Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self vs. Self

From a seed, growth erupted. It could be as little as a weed or as massive as a tree. Nonetheless, a seed was the foundation of every great idea, the beginning of every new beginning. And a seed had been planted in Gael's mind. Is he who he's known himself to be? Was he truly a Mandalorian, born to Clan bar Ammon? Or was everything he knew a carefully fabricated lie forged to resemble the truth?

Gael's journey would begin on Mandalore, home of the fiercest warriors known to the galaxy. His first stop was the Royal Academy of Government. Having previously taught there for some time, he already knew his way around the area and was still familiar with some of the faculty. He needed to access the system archives.

​As he approached the steps of the academy though, he didn't feel nostalgia. He felt barricaded. What was once a fond experience now served to be a challenge. The stairs made the doors atop them look all the grander, except they didn't feel like doors. Doors could be opened by yourself with ease. These doors seemed more to resemble gates, keeping Gael out from unlocking whatever secrets may lie ahead.

As he climbed the stairs, he looked down at the concrete that elevated him closer to the academy doors. Once he entered the great halls, he felt his eyes' relief as the bright sun no longer attacked them from every angle.
He walked a slow pace marveling in the halls he once taught in. Everything was exactly how he had left it, but he couldn't help but feel that so much had changed as well.

"Professor bar Ammon? Is that you?", a voice called out through the commotion of the academy halls' usual pandemonium. Gael turned his head back in forth in an effort to locate the source of the voice. "Professor!", the voice called again. This time Gael saw a raised hand protruding from the crowd of students likely headed to their next class. Gael walked in that direction, curious to see which of his counterparts it was. A shorter woman approached him. He didn't recognize the face, but she appeared young enough to be a student. He just looked at her, figuring she would introduce herself first, and she did. "Professor! It's been so long! You remember me, don't you? Emelia Worcest, I was your assistant professor in The Cycles of Government!"

Truthfully, he had no recollection of the woman. It didn't stop him from matching her enthusiasm. "Of course!", he faked. "Say, could you take me to the archives? I can't get in since I'm no longer staff." Emelia's face twisted with a hint of suspicion, yet it didn't seem to lose any of it's innocence. "Sure!", she answered as she turned to lead the way. "What business do you have in the archives, professor?" He wasn't a professor anymore, and it bother him to continue going by that title. He bit his tongue though, he had his in to the archives and didn't want to spoil it. "It's personal.", he answered curtly. Recognizing she wouldn't be satisfied with that answer, he continued. "Researching old family history."

"I see.", Emelia too answered curtly. Had he offended her that greatly by not recognizing her? It didn't matter. She scanned her ID card and he was in. "I can't leave you alone in there.", she said as Gael entered the great room full of holocrons and physical tomes. He snarked in his mind but controlled himself so that he didn't acknowledge her. She followed closely.

Gael approached a nearby research terminal and tried logging on using his old credentials. Much to his surprise, they worked. The command prompt opened and he began working.

WELCOME . . .
BAR AMMON, GAEL
SENIOR PROFESSOR, GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS
ENTERING SEARCH MODE . . . SEARCH MODE ENABLED

SEARCH:// "CLAN BAR AMMON" . . . NO RESULTS FOUND
SEARCH:// "BAR AMMON" . . . TWO RESULTS FOUND . . . PRESS L TO LIST RESULTS
-BAR AMMON, GAEL (ROYAL ACADEMY OF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE RECORD)
-BAR AMMON, GAEL (MANDALORIAN ROYAL GUARD SERVICE RECORD)
SEARCH:// "EXTINCT CLANS" . . . 5625 RESULTS FOUND . . . PRESS L TO LIST RESULTS
SEARCH:// "WORCEST, EMELIA" . . . 72 RESULTS FOUND . . . PRESS L TO LIST RESULTS
-WORCEST, EMELIA (BIRTH CERTIFICATE)
-WORCEST, EMELIA (ROYAL ACADEMY OF GOVERNMENT, ENROLLMENT)
-WORCEST, EMELIA (ROYAL ACADEMY OF GOVERNMENT, DIPLOMA)
-WORCEST, EMELIA (ROYAL ACADEMY OF GOVERNMENT, EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
-WORCEST, EMELIA (ROYAL ACADEMY OF GOVERNMENT, PAYMENT INFORMATION)
-WORCEST, EMELIA (ROYAL ACADEMY OF GOVERNMENT, EMERGENCY CONTACTS)
-WORCEST, EMELIA (VIOLATION CODE 105.41)
-WORCEST, EMELIA (VIOLATION CODE 69.07)
PRESS L FOR MORE RESULTS . . .

SEARCH:// "KILGRYM" . . . NO RESULTS FOUND
SEARCH:// "KRYZE" . . . 459 RESULTS FOUND . . . PRESS L TO LIST RESULTS
-KRYZE, TACTITUS (DEATH CERTIFICATE)
-KRYZE, ARON (DEATH CERTIFICATE)
-KRYZE, MIRDALA (DEATH CERTIFICATE)
-KRYZE, SALTINE (DEATH CERTIFICATE)
-KRYZE, BO-KATAN (DEATH CERTIFICATE)
-KRYZE, DAERON (MISSING PERSONS REPORT)

OPEN:// "KRYZE, DAERON (MISSING PERSONS REPORT)"
OPENING . . .