Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Second Sight Series Glasses/Goggles

Status
Not open for further replies.
1552442.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a set of glasses/Goggles/HUD feature that can allow NFU's to find Force Sensitive items, or beings.
  • Image Source: Ghost Recon Future Soldier
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Cerberus Enterprise
  • Model: Second Sight Series Glasses/Goggles.
  • Affiliation: Closed Market
  • Modularity: Can be used as Glasses, Goggles, or be modified into a HUD system
  • Production: Semi-Unique, Approved PC customers, and made to order.
  • Material:
    B'sant or Transparasteel
  • Plastics, or Durasteel

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Altered by the force to use a limited form of Force Track, Force Sight, and/or Force Sense
  • Has a limited HUD
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
A series of Glasses, or goggles that have been altered by the force to allow beings who may or may not be force sensitive to see force sensitive artifacts, beings or areas of influence. If a being or artifact, the item will have an "aura" around it much like how species who are blind that use Force Sight. For a Nexus, or a location that has been influenced with the force, the area will be slightly glowing for lesser powerful beings, areas, or artifacts, and will glow brighter when stronger.

HUD systems are simply Nightvision, Infrared/Thermal imaging, and low light settings.

Strengths:
  • Allows non force users to "see" the force around an object, person, or in an area.
  • Limited HUD provided for those who don't want to, or find it difficult to wear helmets.
Weaknesses :
  • Cant be used within a force nullification bubble.
  • Cannot detect Dark side or light side difference.
  • Cannot detect Force nullification field. UNLESS they see a force sensitive person enter one, and their "Aura" leaves them.
  • Offers no protection as glasses or goggles.
  • Can be difficult to determine if someone is force sensitive if they are hiding themselves via Art of the small, Force Cloak, or otherwise scattering or minimizing their force presence. Example: Masters of this will likely not be seen, and apprentices can dampen the effects, but can't completely become invisible to the glasses.
  • Short range of 15 meters.
  • Can only detect items within direct vision. *paying attention to the item, peripherals do not show up very well.*
DESCRIPTION
Stylish glasses or useful goggles is all that is needed to allow a non force user to see the force. Limited to seeing an "aura" or a location glowing around them, These glasses allow a person to see what is considered "unseen." Created using different materials for whatever style or fashion the person requests, the glasses, or goggles are easily able to be used by anyone.

There is a Third feature that can be used, and by a force user of Cerberus enterprise that can access helmets of a set of armor, can alter it via the force to have the same force detection feature. However, if the helmet is without a HUD system, then the HUD System can be added to the armor via technology.

It is recommend that these not be used in fights, or war as they provide no protection, and can easily break even with someone just punching, or stepping on them with the right amount of pressure or force.

[member="Atheus"]

I had to think about this a bit. If you are using these to see the "aura" or force around an object, and if the Force is in everything (save very limited items) won't this just white everything out?

I would see that as a very limiting factor of these sorts of tech unless you do so at a limited max range. I also wouldn't want this at limited, but semi unique.

[member="Cira"],

Edited to Semi Unique, I didn't know if there was a specific number you wanted, so I listed that they can be purchased for Approved Customers, and PC's only. If there is a specific amount you would like me to keep these at, then let me know.

Then can I return to you with a question of my own? How do you expect a species that is blind, and uses the force to see, able to tell the difference between the ground, which has very minuscule amounts of the force, or a powerful dark sided artifact?

Think of Nightvision. Everything is in a sea of green, but you can tell the differences between the items because of the various shades of green that take place.The same takes place here. Instead of being a sea of green, you see everything normally, just with various "shades" of the force.

Looking at a boot, You will hardly see anything that your brain won't even register it. At best, if you were to wear them, it would be like looking through sunglasses. You still see everything "normally" just in a different tint of color. If you look at a force user, then it will become brighter with the shades of the force. While you won't be able to make out the hairs on their chin, or how many freckles they have, you could still see their face/person.

[member="Atheus"]

Nah, made to order is fine.

Can you at least put a max range to it and state that it is cone directional only though? I can approve this thereafter.

[member="Cira"],

Added them as weaknesses and copied them here.
  • Short range of 15 meters.
  • Can only detect items within direct vision. *paying attention to the item, peripherals do not show up very well.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom