Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seoul Sisters (Yawei)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Yawei Ike"]

Matsu hadn't been back here for awhile and now well, now she was trying to find her sister Yawei. The woman was skilled and family which made her someone worth seeing. Matsu piloted the stealth ship from Aedan Miles in while she was going towards the large family estate they had in the mountains. Stopping over the research outpost they had and setting some more researchers up to be there that she could check in on afterwards. The mountains gave way to a small valley far from the cities and there between the two rivers on a cliff was a fortress almost overlooking from near all directions. They had a powerful view and the landing pad on the side she touched down on to see with reports from her researchers they had made contact and were sending new data.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Location: Little Hands Daycare Facility, Revma Village, Rural Atrisia

"Ms. Kyawi, Ms. Kyawi! Look at what I made!" A young boy, Taru, waved a misshapen clay figure in front of Yawei, excitement lighting his face. Yawei carefully took the piece from the boy and examined it with reserved curiosity.

"Very...interesting, Taru." She handed it back to the boy, who beamed at the compliment. "Why don't you try to make some more?"

"Okay!" Still grinning, he took off towards the crafting table. The corners of Yawei's mouth lifted for a moment before she turned away to finish cleaning the mess left by the children after snacktime.

"When is she coming?" a new voice asked. The cyborg looked up at the other daycare worker, Ms. Evali Bensin. The young woman was four years her junior, but had worked at the daycare longer than Yawei. Despite only being on Atrisia for a couple of years, Yawei and Evali had grown close -- close enough for Yawei to share with the other woman that she'd been contacted by someone claiming to be her sister, but not close enough for the cyborg to reveal that her name was Yawei Ike, not Kyawi Ai.

"I don't know. She didn't give a time, only a date. Today." Normally, Yawei wouldn't have thought of having someone she didn't know meet her at the daycare of all places, but the woman's credentials checked out. Besides, her supposed sister was a Jedi, and the Jedi were renowned for revering life.

"What was her name again? Matsu Ike? Why would she meet you here?"

"I told her this was where I worked. She is a Jedi, anyway. Jedi don't hurt children." Evali still looked apprehensive, but thankfully she dropped the subject. Instead, she moved towards the toy area, where a young boy and girl were arguing over a spaceship. Yawei turned back to her task.

Matsu Ike. She claimed to be her sister, but half-sister would be more like it. Her mother didn't have any children before or after Yawei, and her maiden name was "Gyami", anyway. So father's side, then. The cyborg snorted softly, like she did every time her father came up. Yawei did not know her father's first name, only his last -- his last name, which her mother had taken and revoked with more ease than her child could. His first name, however, was a word which brought more fury from the man's former wife than did anything else. Clearly though, the man got around.

Matsu Ike. Jedi general, and apparently her half-sister through a man she had not met. This will be an interesting day, Yawei couldn't help but think.

[member="Yawei Ike"]

Matsu stood there for a moment looking at the man who was telling her the direction. slowly the jedi moved towards the edge of the building and lept letting the force wrap around her as she was falling at first and then banking up. her robe fluttering in the wind while it rushed over her body and she was flying towards the daycare to meet her sister. The landscape of Atrisia a welcomed sight while her wrist datapad chirped with the researchers before she was seeing it in the distance. Her hair flowing before she touched down on the ground and let her shoes dig into the grass as the wooden ones were tapping before she clasped her hands and offered a smile looking it over walking until she was in a nice place to stand and wait. She made herself visible while waiting there and letting her kimono style jedi robes with her hair behind her. "Hello is anyone here?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Ms. Evali had been standing near the window when the Jedi General had pretty much flown in. Catching a glimpse of something fluttering by, the young woman looked up in time to see the stranger walk in, asking if anyone was there.

"Myami, stay here and keep gluing the beads on. I will be right back." Smoothing down her skirt, Evali walked over to the woman and returned the smile. "Hello there, and welcome to Little Hands Daycare. Is there anything I can help you with?"

Meanwhile, Yawei's eyes flitted over the new arrival, as discretely as if she'd still been working for the Imperial Remnant. The woman was dressed like a Jedi, lending credence to her story, but that wasn't what sold her. The woman's face, while obviously not identical to hers, had little things which, put together, allowed realization. The nose. The mouth. Even the woman's stance was similar to the cyborg's, though where Yawei's was crisp and cold, the other woman's bespoke a welcoming presence.

But Yawei did not get up. She would let the woman come to her.

[member="Yawei Ike"]

SHe was looking over the woman who was speaking and letting her eyes flicker across the place. It really was a nice area and a daycare before she remained there. "I am Matsu Ike, I came to hopefully see my long lost sister." She said it with a smile on her face though that was soft and comforting. SHe had done this before with Saia and Katagiri. Plus the rest of the entir family, it was rather large at times but only the most noble were on Atrisia still. With a look up and her senses expanding outwards she was feeling for the other woman in the area as she didn't make much movement but was prepared to move forward and find her. The curiosity almost had her darting into the air and through the walls.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Yawei continued to watch the stranger. She seemed to be filled with excitement, and one didn't need to be connected to the Force to feel it washing off of her. It struck her as a bit disconcerting, as it wasn't the menacing type.

"Oh, yeah, she's expecting you," Evali said, gesturing for the woman to follow her.

Yawei stood up as they approached, an eyebrow raised at the younger woman's prompt exchange. As the other worker walked off to help a child, the cyborg stiffly offered a hand. "My name is...Kyawi Ai. I believe you mentioned we were related?"

[member="Yawei Ike"]

Matsu looked at the woman and then the other one as she came in with a small look on her face. One of curiosity and the excitement was there before she was stopping and looking her over. Ideas coming to her mind and showing slightly on her face while her first real thought was to move there quickly and embrace the woman. She loved her families and they were usually somewhat fun to be around as she stood there for a moment longer. Then moved forward a little with some speed as she spoke. "Yes we are, my father and yours were one in and same. The rest I am not certain about detail wise, I am just hoping we can get to know each other."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

The woman moved forward with some speed, and Yawei reflexively stepped back, taking up a defensive position in preparation for an attack. Then her brain caught up with her body, and she grimaced. Damn. Though she made an attempt to relax herself as quickly as possible, the cyborg had no doubt the Jedi caught her slip-up. No one here knew about her time spent with the Empire, and she wanted to leave it that way.

Sighing softly through her nose, Yawei put her hands on her hips. So, they were related through their father? That, she definitely found believable, and it meant one of two things: a) the Jedi had really done her homework, or :cool: they really were related. Two things which still made her uneasy. After all, why would someone go through all of this trouble just to find her unless they needed something that she could give, but most likely wouldn't? And why seek her out now, of all times?

"That's all well and good," the woman said, "but why seek me out now of all times? How did you even find me?" Clearly, the cyborg hadn't gotten everything when she sought to erase her presence from the Holonet. Though, the woman had yet to call her out on her alias, so perhaps there wasn't as much data left as Yawei had initially assumed.

[member="Yawei Ike"]

Matsu looked at her as she made her movements and didn't react to the slip, her hands and face remaining impassive as she was looking over the woman with a look of curiosity more then anything. Slowly though finding some comfort though in seeing this woman wasn't terrible or just a normal one. Meant her coming here wouldn't be like saying 'You have super powers and your world has changed' The rest of her question though had the jedi moving now not fast but up while she was hovering with her hands behind her back. "Well I came looking because when you get older you start thinking about your family and my daughters should know all of their family, we might not be the most happy but we can at the very least look out for each other." She continued to hang there in the air and sat at the ready.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"You have children?" I have nieces? No-- might have nieces.

The surprise was mostly because, all things considering, Matsu did not look like she would be a mother; Yawei herself was barely 27, and did even have a husband. Fiancé, once, but that was long ago. And he decided a cyborg wife wasn't the way to go. Which was fine with Yawei; who wanted a man that chased younger things when he got older?

"Ms. Kyawiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Lookit what I made again!" Taru came running at her again, colliding into the cyborg's legs before waving around a drawing of...something. Yawei wasn't quite sure what it was, but even so she held it up like she was studying it. Nevermind that she was speaking to Matsu; the children always came first, before anyone else.

"It's lovely, Taru. Why don't you go make another picture?" But Taru was busy staring at Matsu.

"Who're you? You look like Ms. Kyawi!"

Is it that obvious?

[member="Yawei Ike"]

Matsu looked at the surprise briefly while standing there and was about to speak as her attention when to the child speaking and running to join them while she stopped before interrupting them. A smile on her face though when the child spoke and she bowed her head. "Well there is a good reason for that, one I was telling to her." Matsu was looking back at the woman and the picture while she spoke. "I have three daughters, your nieces." She said it but made no movements to show the holoimage of them, two daughters of hers and Lorieth whom she had adopted after finding alone on a world. The pink haired girl stood out the most but she was a great sight as a padawan while she was looking with more attention towards the others there wondering if more were going to appear and show her pictures. "It is a wonderful picture."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Taru beamed widely at the woman, obviously pleased with her compliment. "Thanks, miss!" He shoved it at Yawei. "Here, you keep this one. Imma gonna make another one for her!" With energy abound, the young boy darted off again to the colouring table, bragging to the other young children over there about how the stranger liked his picture, and he was gonna make another great masterpiece.

Yawei pursed her lips slightly. It seemed Taru, the most instinctual of the children, liked this...Matsu woman, and definitely didn't sense any danger from her. Over her years the cyborg had learned to trust the judgement of youngling, having had a couple of instances where they almost blew her cover.

"Three nieces, hmm? Are there any others in....our family?" It was odd saying it like that. Our family. It was a phrase she hadn't used in years, if ever.

Meanwhile, the woman had decided to do a light background check on Matsu, now that there was a chance she wouldn't have to talk. Making use of her implants, she began to surf the Holonet, using keywords such as "Matsu Ike", "Jedi Ike", etc. Hopefully she would find something. As she did that, Yawei made sure her facial expression stayed the same, so as not to clue the Jedi in on what she was doing -- Yawei made no attempts to hide her implants that ringed her eye, not when she had made a cover story involving epilepsy.

[member="Yawei Ike"]

Matsu looked at her and held a glint in her eye of something mostly it was fun.. She rather liked this woman and she should They had the same father despite that not being the most encouraging but still they could get along. "Well we have several cousins and two other sisters. Saia and Katagiri who are running around the galaxy. Plus their kids." There was something more though while she moved just to lean a little and be comfortable watching everything going on. "Though I must admit, there are always more of our family around between here, Emberelene and the rest of the galaxy they have moved around. Keeping track is hard." She nodded her head a little though while looking at the implants. "Though most have found some purpose within the jedi orders helping people and trying to bring some class or flare to it. What about you though. You have had such an exciting life compared to me, I just get to sit in a temple... you get to help shape young minds."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Yawei blinked. Matsu was saying her life was exciting? Well, perhaps in the past, but as far as the Jedi knew, the cyborg had always worked at the daycare.

Besides which, Yawei had barely begun to browse the Holonet when she came across hundreds of hits, detailing the woman as being instrumental in gang takedowns, battles between the Jedi and their enemies...kark, she was a general!

And what was she? A former assassin-turned-infiltrator, with implants that were capable of much more than "control" over her neurological impulses, now working at a children's daycare.

She arched a brow, nonetheless. Did this woman want her to come and join the Jedi? Perhaps it was simply her overactive brain still trying to ingest what she'd discovered, but it almost seemed like that was what she was hinting when she mentioned finding purpose within the Order. Probably not; there was very little intel that Yawei had about the dead Imperial Remnant that they didn't already know, and there was no way she would go back to her former lifestyle.

"Children are the most valuable things in the universe," she finally replied. "They are also the most creative and resourceful; who wouldn't want to help that grow?" Though her words rang true, Yawei felt a little something rise up. It was the same feeling she'd been experiencing for a few months now. However, she couldn't quite put a finger on it, so she ignored it.

[member="Yawei Ike"]

Matsu looked at her and nodded to that, her attention on the room with quick shifts of her eyes to see if there was anything else. The best information she was able to find about her sister was... she had nothing. Well she had stuff but date of birth wasn't much to go on. There might have been more if she was really trying but the general holonet presence was quiet. As was information on if she had a family or pictures. So Matsu was investigating as much as she could to see if maybe she had something fun and interesting here. "They are, though I don't know what would be good to teach them. The order is all I have known and my daughters." Now she turned her head back to look at her. "So come on tell me about yourself. I have been talking and answering questions, tell me about yourself. We can get some food and make a day of it."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Ms. Kyawi can take the day off tomorrow; many of our parents don't work then, so very few children come in. I can manage." Evali came up from behind, smiling and ignoring the look Yawei gave her.

"Evali, you know I'll feel bad if I leave you here by yourself." Yawei gave a small smile, though on the inside she was rather annoyed. It wasn't that she was trying to avoid Matsu -- if anything, she was intrigued; rather, it was because she wouldn't have enough time to do a more in-depth search, analysis, and profile build of this Jedi General.

"Oh, no, I insist. She is​ your sister." As if to make up for her butting in, though, Evali added, "But if it turns out I'll need you, I'll call."

Yawei nodded her head in acceptance of the compromise. "Fine." As Evali walked off, she turned to Matsu. "There is a little place in Revma called the Waterfront Willow. It is primarily seafood, but they've got other variety too. We can meet there around eleven-hundred hours. Sound good?"

[member="Yawei Ike"]

Matsu looked at the second caretaker who spoke as she was looking at her sister and remained quiet a moment. Hearing the plan and the place she could be as Matsu spoke. "That is fine, food is always a good way to get to know each other more." She didn't try and embrace her and she wasn't going to need to push for more. This was something enjoyable and fun and plus she could endear herself to everything easily enough as she bowed. Backing away with a raising of her eyebrows into an open area as she spoke making sure the area around her was clear. "I'll be there and if you need me, I am staying at our family home in the mountains. See you tomorrow."

Matsu waited for a moment as he pushed the force and flew up into the air as she let a little flare from the faux fire illusion trail behind. Casting a literal rainbow in her wake as she was flying up and away towards the mountains to give the children a sight to draw as they might like. THe one who had wanted to make another image maybe could be inspired before she was returning into her ship and changing mostly to lay out her clothing for the place tomorrow and she got the directions from the holomap for herself ti have the directions from the ship while she was focusing on it and she told the ones there i the house.

Maybe not the kindest step mother but their father was dead and gone with four daughters left behind so she wasn't the most happy but she accepted it as the others in her family were around the house. She remained there eating some dinner and saying what small and vague details she knew, the daycare becoming a small cottage in the opposite hemisphere, her profession going from caretaker to farmer to just well not reveal anything that was not her sisters giving. It wasn't her place to tell them all about her when she didn't know anything really just that she was going to visit her and see what could happen from it. Maybe she'd come home of her own accord as Matsu slept and readied herself to meet her sister at a seafood restaurant.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Yawei sat in the furthest seat at the restaurant, back to a corner so that she could see all exits, as well as the bathroom. It was an old habit, one which never seemed to go away. Her hands, meanwhile, were wrapped around a cup of caf. She'd arrived twenty minutes before eleven, dressed in simple, no nonsense clothes. Yawei didn't like to dress up, and she didn't like dresses, period. Or jewellery. It only got in the way, though necklaces were okay. They had the potential to become weapons, if needed.

That is, if they weren't shoddy made.

The cyborg took another sip of caf, enjoying the effects of the caffeinated drink as she waited for her sister. Yes, sister. Not so-called sister, either. She'd done a side-by-side comparison on their faces after work, and a more thorough background check convinced the woman that Matsu would have no reason to lie.

So then, she wondered, did the Jedi know their father? Did she even care?

[member="Yawei Ike"]

She arrived with a look at it all. Thoughts of being totally nervous not withstanding though as the jedi master straightened her outfit looking at the different things within before she was moving. More attention on some of the strange and fantastical as opposed to the down and gritty before she was entering and turned her head while the field detection was there. She knew her sister now easier and sensing people in a field yielded far better results before she was walking and straightened her hair looking at Yawei before she was being led through the place downt o her seat and Matsu bowed with a smile on her face. "Hello, it is quite a nice place." She was looking around at some of the things and sat down with a menu ordering tea she could drink while talk and her hair was around her shoulders. "Thank you for this again, I trust everything has been checked and double checked to show everything?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

(Changing up my colouring style, so bear with me lol)

Yawei offered up a slight smile. A very, very slight smile. This was, after all, her business side. The side she kept hidden away from the children and her coworkers.

One of the many sides of her past.

"Triple checked. And I have come to the tentative conclusion that you're who you say you are."

Yawei leaned forward slightly. She was going to get snarky now, but for a good reason. She needed to test the woman, gather more field data on her. And she needed, above all to pinpoint the true reason why the Jedi had come now of all times. Then, and only then, would she pursue questions about their father.

"First off, though, hi, I'm actually Yawei. Not Kyawi. And I've been instrumental in the assassinations of people, the deaths of innocents, and if you're here to bring me to justice, sister, go ahead. I've made my peace. But I'm going to tell you this one time. Do not do it here. I have built a life here, and I won't have you or the Republic ruining it for me." Her uncharacteristically long spiel done, the cyborg leaned back, arms crossed and lips pressed together firmly. "Long ago, you would have been my enemy, you know that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom