Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serenity {Jen}

CORUSCANT: MID-LEVELS
OBJECTIVE: GET SOMETHING TO DRINK
MUSIC: HALO by STARSET

Even large reptilian creatures required sustenance. When said being is a Vidhvansaka, even more is needed than average. Which was why the hulking figure that was Nemesis was currently drinking beer through a fancy straw. One of those strange swirly ones that seem to be unnecessarily twisted. Many people were eyeing him cautiously. Others were simply confused. Their reasons were obvious. He was over nine feet tall, had a scale-covered tail, and had bright red eyes. More importantly...

He had brought the straw himself.
[member="Jen"]

The nightlife here on Coruscant, especially on the lower levels were somewhat dull compared to Jennifers normal surroundings. Still, after a long day of finally catching up on a few orders for custom swoop bikes she and her rodian friend - Cindo - needed to relax, talk and play some sabacc. There was few good places where one could do such and one of them were close to The Mechanical Maiden, as the two young girl's shop was called. Yep, it was close to a little cantina which was open almost every hour of the day, it was on the mid-levels however so they would have to travel a bit to get there, but it didn't really matter a lot. Quality before.. Ermm.. Well whatever it was in this case.

Arriving at the cantina the rodian and what appeared to be.. Human? Half Human? Yea probably half human. The other half would be a little harder to place, but the tail that swung behind her as she walked, her odd nose and sort of hard in structure marble white hair would make some, with knowledge about races be able to place her other half as Ryn. Anyhow, as the two arrived they were in a deep conversation, moving up towards the counter with broad grins, leaning it and absendtmindedly the half human raised two fingers. Looking towards the bartender.

"Two food things and two drink things. Whatever you got." They seemed as somewhat usuals here and simply enough the Bartender nodded and placed the order, getting to work. It was funny, the voice who had spoken had belonged to the half human, soft and almost melodious, odd one could suppose. After a while their conversation quieted down a bit and it made room for the two to look around, they seemed to notice all of a sudden that the atmosphere in there was a little pressed. Hmm..

Probably because of the giant Lizard they were sitting right next to. Oh.. "Hey, nice straw."

[member="Nemesis K. Khurshid"]​

CORUSCANT: MID-LEVELS; BAR
OBJECTIVE: AMUSE THE SMALL HUMANOID
MUSIC: HAPPY by PHARRELL WILLIAMS

Someone was actually sitting by him? Willingly?... Nemesis wasn't even sure that the youngster was talking to him at first. Who actually enjoyed talking to a huge brute like him? Lots of people, really. But they were usually the ones who had taken time to get to know him. Not strangers off the street. Especially not small humanoids! No, those typically avoided him at all costs. Most didn't like feeling dwarfed by him. He was pretty sure he understood their reasoning. Even though he'd never met anyone larger than him. What did that feel like, anyway? Sitting next to someone nearly twice your size? Somehow I doubt he'll ever be in the situation that the teenagers were in at the moment.

"Yes... It is, indeed, a wondrous straw. It's unfortunate that this establishment does not supply such things themselves. One must bring their own if the wish to use it." Nemesis wasn't exactly a normal person. Though that was pretty obvious to anyone who looked at him. Quietly he reached into his cloak's pocket, pulling out two more straws. "Straws?" He offered, holding them out to [member="Jen"] and her companion.

Jennifer had by this point turned in her bar stool to face Nemesis, she was obviously in a good mood, a broad smile seen covering the entirety of her face. She was curious one could suppose, it wasn't everyday you saw a giant Lizard. And even if you saw one it was even rarer to see one using such a thing as a straw, hillariously ironic in some way.

Her eyes scanned him quietly as he responded, and that response made both the rodian with the pink mohawk, Cindo, and Jennifer, the half human, crack up. They exhanged glances very briefly before responding to his gesture, smiling slightly as Jennifer reached a long fingered hand out to carefully take the straws. "I see. Understandable, yep. Straws are very important! And thanks, how sweet of you."

It was well timed actually, the bartender had just come with two platers with some mediocre food and some drinks which Jennifer blopped the straws into, taking a quick sip from her drink she turned towards Nemesis, holding it in her hand as she spinned in the bar stool to face him ."I know Coruscant is a big place and all. But how come I've never seen you here before? You aren't exactly.."

She cleared her throat, quickly glancing him over once more.. He was sort of huge.. "Easy to miss."

[member="Nemesis K. Khurshid"]

OBJECTIVE: ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN
MUSIC: STARSET PLAYLIST/VARIOUS

The bartender returned, bringing the two their drinks. Nemesis quietly waved to him before requesting a refill. Thanks to his, you know, lizard biology, it was pretty hard to get him drunk. Usually. So he'd be able to keep going for a bit longer before he'd have to stop. Getting drunk around youngsters seemed like an irresponsible thing to do. Yes, for once he did want to do the right hing. Or at least something semi-close to it. After all, a true light-lover would be reprimanding them for being at a bar. They were teens, right?... Nemesis couldn't exactly tell. The man was over a century old. Most people seemed like children to him. These two were obviously included in that lot.

"I come from the lowest levels of Coruscant. There's naught but crime and grime down there. Even when the Republic was in charge. The Sith taking over drew me out. Now there's a profit to be made up here- and skills to be learned." Small slurping sounds were heard as he finished the last of his drink. With no more to drink he frowned slightly (though it was hard to tell, given his facial structure) before turning to the two girls. "I feel the need to ask, if you do not mind, how old the two of you are?... This place seems like an odd choice for spawnlings. Of course, I am a terrible judge when it comes to age. Hm, forgive me for asking. It is a trivial matter."

[member="Jen"]
157fc68.jpg

"Skills to be learned? Hmm, I guess that's.. Well totally depends on what you want to learn... So yea.." Jennifer eyed the beast once more, yea he was probably some sort of crook. Not that it mattered a lot though. Even though it was hard to see through the surface of the otherwise cheerful girl, then behind that surface of hers, she too was probably.. A crook, at least of some sort. Not one of the worst kinds though, that was for sure!

She took another sip from her drink as the lizard continued to talk, aah. Yea, berry juice did taste good and refreshing, she for one knew better than to drink alcohol down here on Coruscant. Other places she would without a doubt, here however it was never.. Smart.

Spawlings? Age? That was not something you asked a lady! That was at least what Jennifer had always heard people say on those HoloBroadcasts. At the moment it didn't matter much to her, maybe it was because she wasn't 'old' yet.

"Seventeen basic rotations here, Cindo there is a bit older. She won't tell." Jennifer grinned slightly as she pointed over her shoulder towards Cindo. Nah she did know. Cindo just actually /did/ look older than her age, mainly because she was a Rodian. But it had saved the two a lot of trouble a couple of times. "So why do you want to know? Is the drinking age higher at this cantina than normally?" Jennifer leanned a bit back in her chair, trying to see if she could spot any signs regarding drinking ages.

[member="Nemesis K. Khurshid"]​

OBJECTIVE: ANSWER JEN'S INQUIRIES

MUSIC: TOP OF THE WORLD by GREEK FIRE

So they were around seventeen. That seemed so incredibly young to the lizard. What had he been like at that age?... Even he couldn't remember much. Back then he had been a slave, the galaxy still had some fear about the Gulag Plague returning, and the Sith were still in hiding. Oh, had things changed over years. Even the legal drinking age had been moved around. For awhile no one really cared how old you were. If you could afford it, you could drink it. Nowadays most places did have restrictions on their customers. But around here?... This was the middle of Coruscant. It didn't really matter. In such a place credits decided what you could and could not get.

"It, understandably, varies by location. Most businesses only serve alcohol to those twenty-one and older. But around here- and on any of the lower levels- age doesn't matter much. People have less morals the closer to poverty they are. I don't believe this place checks IDs. Some of their competitors around here do, however. Which is why these guys are more popular. One just has to watch their wallet." This was a place of thieves, after all. Quite a few people around here belonged with the riff raff. Nemesis was one of them. In a way. "I should introduce myself. My name is Nemesis Khurshid. It is a pleasure to meet the two of you."
[member="Jen"]

"You got that right" Cindo, the Rodian broke in just as Nemesis was about to introduce him. It was a funny looking Rodian with that bright pink mohawk of hers. Jennifer continued to look towards Nemesis with a slight smile, taking a sip from her glass every now and then. It seemed as if the people around them had calmed down now that the giant lizard had started to talk with the two young girls. As if providing them with some assurance that it wasn't going to murder the next one who accidently pushed it or spoke to it. It was visibly felt and heard as people's voices slowly started to become louder. A lot nicer actually, people seemed to be enjoying themselves a lot more all of a sudden within this tiny Cantina.

"Ah? Nemesis Khurshid. Good to meet you then. And I'm just-.. Yea you can just call me Jen." She offered a quick smile with that, turning in her seat a bit towards the plate that stood infront of her on the bar, eating a bit of whatever now it was she and Cindo had been served. It didn't taste too bad. After a quiet pause Jennifer decided to turn back towards Nemesis, eyeing him once more before starting to talk: "So" She gulped down the last bits of her food, turning her gaze back towards him "So Nemesis. What do you do for a living? You speak well for.. Not to be stereotypical or anything. But one that look like you. If you know what I mean." She pointed her fork absentmindedly towards his giant mass, indicating to his tall stature and.. Well.. Species.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom