Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech SABR Hécate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
RJDfUdW.png
Intent: To develop a new weapon

Image Source: Google/imgur
http://i.imgur.com/RJDfUdW.png

Canon Link:

Restricted Missions:

Primary Source:

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: [member="Cynthia Raxis"]

Model: SABR Hécate

Affiliation: [member="Cynthia Raxis"]

Modularity: Scopes, ammunition type (not size), attachments (muzzle, suppressors, Scopes etc.)

Production: Unique

Material: Nylon 6 Frame, Songsteel barrel and mechanisms, magnetic coils

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Slugthrower - Rail Sniper Rifle

Size: Handheld

Length: 137.922cm

Weight: 8.28kg (without scope or attachments)

Ammunition Type: Incendiary .408 Cheytac

Ammunition Capacity: 10

Effective Range: 3,220m (top range 3,500m)

Rate of Fire: Bolt-action, Single Fire

SPECIAL FEATURES

Ammo Box pouches -
On Both sides of the stock there is a pouch that can hold one cartridge of bullets. This makes it easy access and less movement

Front Bipod and rear monopod -
To improve stability for accuracy the gun as both of these built on. The bipod is to be used to rest the gun in an object while the monopod is only useable in a prone position.

High efficiency muzzle brake -
The barrel is fitted with a high-efficiency muzzle brake which reduces the felt recoil.

Strengths:

Superb long range -
The gun uses many ways to obtain its long range. The first is the noticeable long barrel it possesses. The second is from magnetic coils that propel the bullets at higher speeds. the third is from the cartridge was designed to help the bullet to fly flatter and farther.

Silent - using magnetic coils the gun makes minimal noise making it difficult to determine the location of the user.

Saber resistance -
Since the barrel is used from songsteel it has a resistance against lightsabers. Although this strength holds no merit to cynthia due to the purpose.

Weaknesses:

Bolt-action -
while the type of firing mechanism has it's pro’s the major down side is the requirement to pull the bolt back after every shot. This increases the time before each round can be given off.

Size -
The size of the weapon can make it difficult to carry around. It also stands out in public as it is also difficult to hide when talking around.

Recoil - even with the high efficiency muzzle brake the recoil is still powerful. Although the kick goes more backwards that up due to the muzzle.

Emp/ion - the coils can be effected by emp or ion based attacks. While the gun will still function range will drop 1,220m

Bullet type - while every round will function as a bullet not every round will perform like it should and ignite on impact.

DESCRIPTION

Over the years Cynthia has improved on her abilities to fight at long range. So to push her limits further to keep improving she has made a rifle that is able to fire at a longer range. This has been achieved by using different techniques. The long barrel increases bullet spin while the magnetic coils give it the high speed. The cartridge was designed for accuracy by balancing the linear and rotational drag, helping the bullet to fly flatter and farther.

The SABR Hécate is very light since it uses materials that have a low weight to it. The majority of the frame is made from an ultra light polymer while the metal used is songsteel that gives it most of its weight. Attached to the weapon is a Bipod and Monopod. These are to increase stability and accuracy when lent against a surface or prone.

Netherworld

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Netherworld

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

Sanya Val Swift said:
  • Please link the website or the author of the image, not the image itself.

Sanya Val Swift said:
Length: 54.3inch
  • All units must be in metric.

Sanya Val Swift said:
(Detail briefly in a list format actual contents of the known abilities, special features, qualities of note, etc. - If these are notable enough to be strengths, please add them to strengths. . )

Sanya Val Swift said:
(Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)

Sanya Val Swift said:
(Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
  • Remove these, please.

Sanya Val Swift said:
Effective Range: 4,500m
  • Drop this down to 3000 m please.

Sanya Val Swift said:
Ammunition Capacity: 8
  • With that range and stopping power, drop this to 5.

1. Please add EMP/Ion to weaknesses.
  2. Please add heavy recoil to weaknesses. .50 BMG is not a gentle round, especially with a rifle built this light.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Netherworld"]

Most edits you asked for are done

I've dropped the range down to 3,220m and included a top range where it is more difficult for the character to push

I've chosen a different calibur (two sizes down from the .50 bmg if I'm correct) that can travel a larger distance.

Also for good merit I've added another weakness meaning 5 weaknesses to 2 strengths.

With the round change I would like to ask if I can remove the recoil weakness?

Netherworld

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

The rifle is very light, and that round still has a solid kick. The recoil stays.

Approved, pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom