Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saruh versus Kodo Das (Kenobi Padawan Tournament)

KENOBI CLASS PRAXEUM SHIP
TRAINING ROOM

[member="Saruh"] vs. [member="Kodo Das"]
Judge: [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

This was the highest training room on the Praxeum ship. It was a large circular training room, set down into the floor. Along the front and back were a series of seats raised up on platforms for other Jedi to watch the dueling occur. There were a number of younger Jedi present, waiting eagerly for the match to begin.
A small circular droid hovered down to the center of the training circle. It twirled around for a moment and then a small port opened and a blue light shown out of it. Within a few moments, the blue light took on the form of Jedi Master Kian Karr. He glanced around the room looking first to those waiting to see the match begin and then began to speak.

"My fellow Jedi." Kian began, clasping his hands behind his back and pacing back and forth as he spoke. "Today we kick off the Kenobi Padawan Tournament. Today's match is between Padawans Saruh and Kodo Das and is being overseen by Jedi Knight Seraphina Shel'tah."
"Before I turn the floor over to Knight Shel'tah, allow me to remind everyone that this tournament is about broadening relationships among your fellow padawans and about striving to hone your abilities with a blade. Don't lose site of the importance of having fun.
"The nature of a tournament such as this means that there will be a winner and a loser. But remember, that in both victory and loss, there are important lessons to be learned!"
"Good luck, and have fun!" Kian said bowing to them all before the image faded away and the droid returned from whence it came.

Sera stepped down from the stairs leading up to the platformed seats, her sabers hanging at her side as she entered the combat ring. She smiled to both [member="Saruh"] and [member="Kodo Das"].

"Welcome, both of you. To briefly summarize the rules of engagement, Force powers are permitted with limited focus. This is a saber competition, abuse of Force powers will be grounds for disqualification. You'll receive only a single warninng from me. Next, if your opponent yields, the fight is over, and you are to cease combat immediately. Furthermore, each Padawan is permitted to use their preferred lightsaber form, and either a single or double lightsaber, or saberstaff. All of which will be training sabers to prevent lethal force from being used. Finally, this should be kept friendly. Regardless of the winner, you will shake hands and take away from the fight knowledge for the future. The greatest victory can come from failure. Believe me, I know this quite well myself."

The Knight stepped back out of the circle, but within range to properly referee the match. "Good luck to you both. May the Force be with you. You may begin when ready."

Kodo watched as Kian and Sera spoke, in turn. This was his first official happening as a Jedi. Finally, he'd be able to show off a little. If there was one thing Kodo liked, it was showing off. Kian had been training him for a while at this point. Hopefully, he'd impress. Kodo hadn't found any sort of, obscure style of lightsaber that plenty of Jedi seemed to use yet. Curved hilt, two blade with one hilt, or two separate ones. So, the boring training saber he had sat on his belt, resting lightly. Kodo held out a hand to Saruh, giving her a short smile. "Good luck," he winked at her.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"] | [member="Saruh"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom