Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Saotome Recharger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a small upgrade for ship systems
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Saotome Foundry
  • Model: Recharge Decay Upgrade
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market (Any character can use this if they have explicit permission through, for example, a marketplace purchase)
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Production: Mass-Produced. (Anyone.)
  • Material:
    Components
  • Duraplast

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Shield Recharge Decay
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
Recharge Decay: Shortens the time shields require to spin back up when brought down to fire weapons or let ships pass through

• 1-200 meters = 10 second recharge
  • 201-1,000 meters = 15 second recharge
  • 1,001-2,000 meters = 20 second recharge
  • 2,001-3,000 meters = 25 second recharge
  • 3,000 plus meters = 30 second recharge

Strengths:
  • Customization: Designed to be used for personal and more advanced ships to give it a special option and support
Weaknesses :
  • One of Many: Designed for a specific function, the piece requires the rest of the shield and ship to provide power and what it will be working with. By itself it is just a hunk of duraplast with components that sits in the engine room
DESCRIPTION
Designed by Saotome for a small often overlooked function of ships and shields. The recharge window presented when shields are dropped to preform small tasks. In the middle of a combat situation it can prove live or death and in some cases is often the smallest thing. With Saotome's small component it adds a small booster to speed up the recharge. All that Saotome has done is to make it so the piece can be used with their ships and their additional pieces of ship equipment such as the shield booster or quad back up system.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

How exactly does this system shorten the time on a ship? Could you please explain it more.

Also there has to be a limit, we can't have constant regenerating shields. Perhaps a certain size ship? Or having all the energy on the ship have to go in to using the program?

[member="Felix Hardy"]

based on the trench vs anakin episode there is a delay and gap between ships. the stealth ship anakin used once it dropped cloaking and fired required a handful of seconds for the shield to spin up leaving them vulnerable. Same as trench when his ship was destroyed because the shields could not be raised in time after dropping them to fire the missiles. I can agree I wouldn't want constantly regenerating shields for balance. I'll add more to explain it and gladly work on a scaling system for size of ship vs level of recharge. I don't have physical therapy tomorrow.

[member="Felix Hardy"]

I believe I have a good scale with a basic idea going off the size of the stealth ship compared to the cis ship in the episode

1-200 meters = 10 second recharge
201-1,000 meters = 15 second recharge
1,001-2,000 meters = 20 second recharge
2,001-3,000 meters = 25 second recharge
3,000 plus meters = 30 second recharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom