Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Satis Frigidum Research Complex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Satis Frigidum Research Complex

Image source: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/4b/Starkiller_flooding_tunnel_and_trench.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160324011942

Classification: Research Base

Affiliation: Independent

Population: 200 scientists and research staff, 250 support staff, 100 security guards. Additional room for 200 third party contracted staff

Defenses: 30xSentry Turrets programmed to each research section, controlled by each section's security guard commander. 4x XX-10 Turbolaser Towers , 6x Bp.2 Anti-Infantry Turrets Nerve gas control for the company owner on third-party sections.

Point of Interest: Destroyed Colony

Description:

Heveticus Maw was offered a contract to build a major research facility, it was up to him where a good, private location was. Heveticus requested scans and the history of several ice planets. He finally decided on the Bakura sector, where he eventually confirmed the site of construction on Bakura-6.

His client requested a base to research new weapon and chemical prototypes in a secure setting while also providing area for third party clients to do their work with no questions asked, as long as they adhere to the research station's rules. Maw personally desired to acquire this base when he had the financial capability and more clients, so he put in extra work for security features and as he was being paid to construct the complex, he felt that it would be a wise investment. There are five company research areas and two for third party companies. Each research area in the complex will be self-sufficient(to an extent) and will be independent from other stations. In the event of an invasion, each research area goes into lock-down and is opened at the security commander's discretion.

Lead Staff:

(Genders not defined, names listed are only last names)

Base Administrator Achilleus Erebian: Greedy, Paranoid

Commander Jayson: Meticulous, Trusting
Commander Gregarious: Unyielding, Cynical
Commander Thithe: Dishonest, Aggressive
Commander Julianos: Selfish, Passive

Head Scientist Alek: Socially Awkward, Fast Worker, Honest
Head Scientist Flavius: Logical, Ugly, Crippled
Head Scientist Sham'Ual: Optimistic, Unpredictable
Head Scientist Fefferin: Flirtatious, Attractive, Irritable

Features:
  • Each research area is contained, self-sufficient and independent from each other
  • Areas available for third part companies
  • Base is currently secret
  • Climate makes invasion difficult
  • Research projects are unrestricted as long as the client pays and follow the short list of conditions

Contract:
  • I will not intentionally compromise my peers/other staff/employer's/client's work
  • I will not attempt to bypass security
  • I will not divulge the location of the base to the general public
  • I will not make weapons of mass destruction
  • I will follow all the Base Administrator's instructions
  • I will not attempt to steal and sell technology from the base
  • I will not provoke any faction, major, minor or pirate to aggression against the staff of this base

History:

The structure has been constructed near the long destroyed colony on Bakura-6, destroyed shortly after the destruction of the second Death Star in 4ABY. The Ssi-ruu decided to invade the planet and use the colonists as a power source using a method known as Entenchment. The Imperial fleet defending it failed to defend the system, failing to call for reinforcements and were destroyed.

Intent:

To build an independent research base, potentially to purchase at a later time to include in company Operations. Eventually re-build the colony, establishes cities and install a government on Bakura-6.

[member="Heveticus Maw"]

Right, let's see what we have here :)

Okay, first thing to add is that you definitely need a new image: what you've displayed is a battlestation carved out of a planet. You are absolutely not doing that to one of SW's most iconic planets. That'd most certainly be a reason to deny this. The concept itself is fine, but please find an actual research station image that's not misleading.

I'll need you to post permission from one of FO's staff, since this sub is located in their territory.

Other than that, it's a pretty standard submission. Do me a favour and also list the number of auto-turrets you have, preferably linking them either to an existing weapon in SW canon, or to an approved submission here - the idea of an 'auto-turret' covers a lot of ground (could be heavy ground-to-space, or simple anti-personnel tech), which is why it's best if we're clear on exactly what you're asking for.

Let me know once you've made the appropriate edits, and we'll go from there. Thanks :)

I am fairly new to forum controls and I unintentionally linked an entire page rather than a single image I wanted to use. I have now linked the desired image.

I couldn't quite find the description of the turret type I wanted, similar to the sentry turrets from Star Wars Jedi Outcast II, but I will just use the one I linked for now.

The First Order faction leader had concerns about me building on Hoth, so I will just move it to Bakura-6 instead. I added increased defense because as far as I am aware, nobody has anything on the planet.

[member="Tirdarius"]

[member="Heveticus Maw"]

Bakura-6 is a perfectly acceptable alternative, so that's good, thank you.

I like the addition of the turrets. Normally you'd need to ask the person who made the original sub, but since they're ports of original canon stuff, you can keep them without issues.

I should note that your description still says 'Hoth'. It could do with a little fleshing out, if possible: what's the history of the base there? You've noted that it was a destroyed colony, but when was it destroyed? By whom? How did your company discover it? What have you done to make it usable again? Details and descriptive writing win you big points in the Factory, especially if others will use your submission - they have to have something to write off. So if you wouldn't mind making a few adjustments on that score, we can move this along.

Thanks!

[member="Heveticus Maw"]

That's a heck of a lot better. If you're intended those NPCs to be persistent, it might be worth doing a sub for them, but I leave that to you.

I'll turn this over to [member="Judah Dashiell"] and [member="Silencia"] for secondary review, and then we'll see if it's ready to be approved. Thanks for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom