Template errors

• Template public:post_macros: [E_USER_WARNING] Accessed unknown getter 'Promotions' on XF:Post[1585420] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:202)
  • Template public:post_macros: [E_USER_WARNING] Accessed unknown getter 'Promotions' on XF:Post[1585421] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:202)
  • Template public:post_macros: [E_USER_WARNING] Accessed unknown getter 'Promotions' on XF:Post[1585422] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:202)
  • Template public:post_macros: [E_USER_WARNING] Accessed unknown getter 'Promotions' on XF:Post[1585423] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:202)
  • Template public:post_macros: [E_USER_WARNING] Accessed unknown getter 'Promotions' on XF:Post[1585424] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:202)
  • Template public:post_macros: [E_USER_WARNING] Accessed unknown getter 'Promotions' on XF:Post[1585425] (src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:202)
Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship SC-54D Corvum-Pattern Assault Shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
dCapkIX.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Image Credit: Star Wars
Intent: To create a standard Assault Shuttle for the MPTC.
Canon Link: Nu-class Attack Shuttle
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Mara-Perlemian Trade Council
Model: SC-54D Corvum-Pattern Assault Shuttle
Affiliation: Mara-Perlemian Trade Council

Modularity: See Below
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel Hull, Alusteel Armor Plating, Glassteel and Transparisteel cockpit.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Shuttle, Combat
Role: Assault/Boarding Shuttle
Length: 19.1m
Width: 28.7m (max w/ wings extended)
Height: 24.3m (max w/ wings folded)
Power Core Generator/Reactor: LP5f-2(V) Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 6.0
Crew: 3 + 2 Astromechs
Passenger Capacity: 30 Troops with full kit. Around 50 passengers could be carried if no troops or equipment are onboard.
Consumables: 1.5 months
Sublight Speed: High

Maneuverability: Very Low

ARMAMENT
Armament Rating: Low

• 2 x Twin Medium Laser Cannons

• 2 x Twin Ion Cannons
Defense Rating: Very High
Squadron Count: 1

NON-COMBAT ATTACHMENTS
  • Heavy Combat Ray Shielding
  • Heavy Combat Particle Shielding

• Standard Starfighter Sensor Package

• Standard Encrypted Communications Package

• Standard TAT and BAC Combat System Package

• Ionic Shielding Package

Ion Shields

• Cap Drains

• Duraplast Plating

• Energy Sinks

[*]
Standard Electronics Warfare/Countermeasure Package

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Active Decoy System - As opposed to more conventional chaff, the Active Decoy System launches a self-propelled, droid brain-controlled, disposable unit designed to mimic a much larger target and seduce incoming projectiles or temporarily 'blind' targeting sensors. It is ineffective against stealthed opponents or weapons, but it can be fired 'blind' (i.e. if no attacker is detected, just incoming missiles). Only four rounds are carried, but if properly employed they will make a missile volley miss or scramble a conventional fire control solution for several seconds.
  • Plasma Hull Cutter - Mounted on the nose the craft is a super high power Plasma cutter, designed to cut a hole in the hull of a non-compliant vessel and permit a forced boarding. While extremely effective at cutting through almost all common starship materials, it has an effective range of only a few meters, rendering it practically useless as an offensive weapon.
  • Directional Shield Disruptor - Also mounted on the nose, next to the Hull Cutter is a short-range wide-angle high-intensity shield disruptor, to allow the shuttle to punch through in the event the target craft has not already been bombarded until shields collapsed. Because the pulse focuses so much power in a wide circle it is very short ranged, and only effective against already weakened shields (i.e. you can't just blow through a fresh star destroyer).

Strengths:
  • Assault Shuttle: Tough and fast, the SC-54D is designed to rapidly close with an enemy vessel and put troops onboard it. It is very effective at this role.
Weaknesses:
  • The Rock: The SC-54D flies fast in a straight line, beelining to the target and depending on that speed and resilience to make it there. It does not maneuver well, and can be out-turned by even heavy fighters.
  • Hyperslow: Not generally designed to operate independently, the Corvum have a slow hyperspeed generally just used for emergencies.

DESCRIPTION
As an organization dedicated to protecting trade, inspections and customs are necessarily a part of the job for the TCAF. At times, this means boarding non-compliant vessels, an activity that demands swift action and craft designed to put up with the hazards of being fired on without warning. The Corvum-pattern Assault Shuttle is the MPTC's answer to that hazard when ti comes to putting troops on a ship.

Styled after the old Nu-class Attack Shuttle, the Corvum is a very tough, fast vessel with specialized tools to punch through both shields and hull and place an armed platoon onto pirates, smugglers, and potentially enemy warships. The vessel also possess a respectable armament to ward off direct attackers or assist in weakening shields before 'landing.' In ground operations it can be used for direct support, either before or after landing troops.

Overall it is not well-suited to dogfights or independent operations in space, as it maneuvers very poorly. It does possess a hyperdrive, but it's a slow one, and the vessel is generally carried by dedicated transports. In a pinch it can operate as a small transport or freighter itself, relying on its speed and incredible durability for protection.

A tough, effective boarder with impressive out-of-combat versatility, the Corvum makes a worthy addition to the Trade Council Armed Forces.

Edwin Mad-Thane said:
220-SIG Tactical Sensor Jamming Device
I point this out every time I see it used on a small ship submission, so for consistency's sake, I'm doing it again. I apologize for the poor image quality, but this is a 220-SIG Sensor Jamming Device as seen in the Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology:
KDY_220_SIG_Sensor_Jammer.jpg

I'm pointing this out for the record, and I don't expect to see it changed or removed, given how widespread it is on already approved, small ship submissions.

Edwin Mad-Thane said:
only effective against already weakened shields (i.e. you can just blow through a fresh star destroyer).

I'm guessing that one of these is a typo?

Otherwise, this looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom