Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scylla

[SIZE=11pt]Once she had settled into her new position as the Minister of Science and Health, crafting all sorts of abominations to contribute to the First Order war machine, the Moff had taken some time to refocus on her responsibilities with IGBC as its hidden master.[/SIZE]

It had appeared that her predecessors had been in talks to provide services to the First Order, but the projects had never gotten past the planning stages. Now, as the First Order was ramping up its campaigns against the Galactic Alliance, she saw an opportunity to expand her influence through another avenue by revisiting said projects.

She worked through Vice President Mellanyhttps://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_200_200/p/3/000/25f/20f/20ad6f8.jpg Bakerhttps://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_200_200/p/3/000/25f/20f/20ad6f8.jpg to schedule a meeting with Grand Moff [SIZE=11pt]Fortan[/SIZE] and the relevant officials, to be hosted at the grand [SIZE=11pt]Farrador[/SIZE] estatehttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/106976-farrador-castle/?view=getlastpost on Dosuun. Suravi would be present in her official capacity as Moff, essentially the head of technological development and research within the First Order. It would be her department that would have to figure out how to securely integrate all of IGBC’s systems within the First Order’s grid of networks that spanned several sectors and to ensure proper compliance with all standards and regulations. All dry stuff, and the least appealing aspect of her duties, but it had to be done.

[SIZE=11pt]Farrador[/SIZE] was an idyllic scene of mountains, rivers, and forests under clear blue skies. Closer to the coast, there were endless tracts of sprawling fields and vineyards as far as the eye could see, making [SIZE=11pt]Farrador[/SIZE] one of the great breadbaskets of Dosuun and Wild Space in general.

The castle was alive with its inhabitants of live-in employees and guests alike, though there had been a noticeable drop in visitor traffic since the outbreak of war between the First Order and the Galactic Alliance. Every day, more and more of
[SIZE=11pt]Farrador’s[/SIZE] produce was being shipped directly to the front lines.

It was here at the
castle that the conference would take place, in one of the refurbished ballrooms repurposed for meetings. There would be brunch provided where attendants could mingle, but then it would be right to business.as IGBC finalized arrangements with the First Order.

[SIZE=14.6667px][member="Natasi Fortan"][/SIZE]

skin, bone, and arrogance
Dosuun was something of an enigma to Natasi Fortan, even though it had been her home for some years now. She mainly kept to herself in Avalonia, though she had a rather splendid little hideaway in the mountains northeast of the capital. Still, she was either at Number 10, Breakriver, or on a shuttle when she was on the capital. She knew that it had vast agricultural lands outside the cities but she had never quite found herself visiting them. It wasn't that Natasi wasn't the outdoorsy type; she supposed she was just busy.

Now, surrounded on all sides as she was by the farmland as she found herself being driven down a long drive, Natasi was confronted by the reality of it. It was impressive; it was inspiring, even.

The Farrador Estate was the residence of her Science and Health Minister, Moff [member="Suravi Teigra"]. She was an interesting character, Natasi thought. Eminently qualified for the position, Teigra had thrown herself into her work for the First Order with a gusto that Natasi could appreciate. The speeder eased to a stop in front of the estate and Natasi was helped out by the driver. "Wait with the car, and I'll see what they do about servants," Natasi instructed him as she worked her hands into a pair of black leather gloves, which matched her long coat and prim little hat. Natasi tucked her black patent handbag into the crook of her elbow and strolled up to the door to make her presence known.

[member="Suravi Teigra"]

When Natasi arrived at the castle complex, she would be greeted personally by the director of the estate along with a small entourage, while a valet - a human looking biot - appeared to park the speeder inside the garage. It gave the option for the driver to either follow Natasi, wait in the gatehouse, or wander around the grounds.

The boisterous director would start talking Natasi's ear off as he led her through the stony inclined walkways on a mini tour of the complex on their way to the restricted area. All around them would be visitors moving to and fro, mostly some kind of VIP, whether they be business moguls, blue bloods, ranking bureaucrats, etc. Many of them would recognize the Grand Moff on sight, but they knew better than to gawk, offering little but a smile or respective nod at most.

Lurking about were scores of private security and Suravi's personal Republican Guard, all in plainclothes to fit in with the crowds. Behind the pristine walls of the castle, heavily armed special response teams lay in wait in case anything went down. It was much more security than was the norm, to ensure the safety of Natasi outside of Avalonia. She had quite the penchant for getting into all sorts of trouble.

Past the inner gates to the restricted area that was Suravi's private residence, and the Director would finally take her into the inside of the separate upper complex, a neo-gothic affair of bold and dark colors, broken up by shafts of bright morning light that peeked through the pulled curtains. The halls were furnished with real oil paintings, sculptures, and other artifacts from the galaxy over. The air was sweet from the hardwood floors and panels made from lacquered resinwood.

Soft music emanated down the end of one wide hall from open bay doors, accompanied by savory aromas of brunch. Through the doors, there would be Suravi with Mrs. Baker at a large round table topped with pitchers of beverages and covered platters, chatting away over a steaming cups of spiced chai.

"Ah, Fortan," Suravi announced as she stood up to greet her with an outstretched hand, tawny eyes glittering. "Punctual as always, though it would have been a shame to have you beat me to my own home."

Mrs Baker would rise to join Suravi, contrasting the Moff's cream dress and coat with a flowing black pantsuit, the dark silken material shimmering under the soft lights. Suravi moved aside to let her have a turn at greeting Natasi.

"Grand Moff Fortan, this has been a long time coming. On behalf of the InterGalactic Banking Clan, it's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance."

She spoke with a peculiar sharp and staccato accent much different from what was the norm in the region.

She didn't immediately raise her hand to shake as Suravi did, but leaned forward slightly, lingering in a place for a response.

Natasi let her dark eyes drink in everything she saw as she strolled through the grounds and the house. The Director was a chatty woman; Natasi suspected that she was deeply competent -- the only possible trade-off Natasi would accept if she were the woman's employer. She thought for a moment of Sioux Chambers. The woman had been harsh but brutally efficient -- always well-informed, always providing the best advice. If she hadn't been that good at her job, her attitude would have made employment impossible.

Still. It was none of her business. It was nice to remember Sioux for a moment; the woman had been gone nearly a year, but a day didn't go by where Natasi didn't think of Sioux.

She didn't have much more time to think of her, as she was ushered into a beautifully appointed room with [member="Suravi Teigra"] and an attractive blonde woman that she recognized as Mellany Baker. Natasi exchanged a firm handshake with Moff Teigra. "Moff Teigra -- good to see you. Well, you know," she said in response to commentary on her punctuality. "As my father said, if you're not ten minutes early, you're late. Anyway, it gave me plenty of time to see your charming gardens." She turned as she was approached by Mrs. Baker.

"Mrs. Baker," said the Grand Moff quietly, extending a hand in greeting. "How do you do? I was very pleased to build a very productive working relationship with your predecessor and I hope to do the same with the Banking Clan's new leadership."

"Then let's work to maintain those good relations already in place," Mrs. Baker replied as she shook hands with Natasi.

"Over a nice cup of chai," Suravi chimed in as she returned to her seat. Tea, coffee, orange juice, just about ever beverage under the sun was available across the large spread on the round table.

"If only Moff Endo and Talbot shared your philosophy. They should be with us shortly."

With
Natasi around, Suravi didn't hold back on eating any longer. She removed the lid off one platter before her to reveal a small pan of lobster quiche, already
precut into neat little slices. The inbuilt electric heaters at the bottom of each tray kept all the dishes warm, so there would be a little steam that would waft out upon lifting the lid.

After shaking hands with
Natasi, Mrs. Baker would pull away to return to her seat next to Suravi, green eyes glancing over at the empty chair to her right.

Aside from the three women, the room would be empty. No servers or other attendants about to eavesdrop on the high-level confidential discussions about to take place. A fact that clearly did not bother Suravi as she
helped her self to a bit of everything on the table. Augmented humans like she all had quite the appetite.

[member="Natasi Fortan"]

The Grand Moff walked over to the drink selection and picked up a china cup, then studied her options for a few moments before deciding on the chai. She filled her cup, poured in a little milk and two cubes of sugar before going towards the food options. She selected a single slice of the quiche and then moved to take her seat at the table with [member="Suravi Teigra"] and the banker. Natasi took the napkin from her place setting and draped it across her lap, then leaned back against the back of the chair delicately, crossing her legs beneath the table.

"We can have a healthy discussion about it," said Natasi politely, glancing to Suravi with a gleam in her eye. "But ultimately, Moff Endo and Moff Talbot will share whatever philosophy I tell them to," Natasi concluded primly, her lips twitching up at the edges to imply the joke. She rested her hands on her lap and looked over at Mrs. Baker with a smile. "It's good to see the Banking Clan getting up on its feet again. I feel we could do great things together. For instance, we had plans to open a stock exchange on Dosuun -- the First Order has become a regional financial power; even those systems nearby who are independent use First Order financial services. If we were to partner, the fee income alone would be considerable."

She lifted her teacup and took a sip. "Thoughts?"

IGBC

I
Director Baker took her time formulating a response to the Grand Moff's proposal as she was fixing her coffee. "At IGBC, we don't profit from interchange or other fees from basic financial services. We keep our fees as low as possible to make banking more accessible for startups and low-income individuals; anything we collect on that front goes right into covering direct overhead. However, with a market as large as the First Order, I suppose we'll achieve some slim profit margin from the sheer volume of your population pool."

"I feel our mutual interests would be better served with a different kind of arrangement. That is, the First Order officially adopting the new Galactic Credit Standard maintained by IGBC's neural networks. Such a move would instill confidence in your citizens and the local business community, and serve to attract greater foreign investment."

Her coffee was still black as she finally took a sip, having only added a few sugar cubes. "For the original plans about the stock exchange, that in itself with attract a huge surge of interest in the First Order. To my knowledge, there's never been a stock exchange in this region, at least not on the galactic scale. IGBC maintains its own electronic exchange, so we would be ready to provide access to the First Order as soon as we are allowed to integrate into your networks and get everything up to regulations. I'm assuming you would also like some kind of physical floor to go along with the electronic exchange as well?"

((OOC note: I'm still writing this as if the war between the FO and GA is in full swing, and there is still uncertainty about the FO's success.))

[member="Natasi Fortan"]

Natasi placed her napkin over her lap and studied Baker for a moment. "Curious. All my intelligence indicates that the citizens of the First Order have unshakeable confidence in their currency and markets," Natasi said quietly before lifting her cup for another sip of her beverage. The Grand Moff straightened her back and inclined her head for a moment. "I'm not opposed to tying our currency to the galactic standard credit, but I do worry about the possibility of currency manipulation if we were to have our currency in the hands of those who may not have our best interests at heart. Not to say you, you understand," she added quickly.

"Tell me, Director, what type of safeguards are in place to prevent this kind of manipulation?"

[member="Suravi Teigra"] | [member="IGBC"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom