Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scion-Class AA-SHBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
aa_uc_tank_by_tugodoomer-d7atr7d.jpg
Image Credit: AA UC Tank :: Total Extinction
Intent: This submission will make use of the Rosebush weapon system in a non-aerial platform for the first time and is meant to be a multi-role juggernaut of anti-air/anti-armor
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives
Model: Scion-Class Anti-Air/Anti-Armor Super-Heavy Battle Tank
Affiliation: The Confederacy of Independent Systems
Modularity: Modular Loadout, Optional Miscellaneous Equipment
Production: Limited (200)
Material: Ceramic Ablative Plating, Durasteel Chassis & Armor, Terenthium-Desh Suspension Rig, Misc. Component Metals and Compounds
Description: Packing approximately 25.4 cm. of armor with ablative reactive plating included and weighing in at around 80 tons, the Scion SHBT is a colossal armored vehicle. It's primary gun and secondary turret options are both anti-air focused, however the Rosebush can be loaded with RRDI's patented Umbra I-AT munition which allows the tank to conversely take an anti-armor role. Connected to the main gun turret is also another turret mounted on a mechanical swivel. The secondary turret has several options; an air burst missile rack for high trajectory ground attacks, a concussion missile silo for anti-air, and an internally man-operated rotary blaster cannon turret. All of these weapons are readily available to be swapped out with each other when not in combat, requiring minimal tools and effort, and an engine lift. Production is heavily limited as RRDI's primary facilitation is devoted to the production of spacecraft and vehicle weapon systems, and maintenance costs are high due to radical design aspects.
Role: Anti-Air/Anti-Armor Super-Heavy Tank
Height: 6.2 m.
Length: 11.7 m.
Width: 8.92 m.
Weight: 79.79 mt. Dry Weight
Minimum Crew: 3
  • Driver
  • Gunner
  • Spotter
Optimal Crew: 4
  • Driver
  • Gunner
  • Spotter
  • Engineer
Propulsion: [ 4 ] Independent-Operation Tracks, [ 2 ] Plasma Rotor Engines
Top Speed: 24 km/h
Armaments:
​Choice Options (Pick One):
Passenger Capacity:
  • Warning: Not Designed for Non-Combat Passengers
  • 2 (Main Compartment)
  • 2 (Storage Compartment, Empty)
Cargo Capacity: 302.83 lt., 1.2 mt.
Misc. Equipment:
  • 80 lt. Saddle Bags (optional)
  • 120 lt. Plasteel Containers (optional)
  • Ionic Smoke Dispensers
  • Liquid Fire Suppresion System
  • IR Laser Designator (Top Right)
  • FST Sensor (Above Main Gun)
  • Missile Radar System (Warhead Loadout Only)
  • 20 Spare Track Links

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Særa Ayña Savan said:
[ 1 ] Heavy Rotary Turbolaser (Internal Generator) {8}
I think you mean heavy rotary laser cannon. Additionally, if you want something with eight laser cannon barrels to be worth eight guns, they can't be heavy. If you object to this just being a 'rotary laser cannon,' or if you - yeah, y'know what? I think this system needs a tech submission of its own to nail down rate of fire and other details.

Beyond that, I request the aid of the Buddha of Tanks, [member="Popo"] himself.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]
So I've consulted with the tank man, and here's the verdict. Take some time, think about it, make appropriate edits or clarifications or expansions as you see fit, tag me when you're done.

It's trying to be anti-air and anti-tank all in one, and dual specialization doesn't work out well for tanks. Additionally, tank-based anti-air platforms are inferior to dedicated AA emplacements. If you're trying to be a mobile AA emplacement (as you seem to be, due to the gun, the glacial speed, and the sitting-duck nature of a tank this big and slow), be that.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Særa Ayña Savan said:
Armaments:
  • [ 1 ] MMSW-30 Rosebush Quad Autocannon (4,000 Round Feed) {8}
Choice Options (Pick One):
  • [ 1 ] Dual MMSW-12 Skysword ABGM Launcher (4 ea.) {4}
  • [ 1 ] Dual ST2 Concussion Missile Launcher (8 ea.) {4}
  • [ 1 ] 360° Swivel Turret, Z6E Rotary Blaster Cannon {1}
[member="Rasho the Hutt"]
I've indeed been giving this some further thought and reassessment.

Well, the main gun is pretty much exactly a heavy AA gun anyways. The fact that it is capable of shooting downsized (independently submitted and approved) HEAT rounds just happens to be a bonus, so even without casting it in an AT role, it would still be able to hit armor almost as hard as a battle tank with a heavy solid-ammunition cannon would. It would only have to sacrifice incendiary flak (AA) ammo to do it too. So that's not something that even can be edited out, honestly, because the option is present by default with or without mention.

The secondary/top turret can be equipped with either of two kinds of AA-capable missiles with plenty of tracking capacity in the platform, and the third option of a rotary cannon can easily be used simply as self defense (or close-range AA fire, even) while the main gun uses actual AA ammunition like the vehicle was more particularly intended to. There's really no concerns of mine there, as all the options are AA-capable with one being AA in particular.

The mention of the Heavy Rotary Laser is now gone - I'll be honest, I didn't feel like subbing that.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]
The closest analogy I can think of for the autocannons on this vehicle is the 40mm Bofors Autocannon. With this in mind, the ammo submission that was approved is slightly more powerful, however, this would still not be very effective on medium sized tanks or larger aside from breaking a track or damaging external equipment like sensors and gunsights. Against light tanks/AFVs and medium tanks on the lighter side of the spectrum, you'd do some damage. All that said, anything with sufficient armor and an antispalling inner coating/prevention system would reduce the weapon's effectiveness.

Just my two bits :) [member="Rasho the Hutt"] has the sub.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
This submission is archived due to inactivity. If you wish to complete this submission please contact an RPJ or admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom