Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Secrets of the Past

OOc: Please dm me and ask if you wish to join and I will coordinate your character in.

wb1.png

TAGS: Loomi Loomi Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

red_boarder.png
On a secluded tropical island, far removed from the travails of modern life, stood a temple with ancient significance. It was not unlike a Jedi temple in lore, a place suffused with wisdom and the essence of the eternal. Aliris and Loomi, two young padawans, had been granted the privilege of investigating this tranquil paradise. The day was radiant, the sky an endless stretch of azure, with beams of sunlight piercing through the lush canopies of palms and tropical trees. The air was thick with the sweet aroma of blooming exotic flowers, completing the idyllic setting.

Schools of fish, vibrant in hue and playful in demeanor, darted around the shallows like airborne jewels. Intricately patterned sea shells scattered across the sand appeared to be hidden treasures, waiting to tell tales of underwater realms. Crustaceans with vivid exoskeletons scampered from one coral haven to another, masters of their own minuscule kingdoms. The crabs appeared to be working together some of them building little housing structures from debris on the sands made from shells, twigs, and occasionally little pearls or small scraps of shiny metals left in the sands. These crabs didn't act like your typical crabs and seemed to have a communal society though primitive. It was obvious that certain pairs or groups of crabs were working together.

Just then, both of them could hear it... It was faint at first, but a sound gradually sifted through the harmonious calls of the island's wildlife. A soft, hushed giggling, like the murmur of a brook but with a note of sentience. It was as if they were unable to ignore the mysterious giggling, they felt an irresistible urge to follow it.

The Island™ Jedi Temple
Tags: Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru , DM Player-Slayer DM Player-Slayer

Loomi_divider.png

There seemed to be old Jedi Temples all over the place. Loomi had seen the ruins of them on Lothal and Obroa-Skai, and now here. Alone on a secluded island. That wasn't entirely accurate, of course. There seemed to be a great deal of crustacean life present around, constructing homes out of sand and twigs. That made her smile, at least. It was far more pleasent than the idea of them eating each other to survive, like Braze had told her on their camping trip.

Strangely enough, however, as Loomi made her way up entrance, thinking about all that they may discover within, a chill went down her spine. There was laughing. Or was she just being crazy?

"Aliris," Loomi began with a shudder. "Did you hear that?"

She winced, wrapping her arms around herself to try and fight off the chills. It wasn't really working.

OOc: Please dm me and ask if you wish to join and I will coordinate your character in.

The Temple of the Sun and Moon served as the grand stage where Valin Zenth Valin Zenth and Kaleleon Kaleleon were orchestrating the Trial of Spirit, an event of profound importance. Far from this solemn rite, however, another mystery was unfolding.

The source of the giggling was shrouded in the verdant foliage of the island's jungle-like forest, not far from the beach's edge. Strangely, the sound did not evoke a sense of alarm or dread. Instead, it carried an aura of light-hearted curiosity, as if the island itself were playfully beckoning.

"Trust me, Master Tirin will never know,"
sang a young girl's voice from the hidden depths of the trees. It was an ageless tone, imbued with both youthful innocence and an unknowable wisdom. "He can't be mad about something he doesn't know~"

GADividerWhite.png

Nope.

Aliris lifted a hand, curling it into a fist as a fine powdery substance of metal coalesced into a crude looking danger in her grasp. Her eyes scanned through the room, trying to find the source of the laughter through the branches above. "Stay calm."

That was the most important part. They'd stumbled upon something tricky here in the Force, which made sense to her. Temples were always full of some kind of trial or other. She just wanted to focus on the crabs, maybe enjoy sight seeing the temple. Of course it wouldn't be that easy. And Loomi was already panicking. She bit her lip, glancing back to the Godoan with a very forced smile. "We'll be.. Fine?"

Loomi Loomi | DM Player-Slayer DM Player-Slayer

wb1.png

TAGS: Loomi Loomi Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

red_boarder.png
The unseen girl's voice seemed to dance through the leaves and branches, as if riding on the very air itself. "Fine, you say? Ah, but 'fine' is such a dull state to be in, don't you think? Trials and challenges make life far more... interesting."

The tone wasn't mocking; rather, it carried an air of whimsical sincerity, like a teacher challenging a gifted student to expand their horizons. It resonated with the inexplicable forces of the Temple, as if mirroring Aliris' own sentiments about the unexpected trials that spiritual places often contain.

"Your metal and might may not be what you need here," the voice continued, a touch softer now. "But courage? Ah, that might be the very thing you're meant to find."

Though the voice remained disembodied, it seemed to create a momentary stillness, a temporary sanctuary within the shadowy maze of trees and foliage. The atmosphere felt less charged, the pressing urgency momentarily lifted. It was as if the island—or whatever was speaking—was giving them a chance to catch their breath, if only for a brief instant.

The voice had paused for a moment before resuming, its tone tinged with a nostalgia that seemed strangely out of place in the here and now. "You know, when I was a Padawan, my Master, Raene, always said that the Force would guide us where we needed to go. But he never seemed to know about the little surprises that were always tucked away in those 'necessary' directions. Like riddles hiding in plain sight or traps that were really life lessons in disguise."

There was a soft, thoughtful laugh—a sound like wind chimes in a gentle breeze. "You might say they were like... spiritual pop quizzes. Unplanned, unexpected, and almost always inconvenient. But I've found they reveal much more about your true self than any choreographed duel or rehearsed mantra ever could."

Returning to the initial strand of their conversation, the voice then added, "As for Tirin never finding out—well, let's just say Master Raene has never known about my own escapades during my Padawan days. Secrets have their own way of teaching us, don't they? The act of keeping them, the wisdom in choosing when to reveal them—it's all part of the journey, the trials and tribulations that make us who we are."

The words, each imbued with insight and ageless wisdom, hung in the air for a moment, mingling with the scent of the tropical flora and the distant rhythm of the waves. Even though the voice remained faceless, its message felt like a kindred spirit, offering both counsel and a cryptic challenge.

" I could never bring myself to share my deepest secrets with him. I have decided I am going to share them with you."

Island Temple
Tags: Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru , DM Player-Slayer DM Player-Slayer

Loomi_divider.png

"You might say they were like... spiritual pop quizzes. Unplanned, unexpected, and almost always inconvenient. But I've found they reveal much more about your true self than any choreographed duel or rehearsed mantra ever could."

A pop quiz? From a ghost? Loomi wasn't even good at normal quizzes.

"S-secrets?" Loomi noted with a frown. "Why do you wanna share them with us?"

It seemed so strange. All of this was overwhelming, really, and Aliris's suggestion that everything was okay was seeming less and less like reality. Or maybe it was fine. After all, a pop quiz certainly didn't seem malicious, even if she was admittedly terrible at that sort of thing. The Godoan shifted a little closer to her friend and nervously folded her hands above her chest, glancing over to Aliris.

"W-well, that doesn't sound bad, I think?" she shrugged, trying to be optimistic. "I-I don't think I'm gonna be good at a quiz though."

All things considered though, it was definately odd how well she was taking communing with a ghost.

GADividerWhite.png

Aliris couldn't hide the skepticism on her face. Or the terror in her eyes. A quiz from a spirit. One that seemed to be far to joyful. It reminded her of the voice still there in the back of her mind. How long had they been silent? Since she came to the Jedi at least, but that only made it more alarming. Absolutely terrifying. She tightened her grip on the makeshift dagger, her eyes trying to find the source of it all. The being that was taunting them.

The threat.

She crouched as if preparing to charge, brandishing the blade in a ready stance.

"S.. Shut up! Stop toying with us! Just show yourself and say what you want clearly! We're not your karking playthings."

Loomi Loomi | DM Player-Slayer DM Player-Slayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom