Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sentinel Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
oEOaTwB.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a battle droid who’s design is not ripped from a popular video game
  • Image Source: Closest I could find
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Horizon Tech
  • Affiliation: Outer Rim Coalition, Closed Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Production: Minor
  • Modularity: No
  • Material: Durasteel, electrical components, droid brain
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Class Four
  • Weight: 250 kg
  • Height: 2.7m
  • Movement: Six legs, though it can be mounted on structures for defense.
  • Armaments: Heavy Laser Cannon
  • Misc. Equipment: Bio-sensors and basic scanners
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • After each charge, the heavy laser cannon can shoot a sustained beam, or several smaller beams in succession.
Strengths:
  • Kaboom: The laser cannon mounted on this droid packs a heavy blow, enough to punch through medium vehicle plating with sustained fire.
  • Pitbull: Once the sentinel has a target in its sight, it will pursue at nearly any cost.
  • Sturdy: Takes a few heavy hits to put em down.
Weaknesses:
  • The Eye: A decisive blow to the droid’s more fragile eye will cause it to explode.
  • The Legs: The more you cut off or render useless, the more unstable this weighty droid becomes. Unstable droids can be easily toppled, and while they will still fire at you, they are far easier to defeat when stationary.
  • Refractory period: The laser cannons take some time to power up between each shot, during which the droid is unable to attack by any other means.
  • EMP/Ion Weaponry: Vulnerable to EMP/Ion weaponry
DESCRIPTION
The sentinel droid was designed to be a basic bruiser combatant, using standard sensors to target opponents and chase after them until either the target or the droid is destroyed. This means that the droid will blast through walls, vehicles, or any obstacle without hesitation. The single armament that this droid bears is a heavy laser cannon, which can fire in bursts or sustained beams. The laser cannon is located in the droid’s ‘eye’, and must charge before each use. The head of this droid can rotate 360 degrees, making them easily able to locate an unconcealed target.

The droid’s eye is a critical weak spot—a decisive blow there will cause the droid to malfunction, and ultimately explode. Aside from it’s eye, the droid’s legs are made of durasteel and can be sliced by a lightsaber, impeded by heavy fire, or crushed by other means. The more legs a sentinel loses, the more unsteady it becomes and the easier it topples over. Toppled droids cannot right themselves on their own, and will flail helplessly, firing laser beams until they are deactivated or put down by other means.

With no shielding due to expense, sentinel droids rely on their heavy durasteel bodies as a primary means of protection, and can withstand a few heavy blows before being destroyed. While typically found on the battlefield where allied fighters give them a wide berth due to their aggressive nature, these droids can also be mounted on fortresses or other military compounds as equally aggressive guardians.

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, [member="Yula Perl"]! First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to use the factory! I will be working with you through the review and approval process and hopefully everything will go smoothly and without a hitch! So without further ado, let us begin!

Yula Perl said:
Material: Durasteel, electrical components, droid brain
If you would be so kind as to link any named materials in the submission, it would be greatly appreciated!

Yula Perl said:
Weight: ~250 kg Height: ~2.7m
I understand what you're going trying to do here, but if you could be so kind as to remove approximations from the Weight and Height categories and set solidified numbers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yula Perl said:
This means that the droid will blast through walls, vehicles, or any obstacle without hesitation, even if said obstacles are ‘friendly’.
I might consider including this as a weakness too if i were you. You may also want to consider adding EMP/Ion as a weakness as well if the droid is not particularly hardened against such things.

Please tag me when you've completed any edits and we'll see about getting this thing pushed through for approval. If you need any clarification or me to reword something that might not make sense, please do not hesitate to ask

[member="Yula Perl"]

I wasn't trying to say you needed to omit mention of the "friendly" bit, but that you could also include it as a weaknesses as well. I'm happy to approve this as is, but if you'd like to keep that bit, i encourage you to reintegrate it into the sub. Just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom