Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secret

The Silver Rest had a moment of Peace. The day was quiet and there weren’t any missions or Mandalorians stomping their way towards the jungle temple. The campus bustled but still had a quietness to it, in the middle of the gardens a short statured girl crouched by one of the bushes.

She eyed the bush as if she was looking for something and every so often she would reach in trying to grab at it. Frustration filled her face as she huffed and then finally stood up and kicked the rustling bush. Charlie was left to her own devices for the day, her Master was busy being the boss and her companions were off doing their own training or on missions with their Masters. Asaraa was too busy with the Prince of Commenor and thus Charlie was on her own.

Her focus for the day was to catch the lizard she had been chasing around the garden for the past few hours. She had abandoned her studies for the day, seeing that the weather was perfect and for once not too humid. Before chasing the lizard she had tried to pester her Master to spend the day outside, but the woman had her office closed which meant business was being handled. She couldn’t even spy through the window, another huff at her frustration and then she watched as the lizard darted out from the bush.

Quickly, the small Seoulian girl took off and chased it unaware of her surroundings in the gardens.

[member="Samka Derith"]

It wasn't freedom. But it was relative freedom.

Samka Derith could now leave her room as and when she pleased. Under heavy supervision of course. She couldn't leave the Rest but the chance to leave that tiny room she'd dwelled in for so long was an opportunity she would not complain about.

She may as well be making herself useful. Perhaps Jyoti would appreciate it.

Under the watchful eye of the guardian droids floating around, prepared to shock her should the Ren step out of line, the young girl had began to water the garden. She paused to sniff each plant in turn, relishing the unusual scents, each one a unique and pleasant fragrant. Perhaps she'd carve a garden for herself back home? Surely the jungles by the Ren Bastion could be cut away slightly.

She hummed a gentle tune to herself as she worked, something from a children's film she used to watch on TV as a little girl. The song where the princess of a long lost planet travels back to mainstream civilisation. A rather joyous tune of discovery.

The patter of encroaching feet drew her attention from sniffing a red flower. Someone was coming and it would be apt to greet them.

Samka curtsied with closed eyes and a polite, peaceful smile on her face. "Master Jedi." As her eyes fluttered open she caught sight of a lizard darting between her legs and the figure which followed was unexpectedly familiar.

"Oh it's you."

[member="Charlie Nooran"]

Charlie didn’t pay attention to anything but the lizard that thwarted her. She crouched low and ran towards it chasing it around the garden. There was no warning and she didn’t hear the chirpy little voice saying anything. The entire focus was the little green lizard. For some reason Charlie wanted it, she wanted to hold it and have it as a pet for the time being.

She continued to move picking up speed and as she watched the lizard scamper between a pair of legs, Charlie too decided she was going to scamper between the pair of legs as well. Why bother going around? She was small, and she would hopefully fit. Though, as she drew closer she realized the pair of legs belonged to someone roughly her same height.

Despite this, the Padawan continued to move forward and attempted, at full speed to crawl her way through the pair of legs. Her shoulders, being too wide for it she would most likely tackle the person to the ground. Contact happened, and Charlie looked up at who she was crashing into. Shock was written all over her face as she blinked seeing Elizah’s face. She had not seen the woman since the Zoo and now here she was, coming between her and the lizard.

[member="Samka Derith"]

The figure didn't stop. Charlie collided into her, the younger girl practically bowling her over. She fell to the ground with a girlish yelp. The watering can followed not long after, splashing the Ren across the side of the face and across her torso, potentially catching the Jedi as well.

"You dolt!" Samka glared at Charlie from the floor, laying there a moment before she picked herself up. "Look what you've done!" She rose to her feet, dusting off the Jedi robes she now wore day to day here and gesturing to how it was soaked on one side.

She squared up to Charlie, hands held on her hips as she frowned at the teenager. "This is why we always look where we're going, Charlie! Oh and if someone greets you as politely as I have done, it is respectful to do so back!"

A droid at the side beeped a warning, a crackle of electricity came from the machine. It didn't have the most sophisticated AI and was reading her as behaving with hostility towards a Jedi.

Sam breathed, taking a moment to regain control of her temper lest she get zapped unconscious, dragged back to her cell and find Jyoti demanding explanations. 'The droid reported you rounded on my apprentice.' That wouldn't be pleasant.

The watering can had also spilled a little bit on Charlie, but she wasn’t as drenched as Elizah had gotten from the collision. Charlie had bounced back and had landed on her butt as she chuckled softly. The whole situation was quite comical to the padawan as she watched Elizah puff up and get irritated. She didn’t expect to run into anyone especially Elizah out in the garden.

Standing up, she dusted herself off and looked past Elizah as she scolded her about proper greetings. The lizard had wandered off and was no where to be seen, Charlie’s face showed her disappointment and she decided to now examine the droids that looked primed and ready to do whatever they would do to poor Elizah. Folding her arms behind her back, Charlie put on her most adorable smile and nodded. “Sorry, Elizah. I didn’t see you.”

The smile faded into a cheeky grin as she chuckled. “Top of the morrrrning to you Elizah, what a glorious day we are having on Kashyyyk!” Charlie couldn’t hold her smile, so she laughed and shook her arm that had gotten slightly damp from the watering can. “What are you doing out here?” Nodding towards the droids, “What are those?”

[member="Samka Derith"]

Her patience was tested further as Charlie seemed to ignore her lecture, blatantly looking past Sam looking for the create she'd been chasing. If they were anywhere else in the galaxy this was where she'd install fear to discipline the Jedi Padawan. Here... not so much.

Instead she sighed, making a show of rolling her eyes, and relented to the teenager's sweet expression. The girl may be immature and perhaps even a tad stupid but there was no denying she had a charm of her own. Charlie was just so pure it was hard to hold a dislike of her. In fact it was quite the opposite, she had grown rather fond of the Padawan. It would be a pity if she ever had to die.

"Is it glorious?" Sam's brow rose in scepticism. "Yet another day is passing where I remain detained against my will but at least I can now find the simple pleasures I couldn't before. Something to be grateful for, I suppose."

"I was," Sam again patted the damp half of her robes, "watering the flowers and those vile little machines are to ensure I don't run riot." Again the Ren sighed and turned to caress a purple flower with a delicate hand. "At least you people make lovely gardens. Perhaps the Jedi should turn their attention to botany instead of intervening in galactic politics and we'd all be much happier." She turned her attention back to Charlie, offering the girl a small smile to show she was being good natured. "How about yourself? Do you make a habit of terrorising the wildlife?"

Charlie couldn’t help herself, she found it entertaining to annoy the dark sider when she had the rare chance to. The woman was so prim and proper and yet seethed with the stench of the dark side. An interesting case and Charlie couldn’t help but be intrigued by her. It was possibly why she was so excited to have bumped into her in the garden. Eyes followed the touch of the purple flower and she nodded.

“The gardens are well kept. They bring a sense of calm to those that spend time in the garden. Most Jedi enjoy meditating here.” Charlie knew that her Master was one of the main caretakers of the gardens. The woman had a living jungle in her quarters – from what Charlie could recall. Deciding not to mention her Master, Charlie mused over the comment of terrorizing the wildlife.

“Its only terrorizing when I bump into a certain someone, Elizah.” Her voice spoke with a playful melody as she swayed slightly with her hands behind her. A tilt of her head and she nodded. “I’m sorry you got all wet though. We look to be about the same size if you want to borrow a change of clothes.” Her eyes looked over at the droids, “Do they follow you everywhere?”

[member="Samka Derith"]

"I can understand why, the tranquillity must be nice. I hear that sort of thing is extra important to your cult," Sam nodded along as she stroked the flower petals almost lovingly.

"Only?" Sam's gaze turned to the bubbly teen, her eyebrows raised in a challenge. "That creature looked rather terrified to me, regardless of whether I had been here or not."

A small smirk crossed her face at the next words though. Apparently Charlie was unaware that her own Master had provided Sam with Charlie's clothes early on. They were just about the right size. "It's quite alright, I'll just have to live with the torment you have given me. And yes," her eyes darted to the machines, "They do follow me everywhere. Alas you can't catch me in private for now."

"I'll tell you something you can do," the young Ren continued smirking as she held out her watering can towards Charlie, "You can help me fill this back up since you're responsible for the mess and after that you are welcome to bask in the pleasure of my company if you so desire."

Charlie continued to smirk as she listened to Elizah describe the terror on the face of the lizard. It was completely okay, and the lizard was probably used to Charlie chasing it. When she was bored she usually searched the temple grounds for it and then the game began. Eyes left the Ren’s face and traveled down her extended arm that held the watering can. Charlie tilted her head and gave the girl an odd smile of disbelief.

“This wasn’t my fault. You’re the one that was in the way. If you’d get your head out of the clouds no one would have ran into you.” She snatched the watering can and obeyed the request anyways. Heading towards the hose, she started to fill up the watering can, frowning Charlie knew the faster way of watering the planets and it wasn’t with the can.

Knowing that her idea was better, she wandered over with the watering hose on and held it out towards Elizah. “This will be faster and then we can play.”

[member="Samka Derith"]

"Standing by the side of a public footpath, tending to the garden is in the way now?" Sam shot Charlie a sceptical glance. "I called your name and greeted you, I was fully aware of my surroundings, thank you very much. It was you who came crashing in, Charlie."

She took the hose offered to her and turned her attention back to the plants. "I chose the can so I could make a thing of this," she explained, "this is for pleasure not for chores. But since you're here and apparently lack the attention span for such a task, we can get it done quickly and move onto something more your style."

She offered a grin back at Charlie as she watered the soil around them. "What games do you play, Charlie?"

Charlie’s smile faded slightly as she listened to Elizah state that the chore was enjoyable. What was so enjoyable about watering plants, it was a chore. Quietly though, she remembered moments when her Master would take joy in watering her plants, maybe it wasn’t so bad. Hands released the hose and Charlie placed them behind her back as she watched the Ren continued to water the soil.

“You didn’t call my name you said, ‘Master Jedi’” Charlie mimicked the Ren’s posh accent and curtsied the best she could. The smile returned after she finished teasing the brunette woman. Disregarding the comment, Charlie shrugged. “I usually play alone. With Jyoti being the Grandmaster, she doesn’t have time to play with me. But we used to watch a lot of movies and we fought robots in a video game.” Charlie mused over the activities she used to share with her Master frequently, now some days it was when the woman had a chance.

“Though, we could play tag or sword fight.”

[member="Samka Derith"]

Charlie's impression of her made Sam snort. The girl wasn't being malicious, she was just returning it as good as she got. Samka could respect that in a way. If the circumstances were different, she'd be inflicting fear and terror on the teenager, true, but at the moment her power was striped from her. It was taking time to get used to the adjustment in power when compared with others. She was their equal. Charlie, nor anyone here, had an idea of just who they were dealing with. It could be infuriating when denied her well earned respect but it was also oddly refreshing to find people confident enough to be earnest like Charlie was now.

"I called out to you, let's not be pedantic, Charlie. That's my job," she rolled her eyes but kept a soft smile on her features.

This would take a while. The Rest's gardens were huge. The plants didn't need to be watered right now, Sam was merely filling time. She'd finish this flower bed and then entertain Charlie. In spite of their differences the two girls had been building something a rapport, it would be a shame to waste such a useful tool.

"Tag?" She turned to face Charlie again, a brow raised high as she regarded the younger girl. "I believe I played this when I was nine years old. How old did you say you were again, Charlie?"

Charlie frowned hearing that Sam was going to argue the minor details of their collision. The Padawan knew that the person at fault was the one not paying attention to her surroundings, not her fault that Sam couldn’t perceive the world around her. Wrinkling her nose, Charlie assumed it was the high and mighty feeling she got from the woman but could be more to that.

“How old I am? I’m fifteen.” Her head tilted slightly as she was trying to understand what Elizah was getting at. The girl didn’t look much older than her but looks could be deceiving when it came to the dark side. Biting her lower lip, there was a sense of embarrassment as she soon realized the games she had offered were childish.

“Uh, we don’t have to play anything if you don’t want to. We could just talk I guess.”

[member="Samka Derith"]

Had she crushed the girl's soul?

When they screamed and cried, she felt little. It even empowered her. But to see the teenager before her so... dejected. It caused a small flush of sympathy in her chest. What changed here? Was it Charlie? Or had she been separate from the Dark Side for too long in this wretched place.

"Charlie," Sam cleared her throat and offered the girl an apologetic smile. "I only meant that it's difficult to play tag with only two people. In my experience, the more people there are, the better the game is. This makes it so the players aren't chasing one another in a circle for a long time. You see?"

Sam settled the hose down, turning off the water flow and putting her attention fully on the Jedi Padawan. A complete turn in her attitude would be too suspicious so instead she gave Charlie a typical smirk. "I can see having a conversation isn't something you'd be interested in right now so I'll indulge you. Pick a game, Charlie, any game and I'll see how hard I beat you in it, hm?"

Charlie raised an eyebrow. She watched as Elizah change her stance on playing with her, which was odd she expected to be having some philosophical conversation in which Elizah explains to her that she’s wrong. This was quite the turn of events and Charlie was oddly pleased by it. Confused as well, but mostly pleased. A smile curled at the end of the Seoulian girl’s lips as she nodded.

“Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy conversation. Jyoti talks to me all the time.” Charlie nodded to add emphasis. “I’m just not in the mood right now, though…” The padawan pondered, they could play a game and talk at the same time. She did want to get to know Elizah more than what she did know. Charlie smiled and stepped closer to Elizah, “We could go back to my dorm room and play a game there. We can play and talk.”

A single slender finger scratched at Charlie’s cheek as she thought, she didn’t know how to word her emotions and instead was rather blunt and forward about them. “I want to get to know you Elizah. I really like you. I don’t know why, but I do.” It was sincere and from the heart, but Charlie was never one with words.

[member="Samka Derith"]

"hrm," Sam tapped her chin to ponder. She'd expected Charlie wanted to play a more athletic activity outside but this suited her just fine. It could be embarrassing to be spotted running around the nest like a hyperactive child. Like Charlie. "I accept."

Charlie's next remarks caused some surprise but it barely showed on the young woman's face. When they'd first met, Sam had tried to murder Charlie. After that, Charlie had become upset over lies. Now this... confession? In spite of it all, it made smile a little. This girl was always so honest. It was oddly refreshing for the woman who had to always hide who she was.

"Than I shall indulge you," Sam gave a respectful nod of her head and a half bow. "Lead the way."

Charlie was all smiles as Elizah accepted the activity they were going to do. She looked around and then grabbed Elizah’s hand and dragged her along the hallways of the Rest. The droids followed them closely, they needed to keep an eye on the Ren even if Charlie was there. It didn’t’ take them long to get to Charlie’s dorm room.

“Here we are!” Happily, the girl opened the door after punching in the key code to the room. It was petty plain compared to the Padawan’s personality. There were a few personal artifacts on a small table on the corner of her room, a handheld game that seemed to be of an extremely older model, a stuffed porg that seemed to have been from a carnival and a picture of her from a few years ago. The picture was of her and Jyoti, Charlie was slightly younger than what she was now.

The room was small, but everything seemed to be well in order. The holoscreen with the game set up was in her room. “Home sweet home” The girl beamed as she slipped off her shoes and wandered into her bedroom and pointed to Elizah. “Take your shoes off please~” She sat on the end of her bed and had two controllers. Jyoti was usually the second player she played with but since the woman had become grandmaster – their time together had dwindled. Charlie was fine though, she understood and relished in the time she got to spend with the woman.

Today though, she had a new playmate. Patting the bed, Charlie fired up the game, it was a simple game where they got to pick characters and fight each other.

[member="Samka Derith"]

Feeble protests fell on deaf ears as Charlie dragged Sam through the temple. The touch of other people had never been something she had enjoyed.

A subtle glance as they reached the Padawan's room and the Ren had committed the code of Charlie's room to memory. Just in case.

She had expected something a little grander. It was none to different from her own facilities here. The only differences being the personal items displayed around the room.

She followed the happy Padawan inside, removing her boots as prompted with a nod of understanding, such matters were important. She had almost forgotten that the Silvers had only provided her with bright pink socks, they were obnoxiously girlish things. Hopefully Charlie wouldn't notice.

Her attention was caught briefly by the picture at the side. A younger Charlie with her master. Sam stared for a moment. The pair looked happy. Before she could question it, Charlie was prompting her to join the Jedi on the bed.

She delicately sat down on the bed corner and glanced between the screen and controller. She hadn't played these things since she was a little girl. Before the Force, the Ren, the First Order, any of it.

"Erm," she turned the stick and watched the character on the screen change between a large Trandoshan and a scantly dressed woman in heels. "Charlie I haven't the faintest idea what is happening," Sam frowned as she accidentally selected the woman in such inappropriate attire and her character appeared alongside Charlie's on a kind of battlefield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom