Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Seed of Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
cdx.seeker_droid.lore.seeds_of_rage.png
This is a Canon Item
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Lord Fulminiss
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Antherion, whoever else recovers any of the Seeds.
  • Modularity: The Dark Side energies within the Seeds are theoretically capable of being extracted and transferred into another vessel, or transformed into an artifact with different properties, at the price of destroying the Seed itself.
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Steel, Broadcasting Circuitry, Dark Side Enhancement
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Physical Corruption
  • Environmental Corruption
  • Mental Corruption
  • Dark Side Energy Production
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES

Roughly cylindrical and about as wide as an average Human's shoulders, the Seeds were designed to be buried underground, and they used a combination of the dark side of the Force and low-frequency transmissions to subtly manipulate the emotions and thoughts of any living creatures nearby. Over time, the Seeds drove their victims insane and contaminated them with dark side energy, resulting in a warping of both the victims and the surrounding environment.

Strengths:
  • Modular: With the proper equipment, the Dark Side energy of the Seeds can be put to use in a variety of forms, hypothetically being channeled into armor, another form of weapon, or any such object -- albeit at the cost of destroying the Seed.
  • Comprehensive Corruption: As it is interred in the ground, the Seed will gradually twist all around it. Even outside, it resonates with a subtle, wicked radiance of evil thoughts. Those near it are twisted, more and more, by the Dark Side's insidious grasp. By the time they realize it, it is already far too late.
Weaknesses :
  • Subterranean Function: A Seed of Rage activates fully only when buried.
  • Overt: Seeds of Rage, in their later stages, create distinctive and dramatic physical effects within their localised area. It cannot be concealed. Similarly, it is acutely vulnerable to echolcative detection.
  • Slow Changes: A Seed requires time to work, increasing in output only very slowly.
DESCRIPTION

The Seeds of Rage were a set of seven identical Sith artifacts developed by the Sith Lord Fulminiss of the resurgent Sith Empire. A master of Sith alchemy, Fulminiss created the Seeds as the ultimate achievement in his lifelong quest to develop new ways to corrupt other living beings. Roughly cylindrical and about as wide as an average Human's shoulders, the Seeds were designed to be buried underground, and they used a combination of the dark side of the Force and low-frequency transmissions to subtly manipulate the emotions and thoughts of any living creatures nearby. Over time, the Seeds drove their victims insane and contaminated them with dark side energy, resulting in a warping of both the victims and the surrounding environment.

During the Galactic War, Lord Tagriss, a servant of the rogue Dread Masters, stole the seeds from Arcanum and spread across a number of settled worlds. Darth Acina of the Dark Council summoned an Imperial individual and tasked them with recovering the seeds.

Accounts vary of what happened to the Seeds. Some assert they were jettisoned into a star by the Republic, others that they were retrieved by the Empire and interred on Ziost until a use could be found. Some even believed that they had been forged into the armor of one who would later become a planet-conquering champion of dread. The truth is likely a mixture of this: Seeds being captured by either faction, dealt with in appropriate manners, and some of Fulminiss' masterworks being scattered throughout the Galaxy.

One Seed made its way to the Chiloon Rift, where it would fall into the hands of the Dominion, seeking to secure the system by removing chaotic influences. Unfortunately, there efforts to remove the chaotic systems from without blinded them to chaotic elements within: the conspirations of Sith, who sought to liberate the artifact and twist it to their own ends.

In the end, after a pitched battle and multiple brushes with death, Antherion was able to make off with the artifact. Not content with its current form, he plans to research it and elaborate upon the concept, creating a device that will truly and perfectly suit his own needs, and keeping his eyes open for the others that may yet still exist.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Antherion said:
Modular: With the proper equipment, the Dark Side energy of the Seeds can be put to use in a variety of forms, hypothetically being channeled into armor, another form of weapon, or any such object -- albeit at the cost of destroying the Seeds.

This is really my only problem with the sub. Having played SWTOR I know that technically you can form the things into armor I'm weary of this for star wars.

I would like you to make it clear that there is a limit to this, either give a definitive number of Seeds Antherion has or a limit to how many times he can do it, otherwise I'm afraid we'd see "Seed of Rage Armor #324" in a couple of months.

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Corrected the ambiguity in the number of Seeds, it is now clear that only one is in his possession currently. Re-affirmed the fact that reshaping the Seed of Rage destroys the artifact.

Antherion said:
Affiliation: Antherion, whoever else recovers any of the Seeds.
I need the number stated as this is semi unique. Each seed will count as "one" canon item against a writer, and the more seeds a writer has, the more it eats up the max 5 writer slot available.

IE, if you have 5 available slots, and this is worth 2 items and own them both, you only have 3 canon item slots left.

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
[member="Cira"]

I have clarified in the description that there are seven Seeds. Antherion only possesses one Seed, as per the quest thread. I personally do not intend to use any other Seeds with this character, I simply plan to leave it open in case anyone else wants to recover another Seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom