Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Star to the Right and Straight on til Morning [Jorus]

[member="Ayden Cater"]

"Y'know, far be it from me to say a word against Silk, but there's also the Liorre outta Firemane. Doesn't carry as many-"

Dad shook his head. "The Liorre's a decent ship, but it can't land on a full-grav world either. Look, Ayden -- if I had a trillion creds and the best R&D and security teams known to man, I'd get the planetary repulsors going. Maybe move them."

Mara held up her hand, half-mocking. "I think the Corellian one got broke with the planet."

Dad shrugged. "Nobody knows for sure that I've asked. Either way, I'd use the Talus, Tralus, Selonia and Drall repulsors to pull a big ship off the ground an' put it down safely, from half a system away. Timing would have to be perfect."

"Way too much would have to be perfect," said Mara, shaking her head. "Any plan that relies on more than two things going right is a bad plan." Dad nodded approvingly -- maybe it had been a test. He liked those sometimes.

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

Ayden scratched his jaw while looking at the schematics for the Connestoga. After a while he shook his head negatively. "This needs to be something anything any planetary government can set-up. Even if we could replicate the power of the repulsors left in the Corellian system, I'd be afraid of them tearing out the whole installation or crushing the transports." He did agree with the girl on the dangers of plans with too many moving parts. This was a problem, and he intended on solving it.

"We don't land it." He said suddenly, to no one in particular. "There's no need for it. That just adds another step. We don't land it. We build it on the ground." Though, that still left the problem of getting it off the ground in the first place. The ship was never designed with planetary maneuvers in mind. It was meant to do one thing, and one thing really well; transport a lot of things or people at once. "We can't pull it into orbit. The local stress on the hull would probably rip holes in the ship." He paced around the holoprojector, lazily tapping his chin in thought.

"What about a sled?" Ayden looked between Jorus and Mara. "The ship won't get into orbit under its own power. So we don't try. We make a sled, a lift cradle, to lift the ship off the ground and get it into low orbit. After that, the sled breaks off and the ship makes for the predetermined jump point."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom