to avoid enemy fire, rather than letting the armor plating take the hits. The Serpent is classified as an Interceptor, since it has high speed and maneuverability, but less armor and weapons when compared to Starfighters like the TIE-Fighter or the X-Wing.

The Starfighter’s main purpose is to take down enemy Starfighters and, if the pilot’s good or lucky enough, even larger missiles. The Starfighters speed and maneuverability plays a big role in this, since it needs to be able to outrun, chase and outmaneuver enemy ships. For this reason the engineers who made the designs included powerful engines and light alloys into the ship’s design to allow for high mobility and speed. It also has Countermeasures to defend against lock-on missiles.

In summary the ship is an Interceptor that is used as a quickly deployed anti-Starfighter/Bomber ship. It has light armoring and can’t take much damage but makes up for it with increased speed and maneuverability.

Classification: Starfighter
Role: Interceptor , Anti-Starfighter/Bomber
Height: 2,9 m
Width: 6 m
Length: 10 m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: N/A
Minimum Crew: 1 Pilot
Optimal Crew: 1 Pilot
Armaments:
  • 2 Laser Cannons
  • 2 Lock-on Missile Launchers
Hangar: N/A
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Countermeasure Flares (can be used 3x per battle, need to be restocked afterwards)
Passenger Capacity: 0 Passengers
Cargo Capacity: None (Personal things and ammo not included)
Consumables: 1 weeks
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 1

Lee Astaar

L
Tell me what you think guys! It's my first ever Starship sub, so please tell me if I did something wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom