Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private See? That's the problem!

Wake made a face but didn't press the issue further. Drawing this into a full scale argument was pointless and would lead them talking in circles. That annoyed him to no end. He sniffed and crossed his arms, letting the two of them hash it out while he stepped out of the way. As they spoke his expression eased and even softened to the point where he was smiling. He wished all the Jedi took a moment to ask some questions and think about other perspectives beyond their own narrow view of the galaxy. It felt like they simply applied their thinking to other groups and hoped it worked.

He knew there was more to it, they tried to open their minds, but because they took feeling and emotion out of everything it was like teaching a horse to fly. There was a point where they simply failed on principle. He glanced at Matt and nodded then looked down at Braze. "You know anything I teach you won't be very kosher by Jedi standards," Wake said simply, "I'm not going to teach you any powers I know, I think that's for the best. You want to be a jedi, not whatever the hell I am," He said and pat the kid on the shoulder.

"Tell you what, lets get out of the street and sit down, I'm tired of standing," Wake said and urged them into the restaraunt they had been blocking the entrance to for a while. He ordered some drinks and snacks before sititng them down at a corner table and shoving an entire sandwich into his mouth hungrily. He was done with it in an instant and already downing a glass of water before he nodded to the kid to begin asking what he wanted to ask.

Braze Braze

wb1.png

TAGS:
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul
alexboarder.png
Braze exhaled a deep breath, feeling a sense of relief washing over him as Matthew finally departed, leaving him alone, at least for the time being. Grateful for the peace, he eagerly followed Wake inside and found a seat at a nearby table. Taking a moment to collect his thoughts, Braze mustered the courage to ask the burning questions that had been swirling in his mind.

"You may not be a Jedi anymore, but you were one, right?" Braze inquired, his voice laced with genuine curiosity. "I'm just curious, did you quit the Jedi Order? Were you expelled? Or did you make the decision to leave on your own terms-Like running away?" His eyes held a mix of fascination and intrigue as he awaited Wake's response.

Braze leaned in slightly, his gaze fixed on Wake as if trying to unravel the mysteries of his past. "I find it incredibly admirable that you have the freedom to do what you want, without anyone hovering over you, dictating your every move or stifling your individuality," he remarked, a hint of admiration evident in his voice. "It's refreshing to see someone who charts their own course across the stars, making choices based on their own values and beliefs."

He paused for a moment, a flicker of realization crossing his face. "I suppose that's why I'm drawn to you, Wake. Maybe that's the feeling I have... I see in you someone who defies convention, someone unafraid to take their own path. It's inspiring." Braze's words carried a touch of vulnerability as if acknowledging his own desire to break free from the confines of expectations.

Curiosity getting the better of him, Braze couldn't help but ask the question that lingered at the forefront of his mind. "When you made the decision to leave the Jedi Order, did it feel... exhilarating? Like you were finally free I imagine it must have been some kind of new experience, stepping away from the structure and dictates of others and embracing the unknown."

Braze nodded eagerly as Wake responded to his questions, his eyes bright with curiosity and admiration. He absorbed Wake's words, hanging onto each one like a precious gem of wisdom.

"I want to learn from the Jedi teachings and traditions, but I also want to find my own path within the Force. I want to be able to make a difference in the galaxy, not just by following a set of rules, but by using my own unique abilities and perspectives."

He leaned forward, his hands resting on the table as he spoke with determination. "I dream of becoming a Jedi Knight someday, a beacon of hope and a defender of others. But I also dream of exploring uncharted worlds. I want to push the boundaries and challenge the status quo."

A mischievous glint flickered in Braze's eyes as he continued, a playful smile tugging at his lips. "And, well, I also dream of having a few adventures along the way. You know, like battling fearsome creatures, outsmarting cunning enemies, and maybe even saving a damsel or two in distress. Life as a Jedi doesn't have to be all seriousness and meditation, right?"

He chuckled, aware of the idealistic nature of his dreams, yet unapologetic in his enthusiasm. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to find that 'perfect balance' between duty and excitement, between following the path of the Jedi and exploring the vastness of the galaxy. And maybe, just maybe, inspire others to do the same."

Braze looked at Wake, his gaze filled with a blend of determination and hope. Braze was a very confident little mite and he seemed very self-centered in his dreams, or in the very least exceptionally driven to do things his own way or at least wanting to. "What about you, Wake? What dreams do you have for yourself now that you've chosen a different path? What adventures await the great Wake beyond the Jedi Order?"

Wake watched Matthew leave and looked back at the kid. Mixed feelings twisting in his gut. He embraced them quietly and faced them. He was feeling conflicted again. He needed to see those emotions for what they were, misguided but valid nevertheless. They existed and had a part to play in how he lived. He crossed his arms across his chest as they settled into their conversation, staring across the table at Braze who immediately jumped into a litany of Questions. The first question was... hard.

He shook his head and let out a sigh; "I didn't leave willingly, kid, if that's what you're asking, I ran away but not by choice. I did something that I think should remain in the past for this conversation, if it's all the same to you," Wake said simply. Most other people he would have answered honestly, but he didn't want to crush this kid, there was potential in him. He rocked his head left and right, relaxing his neck muscles as the kid continued. He opened a single eye and snorted out a laugh.

"It also means it's all on me, any mistakes I make, no support structure, no protection. But it is liberating, the good and the bad. I embrace the bad, know that I make mistakes. I don't hold myself to some perfect ideal, no, I appreciate life for what it is, complicated and crazy," He snorted, "I don't know if I would call it values, but I believe in the right to feel, that's it. I have a right to feel and pursue my desires, just like anyone else does. I may do some pretty evil things someday, but I'll do it on my terms not because someone else told me to. Responsibility and accountability."

Wake made a face and looked away, "When I left, I was in a lot of pain, kid. It was a dark place," He said and canted his head to the right as the boy kept going and Wake smiled at him, "I love that clarity of vision you have kid, its good for you. It's a humble dream, which is the best kind. Lofty goals grounded by realism," he snorted at the thought, better than someone like him anyway. He leaned forward and clasped his hands together.

"Life is about feeling kid, thats what I believe. It's about experiencing the world and facing the emotions that come from it, not pushing them down and hiding from them. But what I'm saying flies right in the face of the jedi. Yeah, you've gotta find a balance if you want to get anywhere, but what you want and what the Jedi are may not mix," Wake said and smirked at the kid, "But I think that struggle is why you'll make a great Jedi and when the time comes..."

Wake let out a breath, "I do hope you'll be strong enough to face me, I don't know what dreams I have, Braze. But I do know that my path is taking me in a direction far afield from the Jedi. You and I might be enemies one day."

1pOTktR.png

wb1.png

TAGS:
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul
alexboarder.png

Braze's frown deepened as he tried to comprehend Wake's situation. Running away without a choice was something Braze couldn't quite wrap his head around. To him, running away was always a decision he made for himself, a way to escape or assert his independence. The idea of being forced to run away felt foreign to him.​
He nodded in agreement with Wake's statement about feelings. "Exactly! Feelings are what make us human. They bring depth and meaning to our experiences. Without them, we would be like emotionless droids, just going through the motions without any connection to the world around us."

Braze's eyes sparkled with determination as he listened to Wake's words, his voice brimming with youthful enthusiasm. His voice carried a hint of conviction as he continued, "That's why I believe it's important to embrace our emotions, to acknowledge them for what they are. We have them for a reason... It's through our feelings that we learn empathy, compassion, and understanding. Emotions are the fuel that ignites our spirits, the source of our power! They give us the strength to overcome any obstacle and protect what's important to us!"

He paused, his gaze focused on Wake. "I can't fully understand what you've been through, but I know that running away wasn't easy for you. And despite our different paths, I'm here to listen and support you. I won't let my feelings control me, but I won't suppress them either! I'll channel my emotions into my training, into my battles, and become stronger! I'll use my anger to fuel my determination, my sadness to empathize with others, and my joy to inspire those around me. If I can do that then I don't see why I would have enemies. I think most people don't want to be bad... they just do bad things sometimes. Bad actions and bad people are two very different things after all. I do bad things all the time but I don't think I'm a bad person at heart. "

Braze's words carried a sincerity that revealed his empathetic nature, and his genuine desire to understand and connect with others. He may not have all the answers, but he believed in the power of human emotions and the importance of forging bonds that transcend differences.

"I'm grateful to have met you, Wake. You've shown me a different perspective. I'll forge my own path, guided by the light of my heart! I'll become a beacon of hope, a shining example of what it means to be a true hero! Even if our paths diverge, I'll remember what you've taught me." Braze said before moving to get up.

"I guess I shouldn't keep the Pigeon waiting," Braze mused, casting a glance in Matthew's direction as he waited outside. "I'll have to revisit this place again. It took them longer to track me down this time. I just hope they don't extend my grounding period; being stuck in the temple is the worst... Catch you later~" With those words, Braze swiftly dashed out of the restaurant, his spirits lifted. The indulgence of ice cream had worked its magic, leaving him in a much brighter mood than before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom