Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching For The Lost

The Lightsaber made short work of the blast door and as the visitors stepped into the room beyond the computer suddenly gained all the knowledge of the G module that it couldn't find before. There was a bank of ancient computers lining one wall and a small workshop on the other. In the centre of the room there was a powered down droid connected to the computers by a series of cables. The lights blinked on as they moved further into the room and the screens on the computers blinked on.

The Lightsaber made short work of the blast door and as the visitors stepped into the room beyond the computer suddenly gained all the knowledge of the G module that it couldn't find before. There was a bank of ancient computers lining one wall and a small workshop on the other. In the centre of the room there was a powered down droid connected to the computers by a series of cables. The lights blinked on as they moved further into the room and the screens on the computers blinked on.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="AD-8"], [member="Ultimatum"],

Few seconds later a loud clang would resonate throughout the room and the corridor behind them as a hole was melted through the metal door, causing large piece of its metal structure to fall to the floor.

HK stepped through it immediately, bending down to not hit his head on the glowing red hot metal edge as he deactivated the lightsaber. Scanning the room he would step to the side to let Ultimatum pass through as well,

"It is a droid."

He announced to his companion as his receptors followed cables and data lines to the older computer units,

"See if you can use those terminals over there to turn him on while I look at what the workshop was used for?"

HK proposed to Ultimatum, knowing the other droid's history with cybernetics, the V project, and just the way he did things Ultimatum was probably more skilled out of the two when it came to slicing and dealing with computers. HK had a pretty good knack of manufacturing processes and engineering, especially when it came to building other droids and weaponry.

The lightsaber proved itself to be, as was entirely expected, an excellent cutting tool. The heated blade made short work of the doorway and the two were inside in moments. Ultimatum appreciated [member="HK-36"] moving out of the way, it made it easier to step in and to the right. He scanned the room, looking through various light frequencies in order to take in everything in the room. It did not appear too out of the ordinary, though there was an offline droid body in the room connected to some computers. He had a sneaking suspicion about its purpose.

As HK suggested that Ultimatum take on the task of working the computer, he took a few steps towards it. As he neared the droid realized just how old the computer was. This system was outdated several times over. He hoped he could get it working. "I'll see what I can do."

With that the droid began trying to bring up an interface. It shouldn't have been too difficult once that was so. As HK believed, Ultimatum knew his way around computers. Perhaps better than he knew the physical world. It certainly would be interesting to see how this computer worked, compared to his usual.

[member="AD-8"]

The small workshop on one side of the room obviously hadn't been in use for some time as the tools looked old and outdated but everything was tidy and put away waiting for the day they needed to be used again. The computers were covered in a thick layer of dust and as [member="Ultimatum"] turned them on the interface flickered and distorted before turning to normal. The security droids that followed them stood motionless at what was left of the door, observing the room beyond

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Ultimatum"], [member="AD-8"],

Looking over the tools and the workshop while Ultimatum fiddled with the console, HK would speak up to the other droid again,

"I am not able to determine what the workshop was used for right away,"

Saying this he would scan it again to check if he would notice any residue or left over materials from past projects used on the workshop,

"But it looks like it was not used or even touched by another being in an extremely long time. I think our droid friend may have been the owner of this work station and the last being to use it. Perhaps this room was his personal quarters,"

HK turned to look back to Ultimatum as he worked to bring the derelict machine online,

"Or his cell."

The older droid proposed to his Artificial Sovereign friend.

"Got any clear readings on those consoles?"

Ultimatum continued clicking away, giving the computer breaks when it was loading. The artificial did not immediately respond to [member="HK-36"] and his comments, instead focusing on the older computer and trying to find its functionality. The computer was not entirely difficult to navigate, but nor was it particularly simple. When he did at last peel himself away from the console and looked to HK he replied, "Or this could have been left by the original makers of the complex, perhaps they were looking into some form of advanced droid making."

He turned back the console, testing out functions and trying to find some directory. He could spend a long time simply randomly searching over the computer, but that was entirely inefficient and unlikely to help him find anything. If there were some deeper function then it was very possible he would pass right over it without looking. If he could find a point where there was a collection of the functions then it would be far simpler to pass over them. Forcing his way into the computer however would have a negative effect on the systems and Ultimatum did not want to stress the old device more than necessary.

"Not very clear, there are some things here, but until I can clear things up a bit I won't get a good reading."

The artificial looked back to HK and then noted that the guard droids that had been shadowing them were now simply standing at the door. Perhaps they knew something about the room that they were not letting on. He asked in the general direction of the droids, "You guys know anything that can help us here? We not supposed to be in this room or something?"

[member="AD-8"]

"This is AD-8, the only surviving droid from our leader, Zalex Daximov's AD command droid expreiment. Zalex placed him here after his pirate fleet was hunted down by a large defense fleet in an effort to save AD-8 from bieng captured. AD has been in shutdown ever since he was placed here but knows the location of 2 star destroyers that have been hidden." One of the droids said.

[member="HK-36"]
[member="Ultimatum"]

HK-36

"What the fu-"

HK suddenly turned around, somewhat startled as one of the security droids in the doorway spoke up,

"You can talk?! Why were you just following us in silence this whole time then, say 'hello' or tell us more about the ship or something instead of just following us without a word."

He looked over to Ultimatum then,

"It is not just me, right? Is that a pretty weird behavior to you too? Because if it is just me then I will shut up, but I feel like it is not just me."

The droid would turn back to the security droids that just spoke up to them,

"Great, a pirate-droid, but I suppose star destroyers do not grow on trees."

HK would move over closer to Ultimatum to have a look at the console the other droid was working on,

"Well do you know how to turn this AD-8 back online?"

Ultimatum found that information interesting. The droid, which had apparently been kept here to keep it secure against capture had the location of two star destroyers. Ultimatum wondered if the ships were even still in existence, much less in the same location that the droid knew them to be at. The galaxy had moved quite a bit since this droid had last been active, unless of course it had been activated more recently than the console suggested.

He was about to question the security droid further when it appeared that [member="HK-36"] had the artificial approximate to a conniption. It amused Ultimatum, he had never even imagined that the older droid was capable of such outbursts... But then again, perhaps it should have been expected. Droids overall didn't handle long periods without memory wipes too well. This was less obvious from his perspective, given that personality quirks and opinions were the norm for him. This was one of the few examples of an exception to his normality.

When asked his opinion Ultimatum prepared an answer, hoping not to sound too contradictory. After all, security droids were not exactly intended for social interaction. Perhaps whoever had constructed this place wanted to build droids that would not usually speak with those around them unless addressed directly. He knew some organics did not appreciate having an artificial being conversing with them.

Fortunately, for Ultimatum, HK seemed to be moving rather quickly through his anger and soon turned his attention to the computer. Ultimatum quickly turned back to the terminal and spoke as he began moving through the files of the system. "Now that I have an idea of the purpose of this I am pretty sure I can figure out how to operate it." He attempted to locate the system and activate the droid. Wondering in the meantime if perhaps the computer that ran this station was in some way related to the droid. It would not be the first time he came across such.

[member="AD-8"]

What ever [member="Ultimatum"] had done it seemed to work and the droids internal systems started to run again

-//-start up protocol initialising
//running
//
//processor starting
//processor operational
//
//main system starting
[//]
[//]main system online
[//]system scan initilising
[//]all systems online
[//]
//
-//-start up protocol finished

The droid's eyes flickered on.

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36

"Oh chit, you actually got it to work."

HK proclaimed a bit surprised as the sequence Ultimatum put into the console was successful and soon enough the mysterious machine was booting up, with AD's photoreceptor eyes flickering online,

"Hello, can you hear me?"

The older droid asked AD as he moved closer, waving his hand in front of AD's eyes as he leaned in,

"I am the Iron Lord Protector,"

HK introduced himself before leaning back, motioning over to Ultimatum,

"And this is the Artificial Sovereign, we were able to successful reboot you. It seems you have been deactivated for a rather prolonged period of time, do you recall your designation?"

Basically he was asking AD if he remembered his name.

"You doubt?" Ultimatum smiled as he jokingly replied.

Ultimatum checked the computer once more, just to ensure that the system continued to function and if there would be any extra information told to them. The artificial then bowed as HK introduced them to the droid. Ultimatum wondered what this droid was, and what purpose it might have served, or perhaps why it had been left quiet for so long. The situation was not unique, at least in so far as awakening ancient programs, Ultimatum recalled his time trying to discover the SCORPIO program. Of course, that adventure had been far more dangerous than this, and it had added a comatose organic into his menagerie. He hoped he would have to deal with half the issues he had experienced that time.

[member="AD-8"] [member="HK-36"]

"I am AD-8" he replied suddenly before testing his joints worked by moving his limbs. "I am the last of the AD program and I was left here in an effort to survive to revive the pirate fleet. I have the location of 2 Star destroyers that were left for me." he continued while standing up. "Now, shall we get off this piece of scrap?" He asked.

[member="HK-36"]
[member="Ultimatum"]

HK-36

[member="AD-8"],

"Sounds like a fine idea, AD-8,"

HK nodded with agreement to AD, motioning for him to follow him out the ship,

"We are representative of the Metal Lords, a group of free droids who travel and adventure through the Galaxy and just generally mess around gathering resources and enjoying our freedom."

The droid explained to AD,

"We have some ships with us to transport you and the other security droids aboard here if you want. What sort of programming do you have? Naval-tactical?"

"I am programmed for both naval and ground warfare tactics," AD-8 replied, as if reading from a manual, "let's go."

He walked through what remained of the door, stepping over the large chunk that had been cut out.

"Lower your blasters and follow me," He said to the security droids, "were getting off this station."

He motioned for [member="HK-36"] to follow him.

The computer listened in to what AD was saying, it didn't want to be left here all alone so looked for droids that were shut down. It found a decaying medical droid in the upper sections of the station and set itself to work downloading itself into the droids mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom