Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Savant Wireless Server-Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Physically-lockable-USB-flash-drive-Crypteks4.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: Item to aid in Sabotauge, data-collection, slicing etc.
Development Thread: If Needed.
Manufacturer: Orphen Sathariel, Open Source
Model: S.Wi.S.S. (Savant Wireless Server Spike.)

Affiliation: Black Market
Modularity: Paint-Job, head attachment.
Production: Mass Produced

Material: Plasteel, Nutorium alternate computer components, wave reciever.
Description: The Savant Wireless Data-Spike is the Swiss army knife of slicing. A small simple contraption which acts as a relay between itself and any broadcasting device that is within range of it. The Swiss is a simple receiver and data spike which, when plugged into an offline system, such as archives, military compounds or other locations; uploads a hidden and heavily encrypted Trojan file within the coding streams of the greater system. This Trojan only holds a starting point for digital entrance and the system configuration data for the Swiss to be compatible with the system itself. With the Swiss plugged in, after little more than a couple of seconds, an offline or closed system becomes open to the slicer who can be at great distance with a long range device, removing the need to have to sit behind enemy lines in a dark archive room under threat of being caught with a cord attached to a low power datapad.

The beauty of this system is that it works regardless of the OS, as the Trojan is programmed to install and hide its data anywhere that it can, but as deep as it is able, be it in or outside a firewall, or in and among encrypted files or among log in data. But, to its credit, as many firewalls protect from outside interference, not direct interface with a mainframe with attached hardware, it takes advanced or custom systems to be shunted to the outside in most cases. From this point of entry or checkpoint the Swiss creates, a slicer is able to begin slicing, having to work through any data defenses as they normally would with any other system, with the added benefit of the system now having a wireless connection.

Additionally the Swiss uses alternative plasteel conductors and a Nutorium casing, making it invisible to routine scanners, while its simple purpose and slim size make it almost unrecognizable to all those but the few who have memorized system hardware layouts to the point of spotting something so small and seemingly insignificant. Finally, the subtle nature of the trojan and the uploaded data size is minuscule in scope, making it easily lost within large systems of data and hard to be found or exiled without knowing specifically what you're looking for or routine system wipes or reboots.

The only customize-able portion of the Swiss is the connection head, which is made to be easily swapped out with other heads compatible to other systems, allowing it to have a degree of universality.

Netherworld

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Netherworld

Hello, [member="Orphen"]! I'll be your judge today. :)

Nice to see something alternative like this pass through the factory, I dig the idea behind it!
That being said, we'll need to clear up a few things before I can stamp this.

Orphen said:
Additionally the machine has almost zero metal in its composition, instead using alternative conductors and a Nutorium casing
Nutorium was a metal which could be used to make alloys.
  • The latter is from the wookieepedia article on Nutorium. As you can see, the sentence in your sub is rather self-contradictory, so I'd ask you to clear that up.
Orphen said:
With the Swiss plugged in, after little more than a couple of seconds, an offline or closed system becomes open to the slicer
  • The wording of this suggests that any and all systems would fall to the SWiSS in a matter of seconds, regardless of the level of encryption, firewalls, etc., so I'll need you to alter this to be more vague/less powerful.
Orphen said:
The only customize-able portion of the Swiss is the connection head, which is made to be easily swapped out with other heads compatable to other systems, allowing it to have a degree of universality.
  • This also only references the compatibility of hardware/ports, correct?

1. Far as I can tell, the Galaxy/SW doesn't have an universal "operating system", so the SWiSS package likely wouldn't work on every system regardless of said system's encryption levels, protection, etc.
  2. I'd feel much more comfortable stamping this if the SWiSS package were only capable of aiding the slicer with breaking into the system, not doing it entirely without effort on their part.
  3. Alternately, if you wish to keep this "insta-slice" function, I'd ask you to do a small development thread of 10-15 quality posts.

[member="Netherworld"]

I think you miss the point of the SWISS, or i worded it badly... the SWISS doesn't break into anything, the automatic instillation of data is in the same sense that when you plug a mouse in for the first time it downloads its data into you, the SWISS just goes for the first data it sees, even embedding into a firewall.

The SWISS also doesn't break into anything for you...

The idea is that, the most well defended data-collections tend to be offline, they have no internet. Like all those things where people hack into the pentagon... you can't, cos their servers and data-banks are offline... you can't access it by the internet as there is no actual attachment.

This, 'gives' something that is offline, a wireless attachment so that a slicer 'can' attempt to hack it. Plug it in, run to your ship, fly to orbit, and then slice through the firewalls from the comfort of your own home with a long range device. The Slicer would still have to get through firewalls.

:)

EDIT: So, i guess if there is a fire-wall which would protect something from plugging directly into its core system, the slicer's beginning point would be behind that firewall. If plugging it in bypasses the firewall cos its plugged in directly, the slicer would begin past it.

Netherworld

[member="Orphen"]

Alright, with that clarification, this would be okay.
Please be aware, however, that slicers will still be able to counteract the SWiSS however they see fit, and that plugging this into a system does not automatically guarantee success. :)

Pending approval, [member="Braith Achlys"].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom