Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sail-board

TP_Surf-01b.jpg

Image source: http://3dconceptualdesigner.blogspot.co.nz/2010/05/project-review-treasure-planet-2002.html

Name: sail boared

Intent: Personal transport for Erron quill

Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: Erron Quill

Model: N/A

Affiliation: The Red Ravens

Modularity: The sail can be removed

Production: semi-unique

Material: Bronzium & pasteel

Role: personal transport & scout

Height: board= 3cm + sail= 2.3m

Length: 1.75m

Width: 35cm

Weight: 30kgs

Minimum Crew: 1

Optimal Crew: 1

Propulsion: 2 repulsorlifts

Top Speed: 1 km/s

Armaments: 2 basic blasters (mounted on the side of the craft & controlled by pressure sensors on the sail handle)

Squadron Count: 31

Passenger Capacity: 1 (but even that is pushing it)

Cargo Capacity: 20kgs

Misc. Equipment: none

Description: The sail board is a very fast, light & nimble vehicle supposed to be used for a personal transport or a recon vehicle, it is light so it has near to no armour this is why it was made to be fast. It was created by Erron quill as a recreational vehicle but after seeing it's potential he made upgrades and now it's a persanal vehicle of Erron quill and 2 others. It was designed to be very eye catching and fancy (almost a Statius symbol) that's also why it looks almost steam punk.

Primary Source: N/A.

[member="Alric Kuhn"] sorry I would but 1 it won't let me reply to this topic and I've been away on holiday for a few weeks and I didn have wifi

Netherworld

[member="Erron Quill"]

Alright, so first off, it would be greatly appreciated if you made sure that your sub uses proper punctuation and grammar. I'm not talking a few typos here; the whole sub is riddled with mistakes, making it very hard to understand anything about this sub.

I'd like to point out that a device similar to what you're creating here already exists; it's called a skimboard. The addition of a sail is rather unnecessary, since the board uses repulsorlifts for propulsion, but if you want to go ahead with it, that's your choice.

With that out of the way, let's get on to specifics:

Erron Quill said:
Manufacturer: Erron Quill

Erron Quill said:
Production: semi-unique

Erron Quill said:
it's a ersanal vehicle of most high ranking members of the red ravens
  • These three don't go well together. What you're looking for here is limited production

Erron Quill said:
Propulsion: 2 hover rooters + 2 advanced jet thrusters
  • I'm not sure what exactly those are supposed to be. If that's chaos canon tech, please link me the subs, because otherwise, all hover-vehicles use repulsorlifts

Erron Quill said:
Top Speed: 200mps
  • All units must be in metric
  • For a land vehicle that offers no protection for the rider whatsoever, that speed is absolutely not feasible. At 321 km/s, the rider would be blown right off and die upon impact with the ground and/or surrounding objects

Erron Quill said:
Armaments: 2 basic blasters
  • Where are these blasters located? How does one use them (both) if one is holding to the sail?

Please answer these questions and make the edits where appropriate. I'd also ask you to flesh out the description a little bit and give it some meat. This could be an interesting sub, all in all, but it needs some work before it'll get there. :)

Netherworld

[member="Erron Quill"]

Okay, I see you cut down on the number of sailboards, so semi-unique is okay. Remember, though, that if more than three people are found using these, that's considered abuse. :)

Erron Quill said:
it's a persanal vehicle of Erron quill and 2 others
  • Could you please note who these two others are?

Erron Quill said:
Top Speed: 120 kps
  • If you meant kilometers per second, please use km/s
  • 120 km/s (that's 432 000 km/h) is an impossibly high speed for a vehicle that offers no protection for the rider, not to mention that the sailboard itself would be torn/set on fire/disintegrated/what have you. To illustrate, the speed needed to escape the gravity well of the Earth is 11.2 km/s. I'm sure you understand why a flimsy sailboard couldn't withstand the speed you list, not to mention the rider would be long dead
  • Please edit the speed to something reasonable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom