Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching for the root.

Ryloth. Apparently a great wind of change was making its way through this region, one of the liberator rather than conqueror and from a force which would embrace multiple paths toward a common end. An interesting state of affairs... The Zabrak eyes slowly up to the skyline of this world, raising her right gloved hand up to the night before letting it fall gently back to her side. Have I been here before? Head canting to the left she brings her gaze back to the surface of Ryloth, taking in the general mood of those gathered nearby.

Freedom, such a worthy goal...and even toward an ends, a cause that builds that which it wishes to see...a cause I could throw myself into. She sets her left hand to cusp the edge lining of her bronze and silver re-breather helmet, two fingers rhythmically tapping at a point approximately above her temple. Perhaps...but let's see what we have here first? Chuckling softly through her helmet, the sound emitted is somewhat distorted and seemingly distant, she pushes out through the Force. The effect is relatively haphazard and a rather brute force application, inefficient and noticeably poorly trained to any would be observer. Shush you, I know...but we can't very well -learn- to do so properly without finding someone who can help....or trying myself. The Force probe would pass through the crowd more like a pulse, a way to conserve her reserves in a manner as she begins her search.

[member="Muad Dib"]

The liberation of Ryloth did not come without casualties. However, the loss of life was a necessary price to pay for freedom. Sometimes the personal cost to a generation was needed to be paid in blood and lives so that the generations to come would not know the oppressors foot on their necks, the feel of the the whip on their backs, the taste of slavery on their lips.

So today was another day of celebration as those freed from the chains of tyranny began to take control of their lives once more. Trade unions were being established, craftsmen began to peddle their trades in open markets, recruiting offices opened bringing in those who wished to serve their new government signed up, and much much more.

Leaving a cantina Muad Dib walked into the night air and looked up into the clear sky adorned with the sparking stars in the heavens. Freedom. The taste was still foreign on his lips. Chuckling lightly he pulled a deathstick from the interior pocket of his brown, leather jacket and lit it.

Moving down the streets that were still somewhat crowded despite the late hour the Mad Knight blended in with the populace. Black pants with tan tunic he chose not to wear his beskar'gam this evening. The sword handle still rose over his shoulder and his weapons adorned his belt. Despite taking a moments respite from warfare he was still armed. The man was always armed.

Pausing he leaned against an adobe wall at an intersection and watched the children frolicking in the fountain in the courtyard. Arching an eyebrow as he smoked he contemplated a time when he would have his own offspring. A sharp laugh erupted from his chest as he shook his head ruefully. Kids were definitely not in the cards for the Mad Knight.

Glowing blue eyes narrowed as he felt a powerful prove in the force roll through several blocks. Turning slightly he scanned the crowd not seeing the originator of the probe. Lightly he touched the force and strengthened his presence, showing himself to become a beacon in the force that would be easily found.

[member="Valjan Hon'rey"]

Oh? What have we here? The pulsing probe diminishes as a particularly bright point makes itself known, she reforges the intent as a kindling tether not unlike a bit of rope to keep herself attached to the beacon. Smirking under the helmet she begins to follow the path through the still lightly crowded streets celebrating the recent liberation. Only a few blocks away...very fortuitous. Valjan keeps her focus on the approximate tether as she takes another moment to look up at the starry night. ​It's always a bit different planet-side...somehow more visceral. What do you all see in these stars now that you've had a chance to fully experience them without the threat of a whip to keep you from wondering? The helmet gazes back down to the small crowd still in the streets as she ponders the question, tether diminishing momentarily before she reasserts her focus.

Hmm, almost lost it. A soft chuckle makes itself known through the reverb and echo of her helmet as she rounds the corner to the courtyard and takes a long moment to watch the children at play in the fountain. Smile tugging gently at the edge of her lips she glances away from the fountain and toward the source of her tether's link. A human male if she had to guess, weapons adorning his frame as he leaned against a wall with a lit deathstick in his hand. Her gaze settles finally on the glowing blue eyes, indistinguishable from behind her helmet, as she approached extending her gloved right hand in a small wave.

"I take it you felt the probe?" she inquires in the vocal reverb sounding from what must be speakers in the helmet with a cant to her head before settling against the building a few paces from the man and allowing the Force tether to drop.

[member="Muad Dib"]

He gave a slight nod of greeting as he scanned the being who leaned against the wall next to him. She was smaller then him, shorter and less weight. She moved smoothly. And even now the woman seemed relaxed in her stance. But it wasn't her physical form that intrigued him. Her presence in the force was strong, but it felt odd. Like shattered glass that was reconfigured into a single piece. Sharp edges.

"Aye. I felt it. Who are you? And what do you want?"

The man spoke without an accusatory tone. His voice carried no ill will despite the words. Rather then being viewed as a haughty, stuck up individual, he came across as someone direct. It was part of who Muad was. He rarely minced words unless he was in a philosophical mood. Or had strong drink. His curiosity at this person he had never felt, nor seen, echoed within his words.

Nodding in return to the greeting, she clasps her gloved hands together and shifts lightly off the wall, her masked helmet observing the man for several seconds with no indication of precisely where her gaze is falling.

"Excellent! As to who I am, Valjan will do just fine. What I want...well...that's an entirely more complicated series of answers but absolutely everything will suffice." she offers calmly but with obvious tones of excitement in her voice even through the modulation. Another second passes before her right hand moves to catch the slight cant of her head and she speaks with a far more curious tone, "Though...I suppose you mean something a bit more along the lines of what I want right this moment, I want something I've lost returned to me. Nothing so banal as a physical object but rather some knowledge I've seemed to misplaced."

She keeps the helmet's gaze steadily locked on the man before her, straightening her posture and offering a respectful bow. Rising, she speaks in a firm tone, "You are strong in the force, that much is certain, to bring it to simple terms I wish to learn and to that end I offer what I can of myself." Posture completely straightened once again she folds robed arms under her chest, canting her head just slightly to the left as she waits for a response. A bit too forward? I think not. Deceit...is not a very useful introductory tool for garnering the network of those you want as allies, right? Right.

[member="Muad Dib"]

The man watched the woman's mannerisms as she spoke. Her words of misplaced knowledge was mentioned freely and with a slight excitement still in her voice. But the inherent truth was it revealed two things to him. One was she desired knowledge over the more mundane physical ownership of possessions. The second was that she had lost this mentioned desire.

Eyes narrowed slightly as he took another hit from the deathstick, tendrils of blue smoke slowly escaping his mouth with a steady exhale. This woman, this Valjan, then spoke of his power in the force followed quickly by an offer to become his student.

Flicking the ash from off the burning ember the considered what he had learned so far. An adult woman had come to the recently liberated planet Ryloth. She was powerful in the force, though unfocused and untrained. She had lapses in her memory, due to her comments about lost knowledge. She immediately sought out a force user she had sensed. And now offers to be his student without even hearing the man's name.

Deducing what he could from the little information he had gathered he figured a few things. There only reason a single being visits a newly liberated world of slavery was to attempt to attain a new source of slaves via a black market ... Or Valjan had an unpleasant view of the slavery trade. Setting how she was here alone and not slithering through the more underworld aspect of the planet he assumed the later.

Memory loss, especially in a strong force user who was an adult offered a different dilemma. There were plenty of force users who made it to adulthood before realizing their aptitude. But someone with her presence would surely have gained the attention of someone. So her knowledge issues may derive from a forced expulsion of memory. That in itself meant that the woman has the ability to be something, someone but some unforeseen moment in her past had robbed her of Valjan's treasured knowledge.

The last bit was perhaps the most intriguing aspect. She had offered to be his student, not knowing his name nor his affiliation. It spoke of a desire for knowledge. More then a desire. A hunger and need for more. To replace that which was lost or perhaps an avenue to find that which was denied her.

Nodding his head he pushed from the wall and stood to face her. His hand flicked what was left of the deathstick away. Hooking his thumbs into his belt he sighed.

"I will take you on a my student. I will give you home and hearth. I will teach you. I will open your eyes to the Galaxy... And to the force. However, you must agree to every one my commands. You can question, but you will obey. Your life will not be disposable to me. You will serve and learn and I will teach and protect. You will face exhaustion. I will push you until you break. I will be cruel at times, but I will be fair. This is my offer to you."

A smirk crossed his face.

"But before you answer perhaps you should know who I am and what I am. I am a warrior. I was trained to Knighthood by the Sith, though I hold no love for them. I despise the Jedi though I hold some as friend. I am the Mad Knight of Manda'yaim. I am Alor of Clan Farr. I am a Scion of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. I am warmonger and BattleLord. I am neither light nor dark."

He chuckled lightly as he gave a nod of his head.

"I am Muad Dib."

Familiarity...it coursed through the entire interaction, words were recognized that echoed of something lost behind a thick fog. Who...was this a part? The helmet's gaze straightens as the man continues to speak, a slow nod inching its way along her neck and through to her scalp before her body straightens once again. I know this...feeling, yes? No...a relationship, there was a word for this...arrangement? Apprenticeship, that was it. The offer comes quickly, to be taken in as a student and the caveats and implications follow shortly thereafter. She would not be held as a disposable object but as an individual who must prove themselves to receive what was requested, this journey would not be an easy one to undertake but that mattered very little to Valjan so long as she found what she was looking for.

A slight inclination of her helmet follows as the man continues to speak, slowly inching its way back up as the man reveals his training, his lack of current connection to either the Jedi or the Sith, his numerous and if she were being completely honest with herself rather impressive titles, and finally his name. A grin slowly forms behind the helmet before another silent nod makes itself known, her left hand shoots up to the left side of the gold and silver barrier surrounding her head and carefully depresses three points along the metallic material. Air forces its way between the separating midsection of the helmet as her thumb inches along the inside, carefully shifting the connections between it and the suit underneath her robes before removing the thing entirely and bringing it to a mag-lock at her belt. The other arm quickly brushes her 'helmet hair' to a more natural position, short and deep red, as her nearly iridescent green eyes lock on the glowing blue of Muad Dib's. The Zabrak continues her grin, carnivorous nature exemplified in the pronounced sharp teeth, until letting it gently fall to a thin lipped smile. By now the former branding of a slave would be obvious naming two distinct locations if one were to look closely enough, 'Korriban' and 'Dromund Kass'.

"You have been honest with me as far as I can tell, so I'll return the favor. I am Valjan Hon'rey, a Zabrak if it isn't apparent. I am a survivor first and foremost, from what little I can recall I was quite good at it. While I don't have any fancy titles or particular understandings on Sith and Jedi doctrines, something tells me the nature of being broken down and shaped into something greater is the correct path. I can do what I am told to do, and know that I most certainly have a mind atop my shoulders and I will absolutely question what I do not yet understand. I expected the path would not be a pleasant or easy one, but it is one I am willing to endure if it can bring me any closer to reclaiming what I've lost. Light or Dark, these concepts are largely without meaning to me...I will do what I must to ensure a brighter future for myself, my ideals, and those who seem worthy of aid."

She cants her head slowly to the left as another toothy smile creeps along her lips.

"I accept your terms."

[member="Muad Dib"]

The man listened as she spoke. As she did, however, Muad also spent the time looking on the young woman. He recognized the brands and some of the pieces that made up his new apprentice clicked into place. He well knew the harsh reality of both Korriban and Drommund Kaas. Only the strong survived. And not just the Sith but also the slaves. They were places where you either proved your or you were consumed and ground into the dust by the boots of those who considered themselves superior.

The fact that the woman bore the brands of both planets spoke of her tenacity and a spirit that would not be quelled. He grinned knowing that this was a good paring. Some would credit their random meeting to the Force working in mysterious ways. Muad neither cared nor held to being governed by a greater, unseen power. He believed that you made your own path. Just as this woman had done.

As she finished speaking he gave her a slight nod, blue eyes narrowing.

"Blood Cove. Meet me there on Geonosis. If any need identification tell them you are Muad Dib's new apprentice and you will be allowed to pass."

A final look and the Mad Knight away abruptly, striding away without a backwards glance.

The man stood under the baking Geonosian sun. The stone structure had stood for a millennia, an altar of blood where Justice was delivered in the most severe way. Win and you live. Die and your blood would stain the sand while your flesh was consumed leaving nothing but your bones that would slowly deteriorate to time. It was a harsh reality. But there was Justice in it.

Slowly he walked around the empty arena. No matter where he found himself he always gravitated to the sands. The desolation and danger of the dunes separated the water bloated from those willing to do what was necessary to survive and thrive.

Eyes wandered the ancient stone and a small grin crossed his face. He had trained in a coliseum such as this. All those he had previously trained had been in a coliseum such as this. It separated the wrap from the strong. It pushed those who entered to the extremes, and then it broke them. But only the truly worthy were able to be reforged in the fires.

The Mad man wondered idly if his apprentice was one of these. Time would tell he mused silently.

On a wooden table lay his beskar'gam and weaponry, all but the curved kal at his waist. Silently he lit a deathstick and stood within the embrace of the sun, basking in the heat. His dark brown trousers and boots with his tan long sleeved tunic were already sweat stained. The sleeves were rolled up revealing the blue Sith runes running from elbow to hand upon his left arm. Scars decorated his exposed forearms.

The woman listened as his blue eyes narrowed, toothy smile thinning as she canted her head to the left. She offered another lighthearted wave as Muad Dib turned and started off in the opposite direction. Well, that went quite well!

Straightening her stance she settles back against the wall, tapping lightly at her unmasked chin with a lightly audible murmur, "Geonosis...geonosis..." She pushes off the wall while snapping the thumb and middle finger of her left hand and raising her voice, "Ah! The old bug planet!" It's also where the CIS is setting up for their capital, correct? ....Mmm, we'll look it up on the way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepping off the ramp of her ship, sensors relay a great deal of information though largely the oppressive heat and lack of moisture in the atmosphere is what catches Valjan's eye. Parameters for temperature control drift across her HUD laying out approximate timings before the heat is no longer manageable by the sealed suit, she snorts once shaking her head. No reason to waste any energy getting to where we're going, besides we're probably going to be tested in anything named the 'Blood Cove'. Doubtful comfortable temperature regulation is anything close to what we're getting. Her fingers drift up to the side of her helmet, basking for a moment longer in the temperature differential between the sealed suit and the oppressive heat, before indenting the buttons and allowing the helmet to release its lock. She wrestles her thump in between the seals and allows the dry air to quickly fill the former hermetically sealed environment, sweat rises almost immediately in protest to the temperature differential.

Shaking the helmet hair out of its position, she grins sharply as if in defiance of her own discomfort. Let's see what Geonosis wishes to offer, yes? A small, bubbling laughter makes its way from her lips as she magnetically locks the bronze and silver helmet to her belt. With the sweat beginning to build she removes her simplistic red robe entirely revealing the much plainer black suit underneath and begins her way to the Blood Cove, removing the interlocking pieces and placing them in the pouch to her right as she travels. Spotting someone that looks akin to a form of government official she immediately chooses a different path, avoiding any unnecessary delay. Name dropping might work.. or it might take a few hours. Best to just avoid it outright. Slipping down an alley she continues toward her destination.

She arrived at the ancient and frankly dilapidated structure. It was made of stone and obviously still served in some functional purpose, after all it was still standing. Simple, it serves a purpose and isn't meant as more than that after all this time. Practical...if somewhat odd. She cants her head with a bemused smile settling across her lips, suit completely removed leaving her clothed in simple shorts and a cropped tank-top already damp with sweat. Her belt remains with the hilt of her lightsaber attached alongside her helmet, pack strapped over her left shoulder and across her chest. Her form is adorned with a multitude of scars typically of smaller cuts or whipping, these scars are overshadowed in many areas by the thick black tattoos running not only across her face but over her entire frame. She lets her arms sway loosely as she walks up to Muad Dib, similarly dressed for the weather, and takes a moment to observe the gear he has set aside on the wooden table. Offering a small wave she bows ever so slightly.

"Master." she intoned with a wry smile hanging on her lips.

[member="Muad Dib"]

Watching the young woman maker her way into the ancient coliseum cause a wave of nostalgia to hit him. How many times had he stood upon the sands of the arena in preparation of some form of training? How many different suns had baked his back under exertion? How many whisps if dust had drank the blood and sweat that had flowed from him?

Too many. And yet, not enough.

Looking her over as she strode across the arena made Muad smirk. Sensible clothing, toned body, proportionate muscle density. She was fit, there was no doubt. The green irises that clashed with the crimson skin was a striking contrast. Memorable which was good for some missions, bad for others. He knew well about that with his own glowing azure eyes.

As she reached him and greeted Muad with the title, Master he gave a slight tilt of his head in acknowledgment. Motioning with his left arm, covered in sith runes, to the table he turned to walk away.

"Place your belongings there and come."

To the center he strode then stopped. Motioning with a have to one of the tunnels that were carved into the rock, he watched several Geonosians enter the sands, standing a ways off. They were not armed, but the four still looked imposing despite the lack of weaponry.

Turning back to Valjin he smiled slightly. He had noticed the cylinder at her waist representing a lightsaber. He was curious how she attained it, or if she could remember. But for now it was time for Muad to test his apprentice. He needed to know what she was capable of, what she knew, what muscle memory retained within them.

"These four are dated for death. They volunteered to assist me first however."

Stepping several meters away he waved a hand in their direction.

"Kill her ... If you can."

He crossed his arms and watched the Geonosians advance. The cold steel stare gave neither sympathy to the woman nor the bugs. But despite his hard exterior, the man pulled the force to himself. He wasn't going to allow the bugs to kill Valjin if she was unable to defend herself. Yet he wanted to know what she was capable of. And perhaps she needed to know as well.

She does as she is bid, taking the strap from her shoulder and placing the pack atop the table alongside the majority of Muad Dib's weapons. Reaching for the helmet at her left side, she disconnects the magnetic lock and holds it out to the table, it rests in both her hands for several long moments reflecting the gleaming sun overhead before she finally lets the thing rest on the table. Her right hand slowly settles on the saber, hilt radiating heat from the baking sun as her fingers wrap around, she disconnects the magnetic lock and carefully hefts the thing in her hand considering whether to place it on the table or to bring it with her. It is a belonging...yet also a tool. We removed several of our tools, should we hinder our actions further? A test... almost certainly. We should prove what we can when we have nothing, yes?

Slowly shaking her head she sets the saber hilt on the table, taking a deep breath before swiftly cracking her neck and making her way alongside Muad Dib. Standing at her Master's side she nods as the man speaks. Why must they die? They could yet live, escape whatever fate had befallen them. They should fight for their survival.

Another set of words as the man paces back and the Geonosians were advancing, she was meant to face them all and at Muad Dib's tone she was certain they would do exactly as he demanded. Precarious. Perhaps we can still make allies?

"You could escape Geonosians! Why forfeit your life here? Out there a chance always remains!" she shouts, readying her stance into a defensive posture. The Geonosians seem to pay her words no heed as they continue to advance, beginning to spread out while drawing nearer to her position. Then you are my enemies. The defensive posture deteriorates as she makes a hard break for the other side of the arena that was to her back, the crumbling structure offered loose stones and those same stones were her destination. Reaching a full sprint she barely manages to detect the leg swinging at her from the sky out of her periphery, rolling to her right and quickly planting herself in a defensive crouch she looks at the Geonosian who had just kicked with wings extended and quickly moving to her.

Her brow furrows as she lets out an intermittent pulse through the Force, jagged edges and extraordinarily unfocused but enough to keep tabs on what isn't in her view. They can fly, all of them. We can't reach the stones... With the other three closing in she charges straight for the one who had attempted to kick her, a furious grin playing across her lips as she jumps at the Geonosian who tries to avoid the movement. Its own momentum carries it into the grapple and Valjan latches her hand on the point where the creature's right wing meets its body, her other arm wrapped around and under the Geonosian's left. They plummet, it's not a long fall but enough to damage the creature's left wing in the awkward landing and a hefty shock to her right forearm. Hissing, her grin grows wider as she slowly wrenches the creature's left arm with her right, quickly scrambling in position to pin the creature down. Glancing blows from the Geonosian land as she continues the struggle, guarding her abdomen before fully pinning the first Geonosian.

Another pulse forces its way out, feeling at the distances and movements of the others. A bastion of force energy seems to gather elsewhere, near but distant from the current focus. Not enough time, we think later. Action, the bugs. Feeling again the points are quickly approaching, frustration swells through her as she smashes her left fist into the Geonosian's carapace much like a Bantha might succeed in walking through a durasteel wall. Break! Break! Why!? Won't! You! Break!? Exasperation leads her to the ragged edges of her Force, she reaches and it answers with branches of electricity rippling through her clenched fist and into the bug below her. The Geonosian seizes then simply stops with a finality, point of impact charred black on the creature's carapace, whitish green goop seeping from what once were probably eyes. Pain arcs suddenly into her senses, the scent of charred flesh and some other form of organic carbonizing making itself known. A sigh sounds from her lips, part pained and part enthralled in the sensations, as she licks across her exposed, sharp teeth.

With her left hand blackened, burnt, and bloody she points out to the remaining Geonosians who have paused momentarily at the disturbing scene before them. A vehement smile spreading along her lips briefly before she reigns the physical expression in.

"Stop. I promise the final one of you standing will live their last moments in excruciating agony. It will continue as long as I can draw it out and that depends entirely on your bodies. Unless! You surrender, you will still die as you must but I will not draw it out. Do not force me to make you suffer." she demands with a staggering confidence. I'm not so sure we can take the rest, if they all strike at once we'll be relying on however we did 'that'. The pain of her left hand arcs again but she keeps her fingers steady, slowly clenching the bloody mess of her hand and sneering at the Geonosians. And if this is any indication, I don't know how much of 'that' we can take ourselves. Standing defiant, she continues to observe the reluctant movements of the Geonosians, awaiting their obeisance or attack.

[member="Muad Dib"]

Leisurely he walked along the sands following the beginning of the dance of combat. Watching her move and where Valjin was running to, his mind leapt forward taking in the various strategies that could be applied once she reached the destination of dilapidated mason work. But before she reached her goal the battle was joined. Extending his senses he focused on his apprentice, taking in her emotions and physical responses as she grappled with the first Geonosian. Her initial retort before she retreated gave him the idea that she would be different from the other students he had trained. Most were blood thirsty Sith who had never contemplated diplomacy nor using words and logic to defuse the situation. Valjin would be unique in that aspect.

Skirting the edge of the fight he kept a careful eye on the other three waiting combatants as Valjin wrestled and then struck her opponent until she unleashed the force killing the bug and wounding herself in the process. A smile curved his lips as he appraised the abilities she had shown thus far. Rising she called out again to the remaining Geonosians in another attempt to sway the fight into a more neutral territory. Chuckling he raised his hand as he stepped forward between the warriors.

"Hold. You three, return and arm yourselves. Then come back."

As the remaining bugs turned back from where they came, flying back to the tunnel, Muad walked within a few steps of Valjin, eyes surveying her hand for several seconds. Satisfied she would live he turned, motioning for her to follow as he journeyed back across the arena to the table.

"An interesting display. I know you can sense others in the Force, that was how you found me. If you extend your senses you would have known the bugs didn't have a choice. They committed offenses and the penalty is death. Their honor will not allow them to run."

Back at the table he stopped and gripped the hem of his shirt, pulling it up and over his head to lay on the table. With his back to her he began pulling on his gauntlets. The exposed back had layers of scars. The history of his life of battle written upon his body. Turning as he finished with his gauntlets he looked up, blue eyes meeting green.

"You know how you can relax and yet see everything around you? Your peripherals? You can do the same with the Force. Your vision allows you to be aware of an opponent while also seeing and tracking others. It's the same with the Force. Instead of just focusing and getting tunnel vision in the Force, keep your awareness loose as you do with your sight. Not only will you sense much more but it will allow you to sense intent which can tell you if you have a chance to talk your way out of a situation. Or warm you of an impending attack."

From the tunnel came the three bugs, each caring a single weapon. Sword , spear , and shield were held. Turning from the coming warriors Muad nodded to the table.

"Choose a weapon and meet them."

Walking toward the center of the arena where the Geonosians were walking he bit his lip a moment. He was tempted to give her more words of direction and insight, but this was the testing. Fighting three enemies at once was not an easy task. There was a chance she would fail and fall. But the man was prepared to intervene before that occurred. Pausing in the sand he turned, his fists on his hips, to watch the next stage of battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom