Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sayne Beskar'gam

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: Beskar'gam for Vila
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: Beskar'gam
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: 22kg
  • Resistances (For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)
- Blasters: Very High
- Kinetic: Average
- Lightsabers: Very High - Low (Difference between plates, and necessary gaps)
- Ion: Low
- Sonic: Average
- Elemental: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES
Strengths:
  • Extreme Ratings: This armor is significantly effective against blasters and lightsabers compared to other armors.
  • Prepared: This armor has something for almost any situation.
  • Shield/Molecular Shield: This armor has both a light-shield able to be activated on her forearm, and an enveloping personal shield that protects the whole of her body, which can include molecular shielding.
  • Hermetically Sealed: When the seal is set, environmental hazards are less of an issue.
Weaknesses:
  • Below Average Ratings: This armor is less effective against Ion damage than other similar armors.
  • Heavy: This armor is heavier than normal due to heavy beskar plating and abundant subsystems.
  • Powered Armor: This armor is heavily dependent on its power systems, if that is disabled it is a significant disability in combat.
  • Hermetically Sealed: When the seal is engaged, this armor is entirely dependant on internal oxygen, and the power that moves it.
DESCRIPTION
Vila was raised to be Mandalorian, despite her parents both being Dar'manda. As part of the Resol'nare, her parents taught her to move in armor, fight in armor, and live in armor. Once she was sufficiently comfortable in armor, her parents actually recycled their own armors to provide material for her armor. They taught her how to mold the beskar, and how to make the armor.

Since leaving Anderahl, she has hidden the sigils of her parents clans, not out of shame for her parents, but to give herself a chance among Mandalorian culture without letting them know who she truly was. The armor is standard for Beskar'gam, with plates of beskar, with armorweave showing in the seams. The plates are the strongest part, obviously, but the seams allow for significantly more movement than a heavier concentration of plates would have. With this armor, Vila is trying for a balance of durability and mobility.

Atlas Kane

A
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Atlas Kane

A
In your strengths, you state that the armour has extreme ratings, but under the resistance ratings your highest is High, could you clarify that?

The shield should also be added to the strengths.

[member="Vila Sayne"]

[member="Atlas Kane"]

Vila Sayne said:
(For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)

I just wasn't feeling very creative with naming the strength, the template says that High, Very High, and Extreme are "Extreme Ratings" that require strengths to be listed.

Shield added to strengths.

Atlas Kane

A
The low resistance to ion weapons and the combat de-ioniser seem a little contradictory to me. Wouldn't the latter cancel out the former?

Additionally, I feel like the weight is a little low, considering both beskar, a very heavy metal, and all the gadgets involved that were added to the armour. Could you up the weight a little to more properly reflect that? A normal set of Beskar'gam weighs around 25 kg, though this set seems to be designed to be lighter than that, so something in the range of a few kg below the average would work.

Lastly, should the armour be disabled it seems that only a couple of the non-essential gadgets would be affected, rendering the armour to be fairly standard heavy armour, so I feel as though the second weakness is a little shallow compared to all the strengths the armour has, could you add a weakness or flesh that one out a little more?

Other than that it's a nice set of Beskar'gam!

Cheers.

[member="Vila Sayne"]

[member="Atlas Kane"]

I have upped the weight, I had gotten confused and that is on me.

I added heavy as a weakness, as well as a new Strength/Weakness combo in Hermetically Sealed, which makes the wearer have increased resistance to environmental hazards, but entirely reliant on internal air and the systems that move the air around and out

Atlas Kane

A
Perfect! And no worries!

All looking good now, very nice set of Mando skin! Passing it on for Mentor review.

[member="Darth Ananta"]

[member="Atlas Kane"] [member="Vila Sayne"]

Vila Sayne said:
Personal Energy Shield: Cutting edge personal energy shield unit attached to belt. Can be set to molecular, particle, or both.
The molecular shield option needs to be listed as a strength, beyond just stating there is a shield on the armor.

Vila Sayne said:
Blast Energy Sinks: Belt

Vila Sayne said:
Personal Energy Shield: Cutting edge personal energy shield unit attached to belt. Can be set to molecular, particle, or both.

Vila Sayne said:
Light-Shield: Light-Shield node on left forearm.

Vila Sayne said:
Material: Beskar
Given the array of special features, plus the addition of this being made of beskar, the blaster resistance, and possibly your lightsaber resistance, are not high enough for what is on the armor. Beskar already provides a high rating of blaster and lightsaber resistance from the get-go. I would suggest upping these to Very High, or otherwise remove pertinent features which affect these ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom